Skunkpharm

SkunkPharm

9 hours ago, Twix Aphen said:

That is called a whorled phylotaxy. I think that how you spell it. 

Can't be can it? 

Whorled Phylotaxy plants start showing the trait immediately, I think this plant is just a very v well done top, the "3rd" leave/branch only seems to be a damaged leaf, not a 3rd branch.. 

24 minutes ago, iGrowDagga said:

Can't be can it? 

Whorled Phylotaxy plants start showing the trait immediately, I think this plant is just a very v well done top, the "3rd" leave/branch only seems to be a damaged leaf, not a 3rd branch.. 

Quite right. This may be a mutation of sort, but more than likely damage of some sort to the growing tip. 

Whorled phylotaxy is a genetic mutation and is present in the embryo already, and will develop the whorl from the cotyledon leaves onwards. 

Edited by Totemic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I only topped the plant above the node. it did not self top. But never the less it is an interesting plant. 4 branches coming out of the 2nd node and 3 branches out of the 3rd node. I topped it as soon as I could see the new growth. Sprayed with some Kelpak this morning

P1011088.JPG

P1011087.JPG

P1011086.JPG

P1011093.JPG

Edited by SkunkPharm
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, iGrowDagga said:

Can't be can it? 

Whorled Phylotaxy plants start showing the trait immediately

Hello iGD. like you said, sometimes they start off with 3 cotyledons, but it does also happen while the plant grows. Single branches can show differing phyllotaxy and it can also grow out and the branches revert back to normal growth again. 

8 hours ago, Totemic said:

Whorled phylotaxy is a genetic mutation

Hey Totemic, I didn't mean it as a diss against you, that's just my observation. I've got some of your fems growing too and I am enjoying watching this competition. 

I have seen it before with polyhybrid plants. Sometimes they self top and stay like dwarves, or they can stack up and produce better than average. 

Maybe there's an environmental trigger like the cold weather, or the hormones in kelpak that set it off?

4 hours ago, SkunkPharm said:

I only topped the plant above the node. it did not self top. But never the less it is an interesting plant.

They are all looking really good, so far. I wonder what effect topping her will have. Any predictions?