Skunkpharm

SkunkPharm

3 hours ago, CreX said:

this is straight fire man!! my plants are still weeks behind!!

You know the buds are not that big but nice and frosty. I think this one will probably be able to go 11~12 weeks before it’s ready for my taste. And I hope she fattens up quite a bit. But I doubt it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SkunkPharm said:

You know the buds are not that big but nice and frosty. I think this one will probably be able to go 11~12 weeks before it’s ready for my taste. And I hope she fattens up quite a bit. But I doubt it.

Very much agree with you, they do not really go into fattening up. When I compare with the Pineapple Express I finish for Christ sake, none of the plants made it into the mother tent due to not enough Pineapple taste.. but the buds are 1/3 bigger as the Tortoni. Pineapple is fading hard now, putting it dark today. Tortoni still 2 weeks out. Don't think the buds will get much bigger.. but, I might be wrong... I just hope ^^

191547758_Comparebudsize.thumb.jpg.2958fce7eeb2ef58b8307fb9d4312d6b.jpg

• Fire! 1

Very much agree with you, they do not really go into fattening up. When I compare with the Pineapple Express I finish for Christ sake, none of the plants made it into the mother tent due to not enough Pineapple taste.. but the buds are 1/3 bigger as the Tortoni. Pineapple is fading hard now, putting it dark today. Tortoni still 2 weeks out. Don't think the buds will get much bigger.. but, I might be wrong... I just hope ^^
191547758_Comparebudsize.thumb.jpg.2958fce7eeb2ef58b8307fb9d4312d6b.jpg

I’m still learning the art of growing. From what I’ve learned so far, I would say maybe that bud in your hand is ‘Foxtailing’. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing. I’m just trying to hone my observational skills.
If I’m wrong, then is this how buds fatten up?

12 minutes ago, Dookie69 said:

I’m still learning the art of growing. From what I’ve learned so far, I would say maybe that bud in your hand is ‘Foxtailing’. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing. I’m just trying to hone my observational skills.
If I’m wrong, then is this how buds fatten up?

Na, foxtailing has stretch involved. The Pinis are rock solid buds, main colas are all about 20-25cm long, I check to make a picture of those plants tomorrow, I took the main as clone of each (dumped in the mean time), they are just topped, so very little work in those plants. They just don't stop putting mass to their flowers. I have the impression, the Tortoni stands a bit still the last week(s). Fattening up I call a grow behavior. Buds have no upside down V shape anymore, they go more "crown" or 'Hedgehog', the single flowers grow out of the general shape by size. 

3 hours ago, CreX said:

beautiful man!! truly magic bro!! just a pity about them thrips, but they dont seem to have slowed you down in the least!!🤩

Ja the evidence are on the leaves. I eventually got the nematodes and applied it last week. I can already see an improvement. Will keep updating on those.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ja the evidence are on the leaves. I eventually got the nematodes and applied it last week. I can already see an improvement. Will keep updating on those.
So you're hoping to the kill larvae in the soil with the nematodes and let the adults die off naturally, to avoid spraying and killing the thrips via a spray as you're in flower?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

So you're hoping to the kill larvae in the soil with the nematodes and let the adults die off naturally, to avoid spraying and killing the thrips via a spray as you're in flower?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

That is the thought. But I also put up loads of sticky traps to catch the adults. I think i had 8 fly catchers in their at some stage. I will do a propper clean out next week. Just before the next grow bed goes in the tent.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, SkunkPharm said:

Shot. 
congratulations on your win @mantisI think I will sit out the next one if it’s fem seeds. Having to many Herm issues. And need to grow out some of my own genetics. (I have been pollin chucking.

Hermies? Eish, not ideal.

It happens, but not something I come across all that often and I personally much prefer fems over regulars.

You got almost a year at least until the next one though 😄