Pants

Pants

I wrote a long arse reply, validating my reply...

Then it deleted 🤬

Do it, you rather have that, and a few days, than worry you should have. 

In my experience, my plants prefer the new space, the roots will do what the plant is on top, and stretch in the first 3 weeks of flowering, so the space is better.

Oh, I've done it many times, no issues. 

Some dont like it, but even some of those who dislike it, worried they should have and did.

Edited by The_StonedTrooper
Typo
  • Like 2

All the girls got new homes. Found my two old fabrics and picked up a new one.

Soils was damp so I removed a bit on the outer layer and potted into fresh soil. The roots were obviously not happy.

Went from the 15cm to 3 gals. Quick photo before my battery died

4a8ad195759ea618b7f44a682ca00e36.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Pants said:

All the girls got new homes. Found my two old fabrics and picked up a new one.

Soils was damp so I removed a bit on the outer layer and potted into fresh soil. The roots were obviously not happy.

Went from the 15cm to 3 gals. Quick photo before my battery died

4a8ad195759ea618b7f44a682ca00e36.jpg

awesome! 🤘

now when watering in future, just pinch the material pot between thumb and index finger, give a slight tug as to pick it up, but what you're actually doing is just checking the weight. 

top soil should be dry about 12hrs after giving anything, plants leaves will still be perky when medium is light and close to completely dry, you could even wait till you see a little bit of droopyness before you water again and this would be healthier on your roots than keeping them wet.

although, idealy you wana water right before they go droopy 👍

also just checking, did you perhaps add some myco life to assist the roots? not talking bout root stimulators or phosphates or "root juice" or any tipe of feed for that matter, that would do more harm than anything right now. just some microbial life to help break down the soil and ease the transition for the already compromised roots into their new environment.

I always keep mycoroot on hand, or well in the fridge... I also keep some eco-T around, or anything with Trichoderma species in it. Explogrow and Biodyne also good options. 

Yea. Got some mycos than went into the hole. Also environoc401 ready.

Plan was to have them I. Those plastic pots for 2/3 weeks, but with them standing still I got confused and kept waiting.

Currently thinking of flipping the best one on the 3rd and checking how the others go

• Like 1

Looking back at the thread and where I started, this comp has turned into a “pimp my grow room”

Thanks for all the inputs from everyone. A lot I have been planning for months, and this gave me the reason to pull the trigger.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Pants said:

Also potted using orgasoilux so soil should be prepped and ready

just a heads up, there's been a few reports about that soil being a bit too hot, so keep your eyes open for burnt/curled leaf tips. keep feeding dosages low and increase slowly over time. although for the first month in that soil you should be good just giving clean water, no feed. 🤙

25 minutes ago, Pants said:

Looking back at the thread and where I started, this comp has turned into a “pimp my grow room”

:-hilarious

I feel you! Since starting my rook has also undergone extensive surgery... but this is what it's all about though.. learning, experimenting and bettering your grow

• Like 2

just a heads up, there's been a few reports about that soil being a bit too hot, so keep your eyes open for burnt/curled leaf tips. keep feeding dosages low and increase slowly over time. although for the first month in that soil you should be good just giving clean water, no feed.

Yea I’ve been seeing some tip burn on #3. They have been getting water with a pinch of calmag and dash of microbes. No nutes needed yet

20 hours ago, Pants said:

Yea I’ve been seeing some tip burn on #3. They have been getting water with a pinch of calmag and dash of microbes. No nutes needed yet

uh oh.. 

was the tip burn before repot?

I would say hold back on the calmag man. your medium should really have enough. 

give microbes just once a week. 

rest of the time. clean water. 

it's veg and you're in organic soil that claims it's fully loaded, first signs of def you should run into is N and your plant will turn slightly yellow, this should only happen well after a month of giving just water. 

only then you can start adding stuff, I would say some Biobizz fish and grow, alternate between the two 1ml/L. 

but you gona have to flip those ladies soon, sooo....

just plain water for you, once flipped you can do 1ml/L of biobizz bloom, wait about a month before adding any N or any CaMg

• Like 1

Shot there. My previous soil ran into mag def every time, so prob just paranoid.

Plain water it is then. Gotta wait for the biobizz bloom in any case, just about finished on the current flower run.

• Like 1

So flip day, noooooo. The girls are loving the upgrades. Just another week cap’n

So the runt, #3, has shown the most growth and will be moved to the flower chamber.

45429931a64e87f3911a2ab8a161fdc1.jpg

#1 and #2 will be pushed a couple more days to see how much more growth I can squeeze out.

e24b0f19397129285275505db1ec238b.jpg
eb54877f7224293b182afd24e712d044.jpg

• Like 6

On 7/2/2021 at 8:01 AM, Pants said:

Gotta wait for the biobizz bloom in any case

oooh riiight, fuuuuh... ck

have a looksky, not sure if you seen this, when the biobizz bloom shit hit the fan the main man himself gave us all some cheat sheets for getting around the DAFF bullshit with our precious bloom nutes! 

these products should all still be available, and easier to find🤙

on another note, I can already clearly see a big difference in those plants man! 😁 

• Like 1

So first watering today

#1 recovered wonderful and is back in the lead

#3 is being a runt again, seems like whatever burned those tips are still holding her back.
fd7b190b29bb406ca05f14bba843979f.jpg

826cc74a7942359c92dbedff9391d208.jpg

Two more were harvested to make space. A banana monkey is really catching my nose and going to try a reveg from the popcorn left
eb68e447c4c24ae1c61cd2e82cf8c228.jpg

• Like 8

So these girls are just looking happier every day. Opened them up a touch today.

Must say #2 I held back is looking like nothing was ever wrong
7099e80584d0385fd789c0bc3d61d726.jpg

#1 and the runt now almost have the flower box to themselves.

5c131814570f5b870a785dc8d82fcb7c.jpg

• Like 11
  • Fire! 1

Thanks everyone for that. Although the fan was about what I wanted to spend on a light. But to a much better outcome.

With the break in weather the last couple of days my flower box actually went down to 45% hum. Never seen that before

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1