DamDave

@DamDave as @iGrowDagga has pointed out. Your plants will need to remain indoors and no assistance from outdoors or the sun is allowed. 
As other competitors have raised concerns over this I ask that you please stick to the rules on this one. Much appreciated
Big apologies.

They were in the sun for about 3 hours to try and warm the pots up to dry the soil. Temperature was cold outside so I put them back in the cabinet with a heater fan blowing on the pots.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DamDave said:

Big apologies.

They were in the sun for about 3 hours to try and warm the pots up to dry the soil. Temperature was cold outside so I put them back in the cabinet with a heater fan blowing on the pots.

All good bud

Update time.

Here I was thinking I was blessed with a plant with minimal stretch only to find out the girls were drowning and getting a little chilly on top of that. Chilly because during the day the top half of the cabinet is open. Not anymore.

I put a fan heater on the bases for a short while and then raised the pots off the floor by a few mm. I've also exchanged the clip on fan for a bigger one to help dry the pots out. Fan blowing above but not directly onto the plants for a gentle breeze. I have also taken a pencil and poked holes into the soil to try and aerate it.

Drying out slowly but surely and at 17 days from potting I have stunted plants.

Got myself a thermometer to help understand and control the cabinet environment. If any eagle eyes are wondering about the readings they are the garage temps.

IMG_20210531_192605.jpg

IMG_20210531_192841.jpg

IMG_20210531_192913.jpg

IMG_20210531_192938.jpg

IMG_20210531_193000.jpg

IMG_20210531_193025.jpg

IMG_20210531_193112.jpg

IMG_20210531_193130.jpg

IMG_20210601_204303.jpg

• Sad 1

Bro you really REALLY like Epsom Salt hey? 
I didn't want to say anything.
Seeing I'm using this comp to learn the art of growing every bit of info is useful. Some may agree some not but each to their own.

I've given the plants a light dose, let's see what happens.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iGrowDagga said:

You're not wrong, I REALLY like the Epsom Salt. 

If anything looks different to healthy I smack em with the Epsom spray. 

LOL if only everything was fixed with MGSO4.

@DamDavei dont think thats the case this time... the plants are tiny and should still be able to feed themselves still if no other nutes were added yet...

i think there are issues with the root zone... potentially too hot soil. the Jo Ma se soil right?

the pics of other plants on 17 days show growing ladies so i do think you need to fix this, and soon

unfortunately, i dont think any amount of epsom will fix this problem

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, DamDave said:

Update time.

Here I was thinking I was blessed with a plant with minimal stretch only to find out the girls were drowning and getting a little chilly on top of that. Chilly because during the day the top half of the cabinet is open. Not anymore.

I put a fan heater on the bases for a short while and then raised the pots off the floor by a few mm. I've also exchanged the clip on fan for a bigger one to help dry the pots out. Fan blowing above but not directly onto the plants for a gentle breeze. I have also taken a pencil and poked holes into the soil to try and aerate it.

Drying out slowly but surely and at 17 days from potting I have stunted plants.

Got myself a thermometer to help understand and control the cabinet environment. If any eagle eyes are wondering about the readings they are the garage temps.

IMG_20210531_192605.jpg

IMG_20210531_192841.jpg

IMG_20210531_192913.jpg

IMG_20210531_192938.jpg

IMG_20210531_193000.jpg

IMG_20210531_193025.jpg

IMG_20210531_193112.jpg

IMG_20210531_193130.jpg

IMG_20210601_204303.jpg

Bud it looks as though your calcium is getting locked out, that might be because the soil is hot, and if something else is added, the existing calcium with bind too it or something to that extent and nutrients does not move as well. I would suggest just feeding water till they straighten out. No need to add anything else if that's fresh soil.

LOL if only everything was fixed with MGSO4.
@DamDavei dont think thats the case this time... the plants are tiny and should still be able to feed themselves still if no other nutes were added yet...
i think there are issues with the root zone... potentially too hot soil. the Jo Ma se soil right?
the pics of other plants on 17 days show growing ladies so i do think you need to fix this, and soon
unfortunately, i dont think any amount of epsom will fix this problem

I changed to Just Cannabis at the 11th hour.
I'm learning the hard way by planting directly into final pot and hopefully pull them back from being oxygen starved.
I've also drilling a few tiny holes in the side of the pots, might work in helping to dry out the soil.

• Like 1

That soil looks a bit hot, flush it under a tap until the runoff is clear and mix new nutes and microbes at 1/3. Good luck buddy. Whenever I cant find the problem I just reset with a long flush. It fills the soil with fresh oxygen and flushes away anaerobic bacteria. 

That soil looks a bit hot, flush it under a tap until the runoff is clear and mix new nutes and microbes at 1/3. Good luck buddy. Whenever I cant find the problem I just reset with a long flush. It fills the soil with fresh oxygen and flushes away anaerobic bacteria. 
I usually do that to my soil a few days before potting and let it dry out. Soil didn't seem to dry out as quick this time.

So if my soil is moist/wet and depriving the roots of oxygen are you saying by flushing I'll get rid of some hot whatever's in the soil and get some oxygen back to the roots as the water soaks through the soil.

Don't want to go drowning the ladies again.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, DamDave said:

I usually do that to my soil a few days before potting and let it dry out. Soil didn't seem to dry out as quick this time.

So if my soil is moist/wet and depriving the roots of oxygen are you saying by flushing I'll get rid of some hot whatever's in the soil and get some oxygen back to the roots as the water soaks through the soil.

I usally put 1 or 2 dell sticks in the soil right before the flush. Then after the flush when the soil settles I slowly and carefull pull them out leaving airways right to the bottom.

• Like 3

+1 for the soil being too hot

Bit of a tricky situation as those plants don't look like they'll handle the heavy moisture from a flush well but on the other hand the moisture will help the soil break down better. Just cannabis is meant to be a "soil" so flushing it isn't guaranteed to solve the issue. Not as straight forward as flushing salts out.

I would seriously consider getting those plants out of that soil into something more reliable like FF soil. It's drastic, but could save your plants

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

This got me thinking... 
If I'm observing correctly you have no ventilation going in or out of your grow box? 
Do you leave the top or side open for fresh air to move in and out? 
There is a ventilation slit on the base of the cabinet which is raised off the floor slightly.
I have also installed a 100mm bathroom extractor fan in the top corner of the cabinet which has not been switched on yet. Can feel air been pushed out from fan in cabinet.

Went out and bought a thermo that I couldn't afford but needed I think. Good move.

My cabinet has been sitting between 17 - 20 degrees with top half open during the day.
Keep the cabinet closed now and temp sitting at 26 degrees and RH at 65. Although dropped to 14 degrees last night.

2 hours ago, DamDave said:

1. There is a ventilation slit on the base. 

2. 100mm bathroom extractor fan in the top corner 

3.Keep the cabinet closed now and temp sitting at 26 degrees and RH at 65. 

1. Perfect 

2. Turn on👍

3. That sounds perfect. 

Maybe turn the fan so that it blows against the wall of the Cabinet. Might be they getting toomuch wind saying eina, like being on the beach in August. 

-With top fan on, you'll have fresh air being sucked in from below, fan vortexing it around and 100mm sucking it all out. 

17 hours ago, DamDave said:

If your soil is wet and the plants are still building a root zone, I really wouldn't suggest flushing the soil bud. I'm having the same problem in such a big container, the soil does not dry up easy so overwatering is always a risk. 

Only once a the plants have a nicely developed root system will they be able to take a flushing, or further stunting could be on the cards. 

Edited by ORGANinc.
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, 420SA said:

+1 for the soil being too hot

Bit of a tricky situation as those plants don't look like they'll handle the heavy moisture from a flush well but on the other hand the moisture will help the soil break down better. Just cannabis is meant to be a "soil" so flushing it isn't guaranteed to solve the issue. Not as straight forward as flushing salts out.

I would seriously consider getting those plants out of that soil into something more reliable like FF soil. It's drastic, but could save your plants

The soil might be too hot, but if he just continues on with watering when the medium dries abit, i'm sure the plants will snap out of it and grow well.

If your soil is wet and the plants are still building a root zone, I really wouldn't suggest flushing the soil bud. I'm having the same problem in such a big container, the soil does not dry up easy so overwatering is always a risk. 
Only once a the plants have a nicely developed root system will they be able to take a flushing, or further stunting could be on the cards. 
I've known the risks of planting directly into final pot and usually very careful with the prep work. Take the good with the bad I suppose.
Since getting the thermo and drilling a few holes in the side of the pot seems to have helped.
My cabinet was way to cold with the top half open which hampered the pot drying.
Nice and cosy now and the plants seem to have a new breath of life.

I'll post a few pics soon.

• Like 1

What helps in the winter is sucking air in from the top and catching the hot air from the lights and then the outlet at the bottom , I usually change intake from bottom (summer) and then top in winter 2-5 degrees helps with no extra cost

Sent from my Hisense Infinity H50 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 420SA pinned this topic