DamDave

FCUK IT!!

Woke up this morning and removed a couple of inches of soil off the heaviest pot to have a Butcher's Hook. As you can see, pretty wet.

Probably not a stella idea but replanted again, this time into a PnP bag.

Heading to the big city (Melkbos 😁) today. See if I can find something to lower the ph.

Amazing how a basic prob opens the eyes hey.

Anyhow I'll decide during the course of the day wether to re-pot the other two.

IMG_20210710_090318.jpg

IMG_20210710_090443.jpg

IMG_20210710_090437.jpg

IMG_20210710_092013.jpg

IMG_20210710_092003.jpg

• Like 1

The roots look good and healthy, getting established nicely.

Repotting may stunt them and increase recovery. Fabric pots will help the medium dry out quicker.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

I might just chance it as there has been no growth the past week.
Once I had the plant out the pot the soil seemed OK until I scratched a few cm off the side. Wet.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hat's off to the indoor guy's.

70 odd plants I had outdoor this season with minimal effort.
Look at me now.

Anyhow's I went ahead and repotted the other two and shared a 2l GHE mix (for grow) between the three.

Beginning to wonder now if it's worthwhile to put them back into veg or to just carry on and learn how to put out fires.93d659652e710e3e2d742f52b6548377.jpg

• Sad 1

Eish they just not happy. Not sure what to say. Mine recovered after switching to fabric bags. Your setup doesn’t allow you separate veg/flower areas. Perhaps keep the best one in and veg the others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eish they just not happy. Not sure what to say. Mine recovered after switching to fabric bags. Your setup doesn’t allow you separate veg/flower areas. Perhaps keep the best one in and veg the others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live and learn hey. Is it weird that I'm really enjoying this challenge though.

Unfortunately I don't have a dedicated veg area yet so it's all or none.

• Like 3

@DamDave A challenge means you are learning which can be fun and exciting! 😄 

It means next time will be better.

If it were me personally, I'd keep the plants in veg as right now you will barely get any yield from them and you've already spent quite a bit of time and effort to get them this so.

So I'd keep them in veg, get them right and happy and let them bulk up and when they are ready then flip to flower - the bud you get from the plants will be worth the effort I am sure, a nice reward after all the effort you're putting in.

This right here is the perfect example as to why auto's are not the best idea for someone who has just started growing.

Being a photoperiod, one can take their time and get get the plant happy and right and continue - just delays harvest a bit but at least the harvest will be decent.

You want to monitor for new growth, keep in mind the roots will need to get established again and colder temps will slow down growth.

May take a week or 2 though, remember to PH your feed to prevent lockout.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, DamDave said:

Live and learn hey. Is it weird that I'm really enjoying this challenge though.

No, that is great, it is such a good opportunity to learn. I'd do whatever you think would help you learn the most. And I'm sure that everyone will keep watching long after the competition so you don't have to worry about feedback later on either.

• Like 2

How long were they in flower for? They may need to reveg as well which will further delay their recovery.

Just something to keep in mind, going to require a bit of patience, but you shall get there and we will ensure the plants are happy and recover nicely! The harvest in the end will be worth it 😄 

How long were they in flower for? They may need to reveg as well which will further delay their recovery.

Just something to keep in mind, going to require a bit of patience, but you shall get there and we will ensure the plants are happy and recover nicely! The harvest in the end will be worth it  
Pretty much a week of flower.
Yeah, I've pulled up a chair for the long haul.
Bought a ph test kit and my watering ph is correct.
Soil is drying out.
I think everything is stable so I am counting this as day 1 of veg.
Lets see.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DamDave said:

Pretty much a week of flower.
Yeah, I've pulled up a chair for the long haul.
Bought a ph test kit and my watering ph is correct.
Soil is drying out.
I think everything is stable so I am counting this as day 1 of veg.
Lets see.

Reveg would take approx 2 weeks I think.

Recovery around 2 weeks as well.

Keep us updated! 😄 Keen to see the harvest come through in the end.

4 hours ago, Green Leaf Organics said:

I found it out by keeping written diaries and reveging over 2000+ plants 😉.  my preferred method of growing is monster cropping which involves letting the plants go info flower before taking clones and reveging the clones 

2000+ is plenty, you must have a library of logs.

You made this observation on 18/6 I'd guess and not on 24h straight, and if running on 24h would you still say the same amount of time then?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Green Leaf Organics said:

For every day a plant is in 12/12 flower mode you need 4 days for reveg

4 hours ago, Green Leaf Organics said:

my preferred method of growing is monster cropping which involves letting the plants go into flower before taking clones and reveging the clones 

Whooooow that is nuts, so if you wanted to reveg a clone from a full flowering plant at harvest, say you flowered for 8 weeks, that clone would take 32 weeks to reveg! 🤯 

That's 8 months! Holy balls man! 

As a part of your growing method, how long into flower would you start your cloning process? I must assume from the numbers above it would not be right at harvest 🤔

• Like 1

It all depends on genetic age of the strain . I have a original cheese cut that was brought into south africa in 1994 , this strain will not reveg under 18/6 as with many of my stains that are very old genetically.  For best reveg results I always go 24 hours light , 18/6 will slow down reveg or as I say on old genetics it won't even reveg . 

I have strain that you can put outdoors in the middle of summer and they will flower even. 

As for my library I have decades of journals , I fill out a page every day on my observations of rhe day and my plans and goals . They one of my most important tools 

13 minutes ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

2000+ is plenty, you must have a library of logs.

You made this observation on 18/6 I'd guess and not on 24h straight, and if running on 24h would you still say the same amount of time then?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

Whooooow that is nuts, so if you wanted to reveg a clone from a full flowering plant at harvest, say you flowered for 8 weeks, that clone would take 32 weeks to reveg! 🤯 

That's 8 months! Holy balls man! 

As a part of your growing method, how long into flower would you start your cloning process? I must assume from the numbers above it would not be right at harvest 🤔

Main issue I have if clones taken at harvest is keeping the plants alive long enough to reveg , they will naturally die before reveg happens . I am not saying it can't be done but it's a long process. That's why the lower underdeveloped buds are the ones left for reveg as they will be a few weeks behind 

I take my clones on day 14 of flower , no later and no earlier . Then by the time the room has finished flowering the clones have revegged and ready to go into the veg room and the veg room is ready to go into the flower room and the cycle continues 

Edited by Green Leaf Organics
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Green Leaf Organics said:

As for my library I have decades of journals , I fill out a page every day on my observations of rhe day and my plans and goals . They one of my most important tools 

You seem defensive, and hope not, I wasnt knocking, and find that invaluable and paper "gold".

I agree with 24h 

My observations are different though with re veg, and have got far shorter times, but as you say yourself, there are so many variables, strains and so on.

But to say the one size fits all, you first gave, is hard to finalize. 

Edited by The_StonedTrooper
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 420SA pinned this topic