DamDave

1 hour ago, DamDave said:

To be honest, I used it the once at the start of all this palaver out of desperation.
I've settled on adding molasses every other water and take it from there.

Still unsure about the GHE. In my head it still says for hydro. I'm soil. Dunno. It's just me and chemicals man, I try and avoid that stuff in everyday life so feel the same with plants I suppose.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

Nutes are nutes, can be used in soil, coco, hydro - whatever really.

GHE has a chart for soil and then a separate one for coco / hydro. You'd just follow the soil chart which is lower strength in comparison as soils have some nutrients in there already, unlike coco and hydro.

As for chemicals, well, I get where you are coming from but avoiding them altogether is near impossible.

Chemicals... Does not mean they are bad either. They save lives, they help reduce famine.

Artificial is not a bad thing either, sometimes artificial is better for nature and the environment even.

The plants are the ones processing the nutes, not you and your body and the plants are very happy with the nutes too.

Upto you, if you don't want to use nutes then don't 🙂 

I'd let the plants get a bit bigger before flipping to flower.

• Like 3

Nutes are nutes, can be used in soil, coco, hydro - whatever really.
GHE has a chart for soil and then a separate one for coco / hydro. You'd just follow the soil chart which is lower strength in comparison as soils have some nutrients in there already, unlike coco and hydro.

As for chemicals, well, I get where you are coming from but avoiding them altogether is near impossible.
Chemicals... Does not mean they are bad either. They save lives, they help reduce famine.
Artificial is not a bad thing either, sometimes artificial is better for nature and the environment even.
The plants are the ones processing the nutes, not you and your body and the plants are very happy with the nutes too.

Upto you, if you don't want to use nutes then don't  

I'd let the plants get a bit bigger before flipping to flower.
Quick question bud or anyone else.
Read somewhere GHE is salt based or something like that.
Does that mean you get organic nutes?

Anyone keen on giving a Friday night lesson?

5 minutes ago, DamDave said:

Quick question bud or anyone else.
Read somewhere GHE is salt based or something like that.
Does that mean you get organic nutes?

Anyone keen on giving a Friday night lesson?

Do you mean organic liquid nutes such as biobizz? GHE is synthetic nutes which most synthetic are salt based. There is also a big range of semi-organic nutes overseas, the only one I know of in SA is the umya range. 

Do you mean organic liquid nutes such as biobizz? GHE is synthetic nutes which most synthetic are salt based. There is also a big range of semi-organic nutes overseas, the only one I know of in SA is the umya range. 
Honestly I know a limited amount about nutrients.

• Like 1

elemental-blend.thumb.jpg.ad033146c35d5a11e5c18aab3cc2934d.jpg
R160 treats 100L of soil. Never using other nutes again. 
Elemental is awsome , I used it both ways ......amend old soil and just with Spagnum peat moss/Coco and pearlite .
I always have a bag by me

Sent from my Hisense Infinity H50 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

14 hours ago, GGG said:

Elemental is awsome , I used it both ways ......amend old soil and just with Spagnum peat moss/Coco and pearlite .
I always have a bag by me

Since I have been using this blend I treat every deficiency or burn the same way. I do a 5-7 min long flush till the runoff is clear. let it drain for a few minutes then apply 5 litres of water mixed with a hand full of the elemental blend. Seems to work well. I use a lot of extra perlite and good living soil from @GreenGrow Garden Route

• Like 1

So the plants were in flower for 10 when I decided to put them back into veg.
That puts them at 11 days in reveg now.

Anyways I haven't given the plants a good inspection for some time and today I spotted these.

Is this leftovers from going into flower or something else?

57f10342cc70379e2144061bd59e1b7f.jpg

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Those are pistils, you'll sometimes see them on plants in veg if they're mature.

Having them in flower likely helped push the plants to show pistils.
I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Thanks. Just needed some confirmation.

• Like 1

10 days or so since changing lights back to veg mode.

The lights have been on 24hrs to help combat the cold but will be set on 18/6 from today.

Lights are 400mm above plants at the moment.

Looking at these beauties I wish I could dial the clock back.

I'm in two minds on flipping to flower next Sunday which will be shy of 3 weeks of re-vegging.

I'll probably do it anyways. 😣

IMG_20210725_102418.jpg

IMG_20210725_102359.jpg

IMG_20210725_102513.jpg

IMG_20210725_102219.jpg

• Like 5
  • Fire! 1

37 minutes ago, DamDave said:

10 days or so since changing lights back to veg mode.

The lights have been on 24hrs to help combat the cold but will be set on 18/6 from today.

Lights are 400mm above plants at the moment.

Looking at these beauties I wish I could dial the clock back.

I'm in two minds on flipping to flower next Sunday which will be shy of 3 weeks of re-vegging.

I'll probably do it anyways. 😣

IMG_20210725_102418.jpg

IMG_20210725_102359.jpg

IMG_20210725_102513.jpg

IMG_20210725_102219.jpg

Plants are looking great brother 👍🏻🔥

• Like 2

Lekker Dave they pumping now , usually if I defol before a flip I do a good defol and wait a week then flip , that way when I do defol between week 2-3 it's just a little and no big skok for the girls

• Agree 1

Lekker Dave they pumping now , usually if I defol before a flip I do a good defol and wait a week then flip , that way when I do defol between week 2-3 it's just a little and no big skok for the girls

Considering not doing anything for now due to lack of experience. First week or two of flower I'll see what the plant is doing stretch wise and commit to trimming or leave be.

On that note. Any Capetonions wanting to come train me and the plants, farm air, beer and a braai is on offer.

• 420SA pinned this topic