ORGANinc. (OUT)

ORGANinc.

Obviously disaster strikes when you want everything to go smoothly, today while installing the heater, I managed to knock over all the pots as they were balancing (sound idiotic saying it) on an upside down pot with saucer above to elevate them. Managed to find seeds luckily. They are going into a warm wet wrap for now. Holding back till I can put together their final home which has to be tomorrow. 

Until then... 👍🏻

• Like 2

Just now, CreX said:

eish! i hate it when that happens!! have they sprouted yet?

I have not seen as yet, but they have been in the babies room next to the panel heater since yesterday (they were still intact). Will update this afternoon. I sneak-out pretty early and the misses would kill me if I wake him up. lol 

Okie dokes...

Ill try give as much information as possible about this grow i've planned. 

First off, ill be planting straight into my final pot, all three seeds will be planted into a mix of mediums. Plant training will be required throughout the grow, but carefully enough not to hurt any of the babies and also give them enough space as they grow, it would be easier to scrog this event but I do not suspect there will be available time for such. My plan is to secure 4 main branches off each plant, and grow them UP and away from the center of the pot. I've seen tortoni's to branch out like crazy, so we will see how effective my plan is, regardless 4 branches just of center, cleaned up from the bottom to the top.

The soil - 30 Gal pot (sitting on a diy plastic pallet) This soil has been through quite the amendment process, it should lack nitrogen as I have not added a single dry/shredded source of heavy nitrogen input since wayyyyyy back when I first put the soil together. So I will be adding fish hydrolysate at 0.5ml per/l and working up to 1ml per/L if possible. The center fills are a dilution 1:4  ratio of the soil itself; perlite; coco; ewc

IMG_0212.thumb.jpg.bec2d4273aa65c1817a324f4920eabb9.jpg

The Light & Standard Ventilation  - The trusty Liontree LED supernova 320, this LED has done me very well since I've had it. So I thought it would get the job done. 

IMG_0209.thumb.jpg.1a942383360935a282bd9e135c63d385.jpg

The Watering - Using the Blumat automated watering system with 1m of blu-soak hose. They work incredibly well and If anybody is looking into automation, I would definitely suggest this solution, if the number of plants you are growing allows for it, Marijuana SA are the only guys I've seen that will sell you individual components, so you done have to fork out excessively and get the job done. 

623043908_IMG_0194(1).thumb.jpg.226734260b27eff8cdce94a033a3dec8.jpg

The Feeding - I will strictly be using the following products below. (full organic)

Microbes - (biodyne) (mycorrhizal inoculants) 

Blackstrap molasses (2 different types, one is high in potassium/other high in calcium) (will feed on observation)

Fish hydrolysate (bi - weekly 0.5ml p/l for veg)

EPIC 5:2 (Ill be doing a bi - weekly foliar until week 2 of flower) (weekly drench until week 7 of flower)

Mulching - Alfalfa mulch

Fulvic extract - 5ml per 5l (weekly from week 8 flower till end)

Kelpak - Quarter dose during hormonal shifts. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Its waiting time I guess.

• Like 9

Just now, Adansonia digitata said:

Why have your wrapped that pot up. Like that?

For more reduced space in the medium. All depends on how you grow obviously, fabric pots being breathable allow for too much oxidation. Living soils do better when they are bordering drenched.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ORGANinc. said:

For more reduced space in the medium. All depends on how you grow obviously, fabric pots being breathable allow for too much oxidation. Living soils do better when they are bordering drenched.

Okay, thanks for your reply. Wouldn't it make your fabric pot behave like a regular plastic pot? 

Please excuse my ignorance, I know very little about organic media in pots. 

1 minute ago, Adansonia digitata said:

Okay, thanks for your reply. Wouldn't it make your fabric pot behave like a regular plastic pot? 

Please excuse my ignorance, I know very little about organic media in pots. 

Yes always the same questions people ask all the time, and makes all the sense in the world to think like that. Commercial facilities in America are having the same problem with their beds, the outsides of the fabric beds are oxidizing and eventually becoming hydrophobic. So companies have started lining their fabric pots/beds with a plastic in-lay that protects the sides of the pots from oxidation, So its always viewed as 100% aeration or 0%, when actually maybe a little bit here and there. Ill probably take it off as soon as I get a proper mulch layer applied, then put it back on when the plants start drinking. 

• Confused 2

And we on to week 3.

looks like we coming in hot, am thinking the soil is to blame, but not too much stressing from what I see... some yellowing around the edges. They have just been getting water for now. Might feed some fish tomorrow in a sprayer around the base and interior surface. But probably not. Probably wait till week 4. 

Humidity has been down at 45% because of the heater so I’m spraying them with plain water. 

Will install the blumat next week too. 

45A31922-7276-4FAD-8AE0-C21AB8A75C10.jpeg

62EC6989-4079-4C90-81E2-B19CCFE61E30.jpeg

C8A1906E-8DC6-43B8-9C4E-69CACCDABF4B.jpeg

ED5BE535-8CC1-4F65-A14C-2FEADBBE3B2C.jpeg

EDCF08FE-056D-46B5-A12E-9BDAFA4F4F6D.jpeg

39D02383-38B6-4B83-BD38-4B43E9BCD0F5.jpeg

Edited by ORGANinc.
  • Like 8

• 420SA changed the title to ORGANinc. (OUT)