DamDave

To be honest.....I wouldn't even flip yet. They're on a roll now.. let them grow. You have plenty more space to fill there. Top the one at the back and only worry about cleaning them when there are alot more leaves. Leave them for another week.....or two. Promise you won't regret it. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

Everyone has a different way of doing their defol, I literally strip my plants bare before I flip. Remove anything from node 3 and below and put them straight into flower.

Then around week 2 or 3 into flower, after a lot of the stretch has happened they're bushes again and another defol is required to open the canopy and allow the light to penetrate and shine on the buds.

Doing this helps prevent fluff and skits, if you want the fluff and skits then keep a few more nodes when doing the defol.

• Like 4

Gonna follow everyone's advice and veg for longer.

Little observation after reading comments on the re-veg.

My plants battled in the beginning due to big pots and water retention.
Then I flipped to flower on the recommended date.
10 days later put back into veg as I saw major problems growth wise.

Here's my thoughts.

I think my plants were so shocked for whatever reasons which resulted in stunted growth.
They were in a state of shock still when I flipped to flower.
10 days later I realized with help from you guys to re-veg.
Then I replanted into fabric bags.

Plants started recovering.

Thing is.

Due to whatever stress the plants were going through did they actually go into flower in those 10 days due to their condition?

I've got what looks like pistels but no re-veg signs ie: single leaf's after 2 weeks and the plants are booming now.

59220f210e6be11d7f190a1f82d495d1.jpg

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

That looks like what the 10 days of flower would have done. Those are all calyxes from what I can see, and not balls if you are concerned. Just stick to the veg cycle until you are ready to flip
Cool. Thanks.

Wasn't concerned about being male, I've spent the last year learning to 'spot the male' and pretty good now.
Was concerned all the stress I've put the girls through was doing something else.

Really want to flip again but I'll give it another week and decide.

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That QB can still be raised, so height is not a problem.

Extra veg time will help ensure the ladies are established in the new pots and extra medium as well as allow them a bit more time to bulk up and grow a bit more before you flip - all in all, leading to a bigger and better yield 😄 

Those days in flower seem to have helped push some nice growth as well, I love the tight node spacing and that will lead to some very nice stacking once they're back in flower.

Personally, anything below that tight node stacking I would get rid of and remove completely before putting the plants back into flower. Basically anything below the yellow line.

Remove.thumb.jpg.10d3928782e3bf5f1a5e91a0339b35bd.jpg

Reason being, there will be new growth in the next 2 weeks and then even more growth during the 3 week stretch.

Anything below that line will be left at the bottom of the plant and will not receive optimal light and will likely end up as fluff.

I find removing the bottom part of the plant not only helps with airflow, but also helps produce larger bud at the top where the plant is getting more light. It will also help force the plant to focus it's energy on new growth and less energy is spent maintaining the stuff at the bottom.

• Like 2

So I've reached the end of week one of flower.

Took them outside to give some water and a bit of a defoliating.

Did a minimal snip and decided to pull some branches to the side and secured to the bags with pipe cleaners rather than go overboard with the snips.

Group pic then 1,2,3 in top view.

Hope I did the right thing.

IMG_20210814_130823.jpg

IMG_20210814_130717.jpg

IMG_20210814_130702.jpg

IMG_20210814_130738.jpg

• Like 8

Day 16 of 12/12.

Pics T1,T2,T3 in order.

Looking a bit droopy as it is watering time.

Sticking to 2 waterings plain water and every third watering adding molasses.

Keep wondering what they would look like if I didn't screw up in the beginning.

But hey, super chuffed none the less.

Sorry about the pic quality, new phone, complicated camera.

IMG_20210822_124704_6.jpg

IMG_20210822_124722_1.jpg

IMG_20210822_124804_5.jpg

IMG_20210822_125009_6.jpg

IMG_20210822_125023_6.jpg

IMG_20210822_125108_6.jpg

• Like 2

• 420SA pinned this topic