CreX

Alright! Time to update my thread!! The plants are moving along happily... I did a large removal of leaves and nodes I have no interest in and hopefully they can put the energy to where I want it😜

I have been a bit slack... And the plants haven't been watered since last week some time.. So I'm going to do that now now and get stuck into my veg room... Lots to do!! Even more to do in the flower room but lets not go there now hehe

IMG_20210616_084504.jpg

IMG_20210616_084533.jpg

IMG_20210616_084538.jpg

• Like 11

I may need to move my qb... As I am using just the one qb in a 1.2x1.2 space... Very short of what I should have that's for sure!! But they will be fine... They are growing well, but I fear I may be slipping behind on some of the competition 🤔😁😱😋

• Like 3

Okay! Definitely one plant is more exuberant than the other, no matter... 

I have trimmed off some more lower fan leaves and ones that go inward to the plant to expose lower growth. 

Some stems seemed to grow a bit faster than others, these I have pinched and rolled to slow down the growth for a few days to let the shorter stems catch up. 

Plants are happy and are not displaying any signs of stress or issues, it is smooth sailing for now👌👌

Only 10 days left for them to do their things! They will be considerably smaller than other plants I usually put into flower, but I am hoping for the best, juiciest, most succulent flowers come harvest time😜

IMG_20210622_230612.jpg

IMG_20210622_230607.jpg

IMG_20210623_182216.jpg

IMG_20210623_182312.jpg

IMG_20210623_182258.jpg

IMG_20210622_230621.jpg

• Like 16

What's crackalacking fam! I have a few updates for you all. With just a handful of days to go before the flip, I have cleaned up the plants and taken Off most fan leaves. The remaining leaves will really take off and set the scene for flowering. Stakes and trellis will be added to support and guide the stems to success and bountiful harvests with fat unwavering dongs😜

I enjoyed @iGrowDagga post with the ruler for reference and decided to include some of my own ruler for reference pics😁📐

5 more sleeps guys😜

IMG_20210628_213919.jpg

IMG_20210628_220913.jpg

IMG_20210628_214812.jpg

IMG_20210628_214831.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CreX said:

What's crackalacking fam! I have a few updates for you all. With just a handful of days to go before the flip, I have cleaned up the plants and taken Off most fan leaves. The remaining leaves will really take off and set the scene for flowering. Stakes and trellis will be added to support and guide the stems to success and bountiful harvests with fat unwavering dongs😜

I enjoyed @iGrowDagga post with the ruler for reference and decided to include some of my own ruler for reference pics😁📐

5 more sleeps guys😜

IMG_20210628_213919.jpg

IMG_20210628_220913.jpg

IMG_20210628_214812.jpg

IMG_20210628_214831.jpg

The before and after looks very cool man. 

I think your gonna end up with a bad ass flowering jungle in that tub. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, CreX said:

5 more sleeps guys😜

IMG_20210628_213919.jpg

IMG_20210628_220913.jpg

IMG_20210628_214812.jpg

IMG_20210628_214831.jpg

Plants look great bud! No games being played with the defol there hey, the the ruler is a good comparison. I was set to flip today but did some further topping so Ill be waiting till the very last minute.

Edited by ORGANinc.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alright! Good evening ladies and gents! On to the next phase of our journey!!! Where the magic happens!!! Where the glory shall be found and our hopes and dreams dashed or made splendid.... 

Welcome....to the flowering chambers😈

As you can see... These teeny tots are a bit smaller than my usual bunch hehe😅 but they will do really great because I have given them their own 240w of light, tomorrow night I will be adding the stakes and trellis for the final touches to my growing methods. 

We have the two Tortoni in there, in the middle and front, and at the back we have two Bananuim plants. I will also be taking cuts of everything tomorrow night... You know... Just in case 😏😉

IMG_20210704_205408.jpg

IMG_20210704_205420.jpg

• Like 12

Sheet! almost time for another update! just been having some electrical and water issues at home and havent been taking pics.

i have taken the decision to terminate the smaller Tortoni as she will just get completely swallowed by the bigger Tortoni and will not yield much, nor do me any justice in this fine competition. cuts have been taken for another go and more veg time for sure!

on the plus side, i am already able to determine female sex of my main entry, even though they are all fems, its still good to check!

i am now down to one plant for the comp so any fuckups here on out will seriously hamper my chances of a great outcome.

i gave the ladies a sulphur spray to make sure the Pm stays at bay.

so far it has been quite a smooth ride and i am hoping that my methods and actions keep it that way.

this is not my main update, which will include pics

• Like 6

On 7/9/2021 at 9:25 AM, CreX said:

i gave the ladies a sulphur spray to make sure the Pm stays at bay.

interesting! Is it a specific sulpher spray or did you just mix some yellow sulpher powder in water and spray? 

used the stuff quite regularly on the farm so I got a big bag of that powder for free, haven't been using it cause when I do the whole place smell like bad egg farts. 

8 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

interesting! Is it a specific sulpher spray or did you just mix some yellow sulpher powder in water and spray? 

used the stuff quite regularly on the farm so I got a big bag of that powder for free, haven't been using it cause when I do the whole place smell like bad egg farts. 

It is called biosulfur from Jamie's garden shop... I got a bit from @psyclown...

The internet speaks about 2 kinds of Sulphur foliar applications and I think it may be two separate Sulphur products. 

One is biosulfur, which I believe is organically made and collected, and then there is a lime Sulphur which is more of the yellow Sulphur and lime mix. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, CreX said:

It is called biosulfur from Jamie's garden shop... I got a bit from @psyclown...

The internet speaks about 2 kinds of Sulphur foliar applications and I think it may be two separate Sulphur products. 

One is biosulfur, which I believe is organically made and collected, and then there is a lime Sulphur which is more of the yellow Sulphur and lime mix. 

and no smells?

12 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

and no smells?

its been a few days since the spray and it still smells kinda sulphury... but not over powering.

also not pm which is cool.

i have had good success with 3 products now for pm

AQSF

BioSulfur

CopperSoap

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

these are all good for IPM and contact treatments for pm too? 

I got aqsf, copper soap and neem, then keep a small bottle of pyrol for contact treatments. 

I find the neem acts as a mild foliar feed when used right, leaves seem to gain colour and perk up a bit, aswell it will help keep thrips and mites at bay.

I have yet to see a bug infestation on my indoor garden, so the pyrol has only been used outside on my citrus trees and some viburnum shrubs that had a few wooly aphids. 

Aaaaanyway, brother your plants are all looking sexy 😁 I already you gona still give us a good show with the one you selected 🤙 

• Thanks 1

these are all good for IPM and contact treatments for pm too? 
I got aqsf, copper soap and neem, then keep a small bottle of pyrol for contact treatments. 
I find the neem acts as a mild foliar feed when used right, leaves seem to gain colour and perk up a bit, aswell it will help keep thrips and mites at bay.
I have yet to see a bug infestation on my indoor garden, so the pyrol has only been used outside on my citrus trees and some viburnum shrubs that had a few wooly aphids. 
Aaaaanyway, brother your plants are all looking sexy I already you gona still give us a good show with the one you selected  
All for PM.

The AQSF is used in flower (can even be used in veg, but it's safe to spray in flower).
Coppersoap is only to be used in veg.
BioSulfur is mainly for veg too, some use it in flower and say they can taste it in the buds and others say they don't notice it on the bud.

I personally use sulfur for veg and AQSF when I'm in flower as a preventative spray.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

All for PM.

The AQSF is used in flower (can even be used in veg, but it's safe to spray in flower).
Coppersoap is only to be used in veg.
BioSulfur is mainly for veg too, some use it in flower and say they can taste it in the buds and others say they don't notice it on the bud.

I personally use sulfur for veg and AQSF when I'm in flower as a preventative spray.

Hey brother, just curious 

Do you use AQSF with a wetting agent, or not?

How often, as preventative, and as cure?

Hey brother, just curious 
Do you use AQSF with a wetting agent, or not?
How often, as preventative, and as cure?
I always use a wetting agent when I spray, only exception is when I spray cuttings.

Im not too strict with ipm to be honest, I find I don't need to be and its more preventative. I've found what works for me.

Once a week or every 2nd week for the AQ sf as preventative.
If you have an infestation, if it'd in veg then use sulfur. If I'm flower then AQ sf at a higher dose, I think 20 to 25ml per L and 2 to 3 times a week and when it's under control then weekly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 2

Good evening!! Cutting it close with my pictures here!! 

As you can see I have staked and trellises the plants, I may just need to tighten the trellis up alil... But that's for tomorrow... Or later lol... 

This plant definitely outgrew her companion Bananuims but let's see the pudding😍

IMG_20210711_212251.jpg

• Like 10
  • Fire! 1

13 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

I always use a wetting agent when I spray, only exception is when I spray cuttings.

do you mix ingredients when you spray? like mix the aqsf and something else in the same spray? 

I use a nonionic surfactant when spraying anything at any time, except for when I am spraying aqsf.

With aqsf you wouldn't need a wetting agent as you don't really need the plant to uptake the aqsf. and all a wetting agent does is help the spread of the products on the leaves, helps to keep the products on the leaves and not drip off with the rest of the water and help the uptake through the leaves.

2 or 3 days after spraying aqsf I will wash the plants, because the aqsf will leave residuals on your plant, and you just need the micro organism that you've inroduced, Ampelomyces Quisqualis, to take host. another reason why I don't use wetting agent with it.

This is the main reason I spray absolutely nothing during flower, I would spray aqsf too, if it didn't leave my buds covered in brown dust. 

this leaves me no choice but to be almost religious with my IPM during veg.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

do you mix ingredients when you spray? like mix the aqsf and something else in the same spray? 

I use a nonionic surfactant when spraying anything at any time, except for when I am spraying aqsf.

With aqsf you wouldn't need a wetting agent as you don't really need the plant to uptake the aqsf. and all a wetting agent does is help the spread of the products on the leaves, helps to keep the products on the leaves and not drip off with the rest of the water and help the uptake through the leaves.

2 or 3 days after spraying aqsf I will wash the plants, because the aqsf will leave residuals on your plant, and you just need the micro organism that you've inroduced, Ampelomyces Quisqualis, to take host. another reason why I don't use wetting agent with it.

This is the main reason I spray absolutely nothing during flower, I would spray aqsf too, if it didn't leave my buds covered in brown dust. 

this leaves me no choice but to be almost religious with my IPM during veg.

I often do mix things when spraying, very seldom is it a single product being sprayed on the plants.

Even if its just Bio Impilo which I mix with the aqsf, so I always use a wetting agent.

As you said, a wetting agent helps spread the liquid to fully cover the leaves and to help prevent the spray from rolling off the leaves, so I feel a wetting agent is still useful if one is just spraying aq sf.

I have not noticed residue from spraying aq sf to be honest, although typically its the lower dose as a preventative spray.

Sulfur leaves a bad residue, not pleasant and does not wash off easily once dry. Most of my sprays leave little to no residue, if you look closely you may notice some "wet marks" on the leaves and sides of the tent - like when you let rain dry on your cars windshield and you can see where the water droplets were.

• 420SA pinned this topic
  • 420SA unpinned this topic