Pants

Pants

7m is deeep woah, I would say you getting co2 build up there, to take the guessing out the game you can ask around you for someone with a co2 reader... 

I would say to know that conditions are optimal your best bet would be to get a tent with all the right equipment, that will certainly improve your conditions without doing any testing and playing around. 

Start off by letting your medium dry out between waterings. lifting the pot to feel if it needs water should be fine for you. we got 40L pots tucked away under a massive cannopy and scrognet behind other plants, and we still gotta lift our pots every now and then to test when to water. specially now with the rain and extra high RH and pots taking forever to dry out, for you to lift your pot should be no trouble at all. 

I agree with batista, look at the earlier pics of the white stones, even the ones that aren't covered in dirt are less white now. perhaps do a runoff test by testing what you put in, water till first runoff and read that. I would say ph and ppm, whatever those stones might be treated with could carry undesirable compounds. 

do you know the ph of the water you're giving? I know they say not to worry bout ph in organic grows, but my tap water sits pretty at 9.8ph and this has caused me problems in the past. 

now the light, to get the most out of it you gona have to provide reflective walls and because it's such a little light you gona have to bring those reflective walls right up to the side of the plants so you really get some penetration from the sides and bottom. preferebly from all sides. this brings me back to getting a tent.

• Like 1

My temps have been between 20 and just about 30 over most of the grow.

One thing is humidity which is quite high, usually around 60-80. Got a 30cm oscillating fan on the veg area.
05c3da06596da06c2670e06af304a486.jpg

They have been in Jamie’s orgasoilux and only getting rainwater with a pinch of calmag and drop of microbes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey bud. If one of those walls is an external wall you could try putting in a few air holes.
External wall should be a cavity wall so don't think it's only one brick thick. Builders should have duckting/air vents you can use.
You can also use 110mm plumbing pipe but be sure to stuff a ball of chicken wire in it to keep out the creepy crawlies.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for all the input.

The outside wall is double brick thick. Been thinking about adding a filter and proper extraction out into the garage. Perhaps close up the veg area as well. Here’s the current setup from a wider angle
bd54af8b2fd049398ea26abda1ea5ca2.jpg

f8fde225214d0a3cf303f1ca6cf94581.jpg
The bottom flower box gets closed for 12/12 while the top gets 18.

• Like 3

The outside wall is double brick thick. Been thinking about adding a filter and proper extraction out into the garage. Perhaps close up the veg area as well. Here’s the current setup from a wider angle

The bottom flower box gets closed for 12/12 while the top gets 18.
Those bricked up areas will be your week point to make a hole going by todays building standards. Unless you did it.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pants said:

The bottom flower box gets closed for 12/12 while the top gets 18

Fill up the whole space with plants bru. You have alot space. I wish I had more space even on my drive way I'd have plants

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fill up the whole space with plants bru. You have alot space. I wish I had more space even on my drive way I'd have plants

One day when I can afford enough lights

That extractor seems perfect. Pretty big I would assume. Max size?

Been planning to turn the space into a wine cellar as well. Perhaps a counter along the side and make a little kuierplek with the plants.

One year ago this was just dark mouldy and filled with crap.

Above ground view. It’s under the tiles. Match up the arches with the inside view
2d512bac69cd04939f32dddf235184e6.jpg

• Like 8

I’ve also got two fabric pots, 3 gals. Plan was to transplant but they never got big enough.

So thinking put #1&3 into the fabrics and pull #2 out of the comp. Give her time to recover and try and get proper growth.

This was the training plan, current white strawberry about to be chopped.
3e2a685f876cff16bb8947f00b784693.jpg

These pots seem to work as well

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Pants said:

One big outstanding thing is there is no electricity. So currently running everything off an extension from the garage. So can’t go too big yet

electrical isnt a huge mission... hit me up maybe i can help you out with some electrical work to hook your space up to the next level.

where are you based? jhb or not?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Did it. First time in a year I came out ahead on budget so splashed a bit. Now if only RAM gave a fucking kettle cord with their fan.

It looks n top of the grow box exhausting out into the garage.

Not sure it’s worth it potting up now

4002ec16d3c21d1ccce9f9b5ce2c0924.jpg
c7362402ece7ff69cefa7aa9492f1ac8.jpg

• Like 8

oh yeah, ahead of budget is always a good feeling! 🤠

nice one man! what size is it? 15cm looks like

you gona have to make sure the end of that duct is completely out of that room, I assume it's a 10m length? have it go out the room and around a bend, remember the co2 will travel upwards so ducting pushing co2 always perform better when going up and never down, especially if it's such a long way to go like you got there and every bend will decrease airflow so keep all these small things in mind. 

if the end of your duct is close to the end of the room you might have a problem with that air just coming back to your room. 

with tent guys we always gotta exhaust to another room or preferebly outside, because if that air goes in the room your tent is in it will just suck in the same air again and again and essentially same with your situation. 

but yeah, you heading the right direction brother 🤙 

Next on your shopping list is probably a tent? 

maybe some more material pots also

and then gona build a 10k worth LED setup for 4K from local aluminium and digikey imports.

😁

• Like 4

A side note, you can run the extraction fan in the garage where you have more power, I assume, and the long side toward the grow room, and the other out the garage.

Especially with such a distance, you want the fan in the middle for best performance. 

Added, you can also, if you need to, lay the pipe on the ground at the grow, this would help with the co2, which sinks, but not so much for the heat that will rise to the top...

But, the oscillating fans will churn the air up enough, both ways. 

Edited by The_StonedTrooper
Added
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1