DamDave

@DamDave That soil looks super dry man. Do not let your medium dry out too much.
What nutes are you using again? Growth looks to be on the slower side for sure unfortunately, do you have a heater keeping the temps warm and relatively stable?
Knuckle test says ok. Soil moist about an inch down. Watered lightly once the last week and a bit. Soil seems to want to stay soggy even with the extra perlite.
I'm not using nutes but did add Epsom salts the last water.

Hopefully get into the village soon and see what's on the shelf.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, DamDave said:

Knuckle test says ok. Soil moist about an inch down. Watered lightly once the last week and a bit. Soil seems to want to stay soggy even with the extra perlite.
I'm not using nutes but did add Epsom salts the last water.

Hopefully get into the village soon and see what's on the shelf.

Based on my experience, when it is dry like that - waiting longer will just slow growth down further. When the soil dries out, it makes it more difficult for the plant to get access to nutes. I have always found growth spurts after watering when the medium is dry like that.

Your soil will stay moist for a longer period of time as the plants are still small, cannot drink as much as larger plants.

What size pots are those? If they are 10l then I'd say give 1L per pot, if they are 20L then give 2L per pot. Once the plants get larger then bump up to 1.5 to 2L per 10L pot and 3L per 20L pot.

Also start feeding your plants! Use the GHE nutes, it is amazing stuff and your plants will love you for it. Growth will be exceptional and in 2 weeks time you'll look back and wonder why you did not do it sooner. 

At least follow my advice on your worst plant and see how it compares to the other plants in say 2 weeks time. The best way to learn is to experiment yourself and see the results for yourself 🙂 

Edited by PsyCLown
  • Like 1

Based on my experience, when it is dry like that - waiting longer will just slow growth down further. When the soil dries out, it makes it more difficult for the plant to get access to nutes. I have always found growth spurts after watering when the medium is dry like that.
Your soil will stay moist for a longer period of time as the plants are still small, cannot drink as much as larger plants.

What size pots are those? If they are 10l then I'd say give 1L per pot, if they are 20L then give 2L per pot. Once the plants get larger then bump up to 1.5 to 2L per 10L pot and 3L per 20L pot.
Also start feeding your plants! Use the GHE nutes, it is amazing stuff and your plants will love you for it. Growth will be exceptional and in 2 weeks time you'll look back and wonder why you did not do it sooner. 

At least follow my advice on your worst plant and see how it compares to the other plants in say 2 weeks time. The best way to learn is to experiment yourself and see the results for yourself  
Thanks bud.
10l pots with 500-750ml water. I've got a feeling it's as you say. The roots are battling down there.
I'll give the nutes a go and see what happens.

• Like 1

Thanks bud.
10l pots with 500-750ml water. I've got a feeling it's as you say. The roots are battling down there.
I'll give the nutes a go and see what happens.

Give it 750ml of nutes if you don't want to water too much. You'll just need to give feed more frequently then.

Give nutes with every watering. I'd recommended you pH as well before feeding, aim for a pH of around 6.3

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Flip day. 😞

Mid term report.

Firstly sorry for the overload of pics.

55 days since seeds put in water.

49 days since seedlings have been in soil.

So I planted directly into a 10l pot and stunted growth due to soil still being waay to wet in my opinion.

I carefully removed plants and repotted into smaller pots.

Soil in 10l pots I spread out to dry then added extra perlite.

It seems to have helped but I think the soil still stays on the damp side for a long time.

Plants recovered somewhat after two weeks in the smaller pots and were repotted into the 10l pots.

They still seem to be battling though.

Temps max: 28.6

min: 16.4

RH max: 71

min: 39

Water 750ml once a week or so.

Feed & nutes:

Tried Epsom salts in the water a while back.

The second last water I gave a half dose of GHE tri part.

Bio neem spray every two weeks.

Not very happy at this stage but on the bright side I can see a root or two popping out the bottom of the pot.

I think that's everything covered.

IMG_20210703_085827.jpg

IMG_20210703_085903.jpg

IMG_20210703_085928.jpg

IMG_20210703_090009.jpg

IMG_20210703_090143.jpg

IMG_20210703_090219.jpg

IMG_20210703_090241.jpg

IMG_20210703_090451.jpg

IMG_20210703_090621.jpg

IMG_20210703_090640.jpg

IMG_20210703_090722.jpg

IMG_20210703_090657.jpg

IMG_20210703_090847.jpg

IMG_20210703_090859.jpg

• Like 10

I personally feel it is the soil you are growing in. I have just planted seeds and have no issues with temps. The tent is not heated and the garage has no ceiling.
Yep. Unfortunately I have to live with that now. Got some molasses so gonna read up on that as I still feel uneasy about using the GHE nutes.

Organizing one of these heater's to see if I can improve the environment.6bd37ce20ac8a2acb6544d9eebe7d303.jpg

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

Don't stress too much about the cold. Your plants are going to grow a bit slower and will be colorful, but they'll still grow. 

It's not the temperature doing that to those girls. I'd literally stop everything(watering, feeding, no fiddling) for the next 7 or more days. If you don't get an improvement on that, then that soil is off. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

i agree 96% with @Totemic, i would personally saturate the pots with a full strength dose of GHE and correctly ph the feed and then leave the plant alone for a week and see what happens... possibly take @iGrowDagga daily Epsom salts foliar regime for the next 7 days as well because those purple stems are badly needing some mg.

are you testing your Ph?

• Agree 2

@DamDave Why are you soo hesitant to try the GHE nutes?

The nutes will be available to the plants immediately and speed up recovery, unlike trying molasses to provide food for microbes to help them grow to breakdown organic shit to turn into food - could take another 3 weeks+ if you want to go this route. You are not providing food for the plants directly by giving molasses.

I agree with @CreX except for the foliar part, I feel keep it simple and leave the foliar for now.

Full veg dose of GHE nutes as per the chart on the bottle, PH the feed to 6.3 and feed to the plants.

The plants are going to take a few weeks to bounce back and recover, even with GHE. They are very unhappy unfortunately.

I do not think a heater is a bad idea, the one you linked to seems good. The basic fan heaters with an element works well and they have a thermostat on them too, to help dial in the temps.

This is the heater I am referring to: https://www.takealot.com/salton-fan-heater/PLID38673156

I saw Builders have them for R199, Checkers might have them as well and at a similar price.

Higher temps will help the plants metabolism speed up again and will assist evaporating moisture from the soil. If you were using fabric pots, it would also assist but is not a must have.

• Like 1

Don't stress too much about the cold. Your plants are going to grow a bit slower and will be colorful, but they'll still grow. 
It's not the temperature doing that to those girls. I'd literally stop everything(watering, feeding, no fiddling) for the next 7 or more days. If you don't get an improvement on that, then that soil is off. 
Thanks for the reassurance on the cold.
Yeah I'm off watering for 5 days or so now and planning on starting again Friday or if the plants let me know they thirsty before then.

I'm new to cannabis soil but have been working with plants and soils for years and man something just doesn't feel right about this soil.. It just refuses to dry normally.

i agree 96% with @Totemic, i would personally saturate the pots with a full strength dose of GHE and correctly ph the feed and then leave the plant alone for a week and see what happens... possibly take @iGrowDagga daily Epsom salts foliar regime for the next 7 days as well because those purple stems are badly needing some mg.
are you testing your Ph?
When the next watering comes I'll be starting with some sort of feeding program but so much conflicting info on the web.
Unfortunately no means to test ph.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SkunkPharm said:

I don't think its over watering. My soil is a peat based soil and it retains 2-3 times more water than coco. I water every day atm.

Totally different circumstances I'd guess. 

What water is he using, chlorine free, dead without air...

I had the same problem with when giving aircon water, that had no air or life in, and had the same problem when the soil wasnt drying out, and I was watering again, and he said he has that issue. There isn't air in the soil and the plant is trying to claw it's way out.

Although I could be wrong 

Bud if I can advise here. 

Don't listen to anyone, don't follow one person's advice that has been given.  - Read them all, digest them all, but don't anchor to one, you need to find your own answer, we don't have it. 

But rather sit back, and think what could you have done, or what you can do to improve. If your taught fail atleast you learnt how not to do it, and that's step 1 to learning how to do something. 

*We're all sitting on the sidelines speculating and it's causing alot of unnecessary noise, you need to sit in the quite and think😎

Edited by iGrowDagga
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, iGrowDagga said:

Bud if I can advise here. 

Don't listen to anyone, don't follow one person's advice that has been given.  - Read them all, digest them all, but don't anchor to one, you need to find your own answer, we don't have it. 

But rather sit back, and think what could you have done, or what you can do to improve. If your taught fail atleast you learnt how not to do it, and that's step 1 to learning how to do something. 

*We're all sitting on the sidelines speculating and it's causing alot of unnecessary noise, you need to sit in the quite and think😎

Yes, then you learn and know for next time🙌

Edited by The_StonedTrooper
  • Agree 1

Might teach him what not to do, does not help him grow and get a good harvest though.

Need to get this corrected, although there has been a lot of info and it is contradicting.
This just goes to show that there are many different ways to grow.

Ultimately, try them out yourself and stick to what you find works best for you.
Right now, you need to get the plants happy again. I would keep them in veg, get them happy, let them bulk up and then flip.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Agree 1

Oh boy, more confusing...

I think everyone agrees, let it dry out, Dave, you know plants and soil, and agree its wet.

Leave it dry now, and report back.

Read all comments, feel what sounds right for you, and do that, and we are here for you brother, as guidance. 

But you have to know it feels right and works for you, like @PsyCLown said, many ways to grow, but what works and makes sense to you 

• Like 1

• 420SA pinned this topic