ExoticCannabis2021

Week 13 - Day86 (01/08/2021)

HORTIMIX-DWC

• Reservoir change. EC at 1.3 PH at 5.7
  • Added silica plus and enviroc
  • She got a serious defoliation yesterday and a spray down with 3% H202. 
  • Today sprayed with Efekto 
  • Shes looking like shes the right size to be flipped now - so going to flip her in 3-4 weeks. The next 3-4 weeks will focus on adding a few more bud sites and a strict H202 and Efekto foilage spray to ensure that pests and powdery mildew are all gone before the flip

Pics to follow

• Like 1

Unfortunately I've had to go to another province for two weeks and leave my plants. I've left instructions on how to water them for my girlfriend. And I really hope she doesn't mess anything up and my plants survive. I'm trying to get her to send me pics to that I can update my grow diary. So if I get them, I will update, otherwise my next update will be on Wed 19th Aug when I'll be back to tend to them myself

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...

Week 16 - Day108 (023/08/2021)

HORTIMIX-DWC

• Got back a little later than expected
  • This is the current state of my lady
  • Since i've been gone - I've had my girlfriend do a Once a week res change. Once a week Efekto spray. Once a week H202 spray.
  • Theres some burn on the leaves from H2O2 and theres also some mildew on the inner leaves
  • Ive installed an extractor fan in this tent now, to help with air exchanges, and help with the mildew issues 
  • Today she's getting a reservoir change, a defoliation, and a H2O2 spray.
  • I want to switch to flower by the end of this week

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-23 at 10.34.02 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-23 at 10.34.02 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-23 at 10.34.02.jpeg

• Like 6

Is it me or is she loosing her greenness?
I used Hortimix and noticed this loss even when the ec is on Point. Is your Ph always been around 5.8?

My remedy was to buy new hortimix because mine was from last years grow lol

Edit: Post #126 Shows her at top health and you were running 0.9ec? Might be too strong. Is anyone else running a Tortoni in dwc?

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is it me or is she loosing her greenness?
I used Hortimix and noticed this loss even when the ec is on Point. Is your Ph always been around 5.8?

My remedy was to buy new hortimix because mine was from last years grow lol

Edit: Post #126 Shows her at top health and you were running 0.9ec? Might be too strong. Is anyone else running a Tortoni in dwc?

I did notice this, but she's had WPM and I gave her a decently strong H202 with a wetting agent spray and a strong Defoliation. She's been slow to put on foliage in comparison to previous Defoliation's aswell. I've put it down to just a slower recovery and her being over stressed from the treatment for now. But my hortimix is also a year old cos I just get a couple packs at a time. So I think for the next res change I'm gonna get a new batch and see. My ph was the same this time around, but I haven't been monitoring closely until these last 2 weeks, ill be watching that aswell. Thanks for letting me know about your experiences with Hortimix. It's definitely something I now need to watch out for

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
She looks bushy, how's the wpm, all gone? I would do a small defoliation on Her. I know ppl recommended not to do that past week 3, maybe the other guys can chip in here.

I was going to ask this. But wanted to do some research first. Everyone swears by having the last Defoliation at the end of week 3. There's been a few brave souls thats defoliated in week 5 and 6 and says it made all the difference. But im not sure. The WPM is completely gone, but the leaves are definitely blocking plenty of budsites and I'm itching to trim them to maximize the light penetration in hope of more fat buds

• Like 1

Always a good topic , I focus on the top 20-30cm of my canopy any buds in that area gets light as much as can so I take of some fan leaves . For me most buds under that turns out to small or large . But I do make sure that I leave as much fan leaves as possible below that , they are like sunpanels for the plant. Week 6 would be to far in the development to then only give the small ones below light ? I use take take alot of when I started because of Google but growers more experienced than me guided me and now I take as less as possible but where needed.
That's the part I mostly like of growing this part , the learning curve that takes a few months

Sent from my Hisense Infinity H50 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Always a good topic , I focus on the top 20-30cm of my canopy any buds in that area gets light as much as can so I take of some fan leaves . For me most buds under that turns out to small or large . But I do make sure that I leave as much fan leaves as possible below that , they are like sunpanels for the plant. Week 6 would be to far in the development to then only give the small ones below light ? I use take take alot of when I started because of Google but growers more experienced than me guided me and now I take as less as possible but where needed.
That's the part I mostly like of growing this part , the learning curve that takes a few months

Sent from my Hisense Infinity H50 using Tapatalk

Def don't want to take anything of in week 6. Was just saying that a poster had said they had done that without any issues. Think I'm going to go ahead and remove some leaves today. Let's see how she responds

Defoiling is a bit depending on the plants growth characteristics. At one stage you want to help the plant or simply have to do it.

Autos are easy. If you want a good harvest, touch em as little as possible. Folding the leafs away and not cutting it off.

If you run into PM, removing the infected leaves just helps and reduces the time needed to clean up.

Otherwise, i lolipop for the increased air flow to prevent PM and other issues. But avoid it when my climate is spot on. 

Some strains are so bushy, it even helps the plant to increase air flow, can even say you need to defoil. Others need every leaf they have and cutting off just hurts the plants gas exchange capacity.

Before defoiling, i suggest to use your head a bit more if you really need and what are the benefits. Plants transport nutrition, depending where they need it. A bud in shade will still grow, if the rest of the plant gets the energy for photosyntesis. 

The main goal is always to remove as little as possible.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Prom said:

Defoiling is a bit depending on the plants growth characteristics. At one stage you want to help the plant or simply have to do it.

Autos are easy. If you want a good harvest, touch em as little as possible. Folding the leafs away and not cutting it off.

If you run into PM, removing the infected leaves just helps and reduces the time needed to clean up.

Otherwise, i lolipop for the increased air flow to prevent PM and other issues. But avoid it when my climate is spot on. 

Some strains are so bushy, it even helps the plant to increase air flow, can even say you need to defoil. Others need every leaf they have and cutting off just hurts the plants gas exchange capacity.

Before defoiling, i suggest to use your head a bit more if you really need and what are the benefits. Plants transport nutrition, depending where they need it. A bud in shade will still grow, if the rest of the plant gets the energy for photosyntesis. 

The main goal is always to remove as little as possible.

😅and the plot thickens. Always happy to hear what you guys think. Im half in, half out at this point. Doing some more reading on `gas exchange capacity` - never heard that one before

• 420SA pinned this topic