CreX

Alright boys and girls!! 

I have had a busy birthday weekend for my Daughter, and missed the kickoff by a bit! 

But, seeds are soaking now in a paper towel and drip of water and will be planted directly into the medium and final pot

Hoping that by having no transplant down time I may be able to claw back the almost 48 hour handicap!! 

High hopes... Or maybe it's just me that's high

IMG_20210509_224410.jpg

• Like 10

5 hours ago, CreX said:

Alright boys and girls!! 

I have had a busy birthday weekend for my Daughter, and missed the kickoff by a bit! 

But, seeds are soaking now in a paper towel and drip of water and will be planted directly into the medium and final pot

Hoping that by having no transplant down time I may be able to claw back the almost 48 hour handicap!! 

High hopes... Or maybe it's just me that's high

IMG_20210509_224410.jpg

Something I'm regretting now, you will definitely claw back much more! and more potential growth... I would have but I don't have the space. Nice man! Goodluck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

Why paper towel? I thought you did not like using paper towel?

I fucken hate it.... It's the worst ever... 

I ran out of pucks from a recent cutting spree😜😂 I thought I had a few left but I couldn't find them... So I paper toweled it and it's been so troublesome... So far 2 of the 3 have popped, and are in the main tote, while the 3rd one will soak again until tomorrow morning where I will plant it... Hopefully it's cracked By then

• Like 5

Just now, CreX said:

I fucken hate it.... It's the worst ever... 

I ran out of pucks from a recent cutting spree😜😂 I thought I had a few left but I couldn't find them... So I paper toweled it and it's been so troublesome... So far 2 of the 3 have popped, and are in the main tote, while the 3rd one will soak again until tomorrow morning where I will plant it... Hopefully it's cracked By then

IMG_20210511_213909.jpg

• Like 9

i hoped and i was correct in my thinking!! third seed was cracked and planted this morning, all 3 are now preparing for glory just beneath the surface.

i have 1 qb288 in the 1.2x1.2 area - i think its at max... i need to measure again and check at some point... i need to actually check all my lights watts

using Haifa Spliff S1 in veg with added Ca EDTA ... sprinkle of black magic, and a PH range of 5.7-6.0

below is the range i am using in my custom specialized storage compartments (milo tins)

image.thumb.png.b50c77ae43f1ad20b931e44afbe97ca4.pngh

• Like 10

21 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

Shit many, no jiffies. Whoever is getting those cuttings better appreciate it! 😛 

Glad all 3 popped. 😄 

damn straight!  but we need to move you over to the rapid rooter plugs like the ones im using... much easier to use, no need to hydrate the things, you can fit many more cuttings under your dome, and the cherry on top? - much lower losses

Jiffy Preforma Plugs

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, CreX said:

damn straight!  but we need to move you over to the rapid rooter plugs like the ones im using... much easier to use, no need to hydrate the things, you can fit many more cuttings under your dome, and the cherry on top? - much lower losses

Jiffy Preforma Plugs

Fat Jiffy's are surly for woodier plants.

57 minutes ago, CreX said:

Jiffy Preforma Plugs

I have used them before and will use them again, I use what I have.

Jiffy pellets or plugs both work well I find. 🙂 

I actually imported some rapid rooters from Amazon when I first started growing, back then was difficult to find these plugs locally.

Jiffies were cheaper obviously. Now the plugs are relatively common luckily.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

I have used them before and will use them again, I use what I have.

Jiffy pellets or plugs both work well I find. 🙂 

I actually imported some rapid rooters from Amazon when I first started growing, back then was difficult to find these plugs locally.

Jiffies were cheaper obviously. Now the plugs are relatively common luckily.

Ya not knocking you if you do. I also do and will be for quite a while as I bought quite a few pellets, but will get plugs next time is what i'm saying.

The pellets I find, you gotta be sure to put just the right amount of water for them to suck up, or it can get wet, and that's what causes failures sometimes I think.

Edited by ORGANinc.
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, ORGANinc. said:

Ya not knocking you if you do. I also do and will be for quite a while as I bought quite a few pellets, but will get plugs next time is what i'm saying.

The pellets I find, you gotta be sure to put just the right amount of water for them to suck up, or it can get wet, and that's what causes failures sometimes I think.

I have not experienced that, I soak mine and let them get super wet. I like water to remain in the bowl after the pellet has expanded.

Although the environment needs to be able to get rid of the water and the pellet needs to be able to dry up slowly, which typically happens in my case and then I spray them to add a bit of water now and then.

Gotta have a fine balance between humidity and airflow. Warm, humid environment is perfect for mold and bacteria etc.
Add a bit of airflow and it makes a big difference. You could also try adding a bit of trichoderma to help with damping off and some other issues if that is what you are experiencing although I typically only add once I pot my cuttings.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

my 3rd lady is a gonner... couldnt handle the heat this competition is bringing! 

such a shame that my whole tote....space for 6 plants...is down to 2 plants😅

i might plant one or two of my other seedlings in the mix to help fill the tote 

ill post pics of the sprouters in a few days once their leaves have come out nicely

• Sad 2

• 420SA pinned this topic
  • 420SA unpinned this topic