DamDave

I'm gonna take the gap between now and germination kick off to give you a brief rundown of my setup.

Seeds: @Totemic

Tortoni (Chocolope NL x Gelato#33 x Slurricane) Feminized.

Lights: @Light It Up

240w Quantum Board LED Grow Light using LM301B diodes powered by a MW XLG-240-H-AB driver. Dimmable.

Soil: 

Jou Ma se Soil. Local booi 👊

Cabinet:

3 of my wife's shelving units slapped together.

950mm x 950mm x 1550mm

There is a cover for the bottom half of the cabinet which I put on at night during veg stage. Reason one is to keep the field mice out and secondly to keep some warmth.

There is a second panel for the top half for total blackout.

As you can see there is no ventilation yet. I have a 100mm ceiling fan that pushes 90m3/h that I'm gonna use for intake.

Outlet I'm still scrounging for a pc fan or something but for now just gonna drill some vent holes.

Hopefully inlet and internal light cooling and plant breeze fans will be ok for circulation.

Pot size I'm still debating between 7l and 10l.

As far as training is concerned I'll be watching you guys and then decide. Clueless on this front.

Feeding and nutes, clueless.

Let the games begin and I'm looking forward to coming out of this having learnt a lot.

Good luck all✌👊

IMG_20210506_133421.jpg

IMG_20210506_133507.jpg

IMG_20210506_133758.jpg

IMG_20210506_151951.jpg

IMG_20210506_152026.jpg

• Like 10

Setup looks good! Keen to see how the grow turns out for you.
Good luck 
Thanks man.
Trying to organize last minute soil. Bit of a challenge when you live in the bush.
The guy I get my soil from notified me that the batch I received runs into a nitrogen problem later in veg. The joys of working with a developing local brand hey. Love the honesty though.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DamDave said:

Thanks man.
Trying to organize last minute soil. Bit of a challenge when you live in the bush.
The guy I get my soil from notified me that the batch I received runs into a nitrogen problem later in veg. The joys of working with a developing local brand hey. Love the honesty though.

You will be running some nutes too though, right?

So shouldn't be an issue then! 😄 

You will be running some nutes too though, right?

So shouldn't be an issue then!  
I was given some tri-part nutes some time back. To be honest I'm too scared to use them as I have no experience in that department.
I'll probably get some Just Cannabis soil if the local village nursery 20km away has in stock.
Hold thumbs

• Like 1

So after dropping the seeds in the shot glass I put them in the corner of my little mother plant area.

As of this morning none of the seeds had split yet.

Popped the seeds into jiffies then into my humidity box and in the cabinet under the light courtesy of @Light It Up

Must admit I'm feeling very nervous all of a sudden.

20210508_112624.jpg

20210508_112639.jpg

IMG_20210509_063202.jpg

IMG_20210510_090200.jpg

IMG_20210510_090510-1.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DamDave said:

So after dropping the seeds in the shot glass I put them in the corner of my little mother plant area.

Popped the seeds into jiffies then into my humidity box and in the cabinet under the light courtesy of @Light It Up.

20210508_112624.jpg

20210508_112639.jpg

IMG_20210509_063202.jpg

IMG_20210510_090200.jpg

Dont stress to much I planted some seeds a couple of weeks ago and had the same thing. They all popped up in the end. It can take 5 to 7 days. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, DamDave said:

Popped the seeds into jiffies then into my humidity box and in the cabinet under the light courtesy of @Light It Up.

20210508_112624.jpg

20210508_112639.jpg

IMG_20210509_063202.jpg

IMG_20210510_090200.jpg

The 2 Tortoni's I popped in March also took quite a while to split open and show tap root.  I think they will be happy in the jiffy pellet and probably show some action in 3 to 5 days. Good luck man

• Like 4

On 5/7/2021 at 5:08 PM, DamDave said:

I was given some tri-part nutes some time back. To be honest I'm too scared to use them as I have no experience in that department.
I'll probably get some Just Cannabis soil if the local village nursery 20km away has in stock.
Hold thumbs

i have used that soil before and it wasnt so bad... it had a far amount of slow release ferts in it but you will need to feed it as the release wasnt fast enough for crazy growth.

id go for it if you havent already, or maybe coco if you have a tripack?

• Like 1

i have used that soil before and it wasnt so bad... it had a far amount of slow release ferts in it but you will need to feed it as the release wasnt fast enough for crazy growth.
id go for it if you havent already, or maybe coco if you have a tripack?
Good to know. Managed to get the soil. Phew.

• Like 3

As I see it it’s been 100% germination so far across all contestants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've always had good results with@Totemic seeds germination wise. Coming to the end of a very late outdoor grow of his GTH#1 x OKC.
Popped 45 seeds of which 42 germinated and left with 33 females.

• Like 5

• 420SA pinned this topic