DamDave

Righty ho.

Roots have appeared on #1 & #3 so I think it's soil time.

Some of you that have been monitoring my progress since I started growing a year ago will have noticed I have a different light now.

A few weeks back when everyone was scrambling to get their beans before the cut off date there was a lot of goodwill and offers of help going about. Was actually a good feeling watching people willing to help strangers.

A few of you reached out to help me pay the entrance fee. Thanks to you all for the offer.

Then a local guy I support soil wise gave me soil towards the grow, how he found out I don't know. So a big thank you to Jou Ma se Soil although I changed to Just Cannabis at the 11th hour.

And the generosity didn't stop there.

@Light It Up reached out and asked if I had a decent light and offered me a 240w QB for the duration of the grow. No strings attached, put it back in the box and return to sender after the grow off. Or purchase it if I wanted to.

Speechless. I've already quit the pub and smoking next. You know where this is going.

Big shout out again to the above, the forum, @Totemic and the sponsor's for such a great opportunity.👊

TextOnPhoto_1621062615257.png

TextOnPhoto_1621062689263.png

TextOnPhoto_1621062741016.png

IMG_20210515_144730.jpg

IMG_20210515_144826.jpg

IMG_20210515_144846.jpg

IMG_20210515_144801.jpg

TextOnPhoto_1621167554384.png

• Like 17

You go boy! That 240W will keep you in the running!
Love the home boy Light it up... what a legend!
I've looked around pretty extensively and definitely the best pricing around...

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I agree but must add@growopz is also doing some great stuff price wise.
The one imports, assembles and supplies. I'm happy, takes the hassle out off me having to import.
The other imports, builds and supplies.
Also happy.

Supporting two local suppliers. Happy.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Almost reaching the end of seedling stage for me. I've given 2 weeks for the plants to do their own thing and sometime this weekend will be day 1 of veg.

I seem to be one of the lucky one's that have had minimal stretch.

The @Light It Up light is 600mm above @Totemic genetics and dialled down to 160w.

Using various apps on two phones I am averaging what I think are good numbers on not so precise instruments.

DLI - 27

PPFD - 390

Lux - 23

Having problems uploading pics out in the bush today. I'll try again later.

• Like 2

Yeah. The first two weeks I don't give much water as I find the jiffy retains enough moisture for the seedling once it's in the soil. From this weekend I'll be watering the way you mentioned not only to encourage the roots to spread but to also minimize the risk of drowning the roots seen I've planted directly into the final pot.

Thanks for the heads up as it's useful info in case someone didn't know about it or forgot.

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, iGrowDagga said:

Try water a donut shape around rather than the base alone. 

A donut shape will allow the roots too run outwards and seek water, currently they don't stray far out because they don't need to

Thanks for this advice. I'm going to try this. 👍

13 hours ago, iGrowDagga said:

Try water a donut shape around rather than the base alone. 

A donut shape will allow the roots too run outwards and seek water, currently they don't stray far out because they don't need to

Not sure why @iGrowDagga mentioned that... but to me, those plants are thirsty... id dribble some water around them

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 5/16/2021 at 2:45 PM, DamDave said:

A few of you reached out to help me pay the entrance fee. Thanks to you all for the offer.

Then a local guy I support soil wise gave me soil towards the grow, how he found out I don't know. So a big thank you to Jou Ma se Soil although I changed to Just Cannabis at the 11th hour.

And the generosity didn't stop there.

@Light It Up reached out and asked if I had a decent light and offered me a 240w QB for the duration of the grow. No strings attached, put it back in the box and return to sender after the grow off. Or purchase it if I wanted to.

Amazing to see this happening! Great on everyone that helped you out. Goodluck for the rest of the grow👍🏻

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CreX said:

Not sure why @iGrowDagga mentioned that... but to me, those plants are thirsty... id dribble some water around them

I'm referring to stem area, it seems like Dave is focusing on watering the stem whereas it would be a bit more effective if the entire pot got watered. 

-Donut shape allows the roots to grow outwards. 

Hope my crude drawing explains a bit better.

Screenshot_20210528-101723.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

As long as you see dark soil, there is no reason to water at all 😁 

As you want a dry cycle, also for the youngsters, how much you give is key.. doesn't really matter where 😁 moisture spreads the deeper you go in the pot. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

They were thirsty. I read somewhere the seed has all it needs to get through the first couple of weeks food/nutrient wise.
Seeing that I plant directly into a 10l pot I try and do as little as possible and let the plant tell me when it's thirsty. Sunday will be day 1 of veg stage and flip to flower 29 june working on 70 day flower time.

So from Sunday everything changes.
I usually water round the edge of the pot mainly using the knuckle test which should be every 3-4 days in my cabinet. I do prefer under watering than to much.
Feeding I'm not sure about. Got a bottle of Seagrow sitting on the shelf ????
Training I've got a week or two to see if I can learn an easy method watching other grows. Probably gonna stick with bog standard LST.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DamDave said:

They were thirsty. I read somewhere the seed has all it needs to get through the first couple of weeks food/nutrient wise.

just remember that a human can live off their own body fat for over 50 days!! doesnt mean its wise to go without food for that long.

same with plants and seedlings... just because they can, doesnt mean they should.

i would give a very light feed mix for them.

• Like 2

just remember that a human can live off their own body fat for over 50 days!! doesnt mean its wise to go without food for that long.
same with plants and seedlings... just because they can, doesnt mean they should.
i would give a very light feed mix for them.
I understand all that it's just I've never added anything but water to my plants.
Since growing indoors, well it's a totally different ball game and I'm constantly learning.
I've learnt to always pay attention to the basics. Good soil tick, good genetics tick, good light tick.
I'm busy trying to get my cabinet environment correct now then I can tick that as well.

When you say feed what are you talking about product wise? Busy reading up on seagrow as I've got some on hand.

This stage of the game is new to me, feed wise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DamDave said:

When you say feed what are you talking about product wise?

Seagrow in extremely small quantities once in a blue moon has helped me indoor, but I prefer not to use it as it's v easy to overuse imho. 

Try and make a Fermented Plant Juice (FPJ) using cannabis leaves & brown sugar. 

This is what I feed from day 1 on my seedlings, foilar spray/feed

After week 3 I add a bit of Epsom to the foilar spray. 

Edited by iGrowDagga
  • Like 2

SeaGro is fine.. But as mentioned above.. Less is definately more with that smelly shit.. I've burnt my fingers a few times with it.. I also prefer no feeding.. Some microbes once a week foliar and soil at 100ml per 10L.. I'm new to indoor so I would prefer to stear clear of anny EC,PH  meters and all that for now. That could just confuze a medicator..😂  I'll take it slow with that.. Lets just try and get environment spot on.. PM is my biggest worry now that I struggle with it.. Indoor can become real tricky and involved... I take my hat off to the veterans on here.. Growing those dense nugs is not just strain and genes.. Takes some true passion and mastery to create..👌👍🌱

• Like 4

To be honest.... My little plants get 0.8EC from early... 400ppm

And don't notice any bad vibes. 

I do water less than fully saturated until they are bigger... But I do feed them pretty much as soon as the 2nd set of leaves is out... And clones, they get fed properly from the word go

• Agree 1

To be honest.... My little plants get 0.8EC from early... 400ppm
And don't notice any bad vibes. 
I do water less than fully saturated until they are bigger... But I do feed them pretty much as soon as the 2nd set of leaves is out... And clones, they get fed properly from the word go
I think we were all wrong on the plants looking thirsty.
During a trimming session I got to thinking what I did different this time.

Pop seeds in glass.
Germinated seeds in jiffies.
Jiffies into 10l pots.

Nothing different so I started thinking further back.

When I prepare my pots I give the soil a good soaking and let them stand outside to dry out while seeds are in the tot glass.
Bingo.
I'm indoors now and I've realized my soil in the pot is still super damp as we have had miserable weather this side.
I'm drowning the seedlings or was I think.

Got them outside today in the sun to try and dry them out bit.
Hope I'm not breaking any rules by doing this but save plants is top priority.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DamDave said:

Ha ha. Don't joke man. Just glad the sun was out my side today. Pots already feeling way lighter and back in the cabinet.

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

@DamDave as @iGrowDagga has pointed out. Your plants will need to remain indoors and no assistance from outdoors or the sun is allowed. 

As other competitors have raised concerns over this I ask that you please stick to the rules on this one. Much appreciated

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 420SA pinned this topic