Pants

Pants

15 hours ago, Pants said:

The pics look dark cause the spotlights have shitty drivers that shows up as black lines on photos, so turned them off for the photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My ACDC lights too... It makes taking veg pics tricky!! It is because they use an electro magnet to drive them... 

• Like 2

• CreX pinned this topic

O crap. On it. Been a quiet two weeks. Something during the transplant stunted them big time but finally some action the last couple of days.

Pics tomorrow morning first thing

• Like 1

So here are the ladies. Stil looking for a way to get better photos. Here they are at the disco and the best still photos I could get between the lines.

#1 is growing through the FIM. Nothing interesting developed yet.
ba63b927bdc07340fb135a5ded23e1d2.gif
9084fbb00bf8e6ca8438e51384b2e1fb.jpg

#2 just on her own, no training yet. Just took off damaged fan leaves. She definitely Took the hardest knock
b91a736745ddb89f43d0c01d2ced8893.gif
da4e0d52d35062b192aba1ca6d10fdeb.jpg

#3 always watch out for the runt. Lst seems the way to go.

cd4c90b8639c4e34dafec3278ff092c1.gif
f94e488d884b33300fdd2677d0b34f3b.jpg

• Like 6

• CreX unpinned this topic
  • 420SA pinned this topic

Damnit I keep missing these. Two reasons.

One: finally managed to get an app that can take better photos without the disco effect. Still blurry as I can’t keep my hand still, will set up the tripod asap.

Two: something is seriously stunting these girls. Little growth means little change so I keep forgetting to update.

Enough excuses, here’s the ladies. Been getting microbes, calmag and rainwater.

#1. Don’t think the FIM took. So just lst as the top grows out again.
7c16ea8fe5216985a93354b24a81581a.jpg

#2. She’s catching up to her sisters.
ed32ef24622320fec40bad0781db115b.jpg

#3. Strongest grower but tip burn? From orgasoilux and calmag?
5fe80df8323d418a11eaeae726254b14.jpg

• Like 3

• CreX unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, Pants said:

So I’ve come to the conclusion it the lights. Those are enough to keep them alive but no real growth.

Shopping soon then it seems

hey bud, 

I have to put in my :-2cents here

don't make any conclusions, look what my 50w flood light did for me.

the brand I used and still use is "light works" and it also makes use of low end diodes probably osram or some generic light company, so if my light was able to do that for me I struggle to believe it's solely your light that is to blame. 

research to find some grows done with similar lights, look at the setups and read about the conditions and way the plants where treated and all that

I believe the fact that I had an enclosed box with proper FAE to reduce plant stress and reflective walls to help the light and all these little small things, material pots for roots to breathe as the LED does not help to dry out the medium like HID, it all factored into the way the plants responded. 

I also would advise againt putting those white pebbles in the pot, you need the medium to dry out asap and trying to retain moisture should be last of our concerns this time of year. I am not sure about the following, but those pebbles might leach some minerals into your soil. If you have those white stones in your garden you'll see them change colour over time and they leave white paint or some kinda powder on the soil, that's bound to be not good for your plants. I used to sell plants at a nursery just coming out of school, we had to make new displays each week and we use whatever we have in the shop as to advertise what we have. so some would make veggie stands/gardens and almost every single time, the plants with the decorative stones would not grow well. 

if you wana decorate with stones, use something as close to natural and untreated that you can find. 

if you wana retain moisture in summer use a mulch like fine alfalfa with DE mixed in, any kinda fine hay will do. NOT wood bark cause they bring diseases and insect larvae.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

hey bud, 

I have to put in my :-2cents here

don't make any conclusions, look what my 50w flood light did for me.

the brand I used and still use is "light works" and it also makes use of low end diodes probably osram or some generic light company, so if my light was able to do that for me I struggle to believe it's solely your light that is to blame. 

research to find some grows done with similar lights, look at the setups and read about the conditions and way the plants where treated and all that

I believe the fact that I had an enclosed box with proper FAE to reduce plant stress and reflective walls to help the light and all these little small things, material pots for roots to breathe as the LED does not help to dry out the medium like HID, it all factored into the way the plants responded. 

I also would advise againt putting those white pebbles in the pot, you need the medium to dry out asap and trying to retain moisture should be last of our concerns this time of year. I am not sure about the following, but those pebbles might leach some minerals into your soil. If you have those white stones in your garden you'll see them change colour over time and they leave white paint or some kinda powder on the soil, that's bound to be not good for your plants. I used to sell plants at a nursery just coming out of school, we had to make new displays each week and we use whatever we have in the shop as to advertise what we have. so some would make veggie stands/gardens and almost every single time, the plants with the decorative stones would not grow well. 

if you wana decorate with stones, use something as close to natural and untreated that you can find. 

if you wana retain moisture in summer use a mulch like fine alfalfa with DE mixed in, any kinda fine hay will do. NOT wood bark cause they bring diseases and insect larvae.

I have to agree, do not think its light that the issue, as I've seen results with very little myself.

When I had more enthusiasm, I used to layer the top of each pot, 20mm or more, of perlite on the surface and that would take care of fungus gnats too and drying off from air or fans.

Your soil always looks wet to me, or do you only take a picture when you watered the plants?

• Like 2

Mmm. Interesting thoughts.

Yes I usually take photos after watering. Which at this point is still only about 250ml per week. And yes they take a while to dry out. Will remove the pebbles, they are white stones and not painted. Haven’t seen then leach anything, but that doesn’t mean a thing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pants said:

Mmm. Interesting thoughts.

Yes I usually take photos after watering. Which at this point is still only about 250ml per week. And yes they take a while to dry out. Will remove the pebbles, they are white stones and not painted. Haven’t seen then leach anything, but that doesn’t mean a thing.

Plants are taking far too long to dry out in that size pot, for that size plant.

Just me...

• Like 2

My temps have been between 20 and just about 30 over most of the grow.

One thing is humidity which is quite high, usually around 60-80. Got a 30cm oscillating fan on the veg area.
05c3da06596da06c2670e06af304a486.jpg

They have been in Jamie’s orgasoilux and only getting rainwater with a pinch of calmag and drop of microbes.

• Like 2

I think the RH is so high, you not getting so much transpiration through the leaves that would need that much water in a plastic pot, that doesn't breath at the bottom, sides and now the top with the stones. 

Willing to bet you have small wet spot in the middle of the soil, that will get stinky or swampy soon. 

I say what I think, and could always be challenged or would enjoy it too.

• Like 3

wait, @Pants bud you got that grow area that's like a closed off corridor vibe? a dead end hallway? am I correct? if so how deep is that thing? 

I have to say the high RH, low air circulation is a bad mix. If it's a long/deep room, more than 2m deep you will have to make like us tent growers and exhaust that air back there. the wind that blows by or that one oscilating fan will not do the job and air will become stagnant and CO2 will build up to undesirable levels and basically choke your plants. suffocating them by the leaves aswell as suffocating them by the roots will have them standing still

before looking into a new light. concider some material pots. perfect for soil growers like us. even more perfect for people with high RH.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/24/2021 at 8:40 PM, Pants said:

finally managed to get an app that can take better photos without the disco effect

This is probably because your phones app was on Auto WB or Light Sensor, and changing between florescent and daylight, as your LED are probably multi spectrum. 

Change it in the camera will fix it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

wait, @Pants bud you got that grow area that's like a closed off corridor vibe? a dead end hallway? am I correct? if so how deep is that thing? 

I have to say the high RH, low air circulation is a bad mix. If it's a long/deep room, more than 2m deep you will have to make like us tent growers and exhaust that air back there. the wind that blows by or that one oscilating fan will not do the job and air will become stagnant and CO2 will build up to undesirable levels and basically choke your plants. suffocating them by the leaves aswell as suffocating them by the roots will have them standing still

before looking into a new light. concider some material pots. perfect for soil growers like us. even more perfect for people with high RH.

Thank you for saying this, and I fully agree

Edited by The_StonedTrooper
Typo
  • Like 2

Got one of those massive metal floor fans blowing air out with the office fan on the plants.

It is an area about 1.8 x 7m with the grow right at the back. Will post a pic tomorrow. Been racking my brain trying to do d a solution for the hum that won’t cost me an a and a leg

• Like 2