Prom

Prom

As they only get water till cut on Friday.. and I have a busy weekend coming.. I put the grow summary here. You don't have to read all the posts to get my feeding regime figured out. There is no rocket science to be found here ^^ sorry. 

The tent climate is were it should be ^^

955754444_DSC_1227(2).thumb.JPG.398a6b86b900a1f9a44de676d4b4bd8b.JPG

I played with the Gelato strain before.. even mine is a Orange Sherbet, not a Sunset Sherbet. So I knew that they are normal feeders and don't like to get pushed to hard.

Is why I never put 4ml Bloom in per liter. Keep it friendly but every feeding is dinner time. You still need to look at your leaves every time you check your plants. You can spot stress before they get stressed. The faster you react, the happier you keep your plant(s).

Dropped the seeds in filtered water (charcoal / UV light) with 27 degrees C for exactly 12 hours. Removed and plated between two dinner plates and moist kitchen paper towels.

Once they popped they went right into Freedom Farm Premium Classic soil with a 2ml BioBizz Root Juice (they suggest 4ml, 2 works same) flush of the soil. Only time I use Root Juice, so a bottle last forever ^^ As the FF Green Bag isn't cold in regards to fertilizer, I do not add Fish-Mix at the start like BioBizz Table suggests you have to do. If you use a neutral medium, start with 1ml Fish-Mix right away and the Amino Boost 2ml per 10 liter. Used a syringe to feed. Always lift the pot to check if they actually need it.

Then comes the rather easy part.. feeding till flip is the same. Anything Bold changed or gets added fresh.

First 5 finger out i stop pure rain water.

1ml Fish-Mix or Grow (swapping each feeding) per liter and 2ml Amino Boost per 10 Liter. You wet a 10 liter pot with FF Green bag soil more or less perfect with one liter... 3 liter pot.. 300ml.. i don't work with run off.

I always watch the tips of the leaves to see if they get to much. I see the slightest dis-color coming up, they get twice just plain rain water, then back to normal.

The swap with Fish Mix and Grow I don't do because of the plants, I add the 25% molasses sugar to the soil for the microbes to have their own sugar rush ^^ BioBizz Grow = 75% Fish Mix + 25% Molasses. Ergo.. you buy Fish Mix and some molasses... you can mix your own Grow. 😁 I am to lazy.. i buy it in 5l containers... except the Top Max.

The moment I flip, I also give the first shot of Bloom.. and I like to flip when they are dry and need feeding anyhow.

1ml Grow (more sugar ^^) 2ml Bloom per liter and 3ml Amino Boost per 10 Liter on Flip

I keep the BioBizz Grow till I see they are Pre Flower, then I start to swap with Fish Mix again, but keep it at 1ml all the time. If you have more hungry strains, go 2ml from week 3 or week 4. Just watch those tips of your leaves and use plain rain water when needed.

My rule of thumb is that I increase the Bloom as soon as I go for the Silica addon. Buds are now clear formed and size of the tip of your small finger.

1 ml (Fish Mix or Grow swapping each feeding) 3 ml Bloom and 1 ml Top Max per Liter plus 3ml Amino Boost per 10 Liter.

2 Weeks in I raise the Top Max

1 ml (Fish Mix or Grow) 3 ml Bloom and 2 ml Top Max per Liter plus 3ml Amino Boost per 10 Liter.

And do the same 2 weeks later again plus go max dosage on the micro nutes 

1 ml (Fish Mix or Grow) 3 ml Bloom and 3 ml Top Max per Liter plus 4ml Amino Boost per 10 Liter. (If they are hungry strains, 4ml Bloom at this point)

2-3 weeks before planned harvest the last increase in Silica and stick to the sugary Nitrogen

1 ml Grow 3 ml Bloom and 4 ml Top Max per Liter plus 4ml Amino Boost per 10 Liter.

Last week I flush... sometimes the plants have other ideas and you adapt hehehe is no exact science.

Autos I work with a clear defined feeding table and follow that table more or less blind.. you never get around watching your leaves to see what the plant is telling you.

I only give rain water when the plants might run into a issue, otherwise they always get fertilizer in each watering.

Welcome to my mess ^^ I used the Bio Heaven Bottle for the Amino Boost, the original bottle is super messy to open after shaking and to close up it always makes a little spill. 

Fertilizers.thumb.jpg.5ff56814e80ce99ea344c6de9b0a2d67.jpg

And the only Pesticide I used... or PM would have given me a really hard time. Stuff works and customs have zero issues if you want to import. Tried to import a Swiss product.. couldn't even ship it. South African customs would reject the import, i got informed by DHL. Not sure why hehehe used in Swiss hospitals and laboratories to clean up. Wanted to use it to wash out my tents, used it in Switzerland before, good stuff, no smell. Sanosil the product name.. bummer..

Serenade works great.. you can spray that before harvest even... better if you do not have to 😛 but after 2 weeks the bacteria are decayed. Never ever spray it on dry buds.. never ever!!!! Moldy buds go to the compost heap... just accept your fail and don't inhale that stuff into your lungs.

Pestizide.thumb.jpg.7f9879d85ecba179248d57064cb347d8.jpg

All I do.. no rocket science here, sorry dudes 😁

Edited by Prom
typo, added when i start feeding
  • Like 6
  • Fire! 2

1 hour ago, Prom said:

As they only get water till cut on Friday.. and I have a busy weekend coming.. I put the grow summary here. You don't have to read all the posts to get my feeding regime figured out. There is no rocket science to be found here ^^ sorry. 

The tent climate is were it should be ^^

955754444_DSC_1227(2).thumb.JPG.398a6b86b900a1f9a44de676d4b4bd8b.JPG

I played with the Gelato strain before.. even mine is a Orange Sherbet, not a Sunset Sherbet. So I knew that they are normal feeders and don't like to get pushed to hard.

Is why I never put 4ml Bloom in per liter. Keep it friendly but every feeding is dinner time. You still need to look at your leaves every time you check your plants. You can spot stress before they get stressed. The faster you react, the happier you keep your plant(s).

Dropped the seeds in filtered water (charcoal / UV light) with 27 degrees C for exactly 12 hours. Removed and plated between two dinner plates and moist kitchen paper towels.

Once they popped they went right into Freedom Farm Premium Classic soil with a 2ml BioBizz Root Juice (they suggest 4ml, 2 works same) flush of the soil. Only time I use Root Juice, so a bottle last forever ^^ As the FF Green Bag isn't cold in regards to fertilizer, I do not add Fish-Mix at the start like BioBizz Table suggests you have to do. If you use a neutral medium, start with 1ml Fish-Mix right away and the Amino Boost 2ml per 10 liter. Used a syringe to feed. Always lift the pot to check if they actually need it.

Then comes the rather easy part.. feeding till flip is the same. Anything Bold changed or gets added fresh

1ml Fish-Mix or Grow (swapping each feeding) per liter and 2ml Amino Boost per 10 Liter. You wet a 10 liter pot with FF Green bag soil more or less perfect with one liter... 3 liter pot.. 300ml.. i don't work with run off.

I always watch the tips of the leaves to see if they get to much. I see the slightest dis-color coming up, they get twice just plain rain water, then back to normal.

The swap with Fish Mix and Grow I don't do because of the plants, I add the 25% molasses sugar to the soil for the microbes to have their own sugar rush ^^

The moment I flip, I also give the first shot of Bloom.. and I like to flip when they are dry and need feeding anyhow.

1ml Grow (more sugar ^^) 2ml Bloom per liter and 3ml Amino Boost per 10 Liter on Flip

I keep the BioBizz Grow till I see they are Pre Flower, then I start to swap with Fish Mix again, but keep it at 1ml all the time. If you have more hungry strains, go 2ml from week 3 or week 4. Just watch those tips of your leaves and use plain rain water when needed.

My rule of thumb is that I increase the Bloom as soon as I go for the Silica addon. Buds are now clear formed and size of the tip of your small finger.

1 ml (Fish Mix or Grow swapping each feeding) 3 ml Bloom and 1 ml Top Max per Liter plus 3ml Amino Boost per 10 Liter.

2 Weeks in I raise the Top Max

1 ml (Fish Mix or Grow) 3 ml Bloom and 2 ml Top Max per Liter plus 3ml Amino Boost per 10 Liter.

And do the same 2 weeks later again plus go max dosage on the micro nutes 

1 ml (Fish Mix or Grow) 3 ml Bloom and 3 ml Top Max per Liter plus 4ml Amino Boost per 10 Liter. (If they are hungry strains, 4ml Bloom at this point)

2-3 weeks before planned harvest the last increase in Silica and stick to the sugary Nitrogen

1 ml Grow 3 ml Bloom and 4 ml Top Max per Liter plus 4ml Amino Boost per 10 Liter.

Last week I flush... sometimes the plants have other ideas and you adapt hehehe is no exact science.

Autos I work with a clear defined feeding table and follow that table more or less blind.. you never get around watching your leaves to see what the plant is telling you.

I only give rain water when the plants might run into a issue, otherwise they always get fertilizer in each watering.

Welcome to my mess ^^ I used the Bio Heaven Bottle for the Amino Boost, the original bottle is super messy to open after shaking and to close up it always makes a little spill. 

Fertilizers.thumb.jpg.5ff56814e80ce99ea344c6de9b0a2d67.jpg

And the only Pesticide I used... or PM would have given me a really hard time. Stuff works and customs have zero issues if you want to import. Tried to import a Swiss product.. couldn't even ship it. South African customs would reject the import, i got informed by DHL. Not sure why hehehe used in Swiss hospitals and laboratories to clean up. Wanted to use it to wash out my tents, used it in Switzerland before, good stuff, no smell. Sanosil the product name.. bummer..

Serenade works great.. you can spray that before harvest even... better if you do not have to 😛 but after 2 weeks the bacteria are decayed. Never ever spray it on dry buds.. never ever!!!! Moldy buds go to the compost heap... just accept your fail and don't inhale that stuff into your lungs.

Pestizide.thumb.jpg.7f9879d85ecba179248d57064cb347d8.jpg

All I do.. no rocket science here, sorry dudes 😁

Thank you good sir. 

A lot of people can benefit from this information, me included.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, John Stonedwell said:

Thank you good sir. 

A lot of people can benefit from this information, me included.

If it helps one, was worth typing it. BioBizz is a working but rather expensive fertilizer range. If you replace Bio Heaven with Amino Boost, there shouldnt be any greater complains anymore.

I want to try slow releasing fertilizers soon. Youtube temptation is huge 😂

One of the points i like to point out... hardly any South African uses it... is the Quantum Flux Meter. Knowing your fertilizer is important. But when you combine both and fertilize according to the light intensity... you get better results on your buds. 

So, to bring it in consent. If you use the same fertilizer as i, same soil, led lights... and dont get to my results. The quantum flux just showed how important handling your light actually is. And worst, the pricy little tool you use just 3 to 5 times per grow run. But... it gets you to the next level. I still learn on that tool.. far from mastering it 😁

My goal is still to perfect the insulation of the grow flat and sort my climate for good. Is my biggest random factor left. Once that sorted, i hope i reach the next level.

There are so many guys in here knowing so much more about the plants. Very fun to stay and read. Is a bit the good part of the journey... never ending learning experience 😎 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Prom said:

Do you use this Serenade as a preventative measure or only as treatment?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Martin7318 said:

Do you use this Serenade as a preventative measure or only as treatment?

Both.. if I fear the weather, I spray a 50% dosage.. if I want to get rid of it, I spray daily for 3 days full dosage.

Haven't found a spot in SA where to buy it, I import from the US in general.. taking 2 liters at the same time to reduce shipping cost.. lasts for 2-3 years one order.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SkunkPharm said:

Ecobuz Disease Pro or broadband Are both Bacillus based eco pesticides and available in SA

I had a very bad ending using Ecobuz.. the PM situation was way worse after the spray. Tried that product 2 years ago and never tried it again.

1 hour ago, The Grass Baas said:

I checked Amazon and cannot find it. What I did find is a comment saying it was discontinued in 2018 or 2019 possibly and the products we find today would be expired 🤷‍♂️. I dunno. If anyone finds a place to import let me know please.

That got me rather unprepared ^^ I send a contact to Bayer and asked where to order Serenade ASO online.. or is there a SA reseller. I found online shops, but smallest container was 2.5 Gallons to order.. is just to much, would last more then 10 years 😂

Their SA listed resellers websites are as useless as you can be hehehe one even ends in a dead link on the fungicides. I post a link to order ASAP. My bottle is still 3/4 full.. so didn't check on availability, had no clue is discontinued 😂 was also a bit pissed off that I can only send a contact form on the African section, if I give them rights to SPAM my Email and Mobile number.. without clicking those, you can't send. That is rather lame.. so wrote to the German HQ to change that ASAP.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Live Canna said:

Nice training and good looking buds there!

Thanks.. did my first Mainlining after about 18 years 😁 a bit surprised myself how nice and even the mains turned out. Have one on Sisa, which is a bit lower, the other 7 made what I gently asked em to do 😎 

• Like 1

My Muse was over and helped me with the plant inspection. Had my cam out.. took some shots 😉 Post one, 7th I post the full lot and hopefully the THC tests. Plants hanging to dry.

Tarryn is 250g wet, Sisa 265g. The mainlined plant seems to win. Going with Sisa as final plant. Looks the neatest, harvests more, bigger buds,... wasn't hard to decide.

1644329961_DSC_13211024.thumb.jpg.4239fc2666e8941b2abb1875c94afa1f.jpg

• Like 7
  • Fire! 1

On 9/1/2021 at 5:21 PM, The Grass Baas said:

I am also curious. Where can you get serenade from in RSA? 

PS. Nice write up

On 9/2/2021 at 11:12 AM, Prom said:

That got me rather unprepared ^^ I send a contact to Bayer and asked where to order Serenade ASO online.. or is there a SA reseller. I found online shops, but smallest container was 2.5 Gallons to order.. is just to much, would last more then 10 years 😂

Their SA listed resellers websites are as useless as you can be hehehe one even ends in a dead link on the fungicides. I post a link to order ASAP. My bottle is still 3/4 full.. so didn't check on availability, had no clue is discontinued 😂 was also a bit pissed off that I can only send a contact form on the African section, if I give them rights to SPAM my Email and Mobile number.. without clicking those, you can't send. That is rather lame.. so wrote to the German HQ to change that ASAP.

hope all is well, 

Serenade is available to farmers not to public, I am connected to a company that distributes bulk. 

Smallest quantity I can hook up is 10L of Bayer Serenade ASO for R1750, it comes from a depot in Tzaneen so will take a couple days to get here. If a bunch of us jump in we can split costs and product. 

I would also recommend not getting too much of it as it contains live organisms. Cold storage will help it keep a little longer, but for nothing more than a couple years. I would say 3 years of improper storage it will start to depreciate in viability.

https://www.cropscience.bayer.africa/content/dam/bayer-crop-science/south-africa/bcs/product-labels/english/serenade_aso_label_eng.pdf

https://www.cropscience.bayer.africa/content/dam/bayer-crop-science/south-africa/bcs/product-msds/serenade_aso_msds.pdf

On the flip side, AQSF is the product we use in SA that has the same implications and target the same species of parasites. It covers a broader spectrum of indiginous organisms it will counter act, where as serenade covers more species indiginous to other parts of the world. This is why we have the one product here and the serenade is elsewhere. 

INTERESTING TIP and a good rule of thumb is to not consistantly use the same products in your IPM regime, even if you have NO bugs or pests it's always good to alternate between tried and tested products to cast an even borader net of protection and avoid the pests and diseases building up an immunity and becoming accustomed to the products you're using. 

so I would also recommend buying some Serenade. and probably taking 1L myself if we do grab the 10L  

so to fill the order we will need another R1575 for 9L

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

hope all is well, 

Serenade is available to farmers not to public, I am connected to a company that distributes bulk. 

Smallest quantity I can hook up is 10L of Bayer Serenade ASO for R1750, it comes from a depot in Tzaneen so will take a couple days to get here. If a bunch of us jump in we can split costs and product. 

I would also recommend not getting too much of it as it contains live organisms. Cold storage will help it keep a little longer, but for nothing more than a couple years. I would say 3 years of improper storage it will start to depreciate in viability.

https://www.cropscience.bayer.africa/content/dam/bayer-crop-science/south-africa/bcs/product-labels/english/serenade_aso_label_eng.pdf

https://www.cropscience.bayer.africa/content/dam/bayer-crop-science/south-africa/bcs/product-msds/serenade_aso_msds.pdf

On the flip side, AQSF is the product we use in SA that has the same implications and target the same species of parasites. It covers a broader spectrum of indiginous organisms it will counter act, where as serenade covers more species indiginous to other parts of the world. This is why we have the one product here and the serenade is elsewhere. 

INTERESTING TIP and a good rule of thumb is to not consistantly use the same products in your IPM regime, even if you have NO bugs or pests it's always good to alternate between tried and tested products to cast an even borader net of protection and avoid the pests and diseases building up an immunity and becoming accustomed to the products you're using. 

so I would also recommend buying some Serenade. and probably taking 1L myself if we do grab the 10L  

so to fill the order we will need another R1575 for 9L

I take easy 2 liters on spare. Keeping the product 2 years is no issue, mine is that old.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Prom said:

My Muse was over and helped me with the plant inspection. Had my cam out.. took some shots 😉 Post one, 7th I post the full lot and hopefully the THC tests. Plants hanging to dry.

Tarryn is 250g wet, Sisa 265g. The mainlined plant seems to win. Going with Sisa as final plant. Looks the neatest, harvests more, bigger buds,... wasn't hard to decide.

1644329961_DSC_13211024.thumb.jpg.4239fc2666e8941b2abb1875c94afa1f.jpg

Sisa my girl..!! You beauty..😁👌🌱

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

cool, so we got 3L gone, leaves 7L up for grabs for R1225.

I will definitely take atleast 2L. Thanks for the interresting info. I have been using one method which has been working very well but having something that is usable in flowering is a major benefit. 

I am assuming it is probably not advisable to use serenade everytime you flower but rather incase of late emergencies in flowering and as IPM. Another tool on the belt.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The Grass Baas said:

I will definitely take atleast 2L. Thanks for the interresting info. I have been using one method which has been working very well but having something that is usable in flowering is a major benefit. 

I am assuming it is probably not advisable to use serenade everytime you flower but rather incase of late emergencies in flowering and as IPM. Another tool on the belt.

During Veg i use Copper Soap ^^ and only unpack the Serenade during flower.

• Like 3