Prom

Prom

14 minutes ago, Stinger96 said:

I just have to ask.. Your roots are exposed.. Does this not stress the plant?

Those roots are hard wood roots.. nope, haven't noticed that I stress them with a bit exposure. I raised the fabric pots, to have air below. Roots should have taken the pot over by now. So the full 22L area should be grown in. Went from 3 Liter to 10 Liter to 22 and always could stand without pot. I admit, next time I would start with a smaller pot then the 3L and repot once more.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, S33dFr33k said:

is this how growers get the plant to grow around a rock or stump for those decorative grows?

I just suck at repotting ^^ you have to ask @Pants that question: how did you got that plant on top of a stone? ^^ I have zero clue how he did it 😂

I just suck at repotting ^^ you have to ask @Pants that question: how did you got that plant on top of a stone? ^^ I have zero clue how he did it 

Very carefully.

Bare rooted the seedling at about 3 weeks and planted on the 🪨 , covered with soil in a pot and started praying

b7d0f453e499f0683e4c20f810bb6529.jpg

She recovered and about a month later I planted into the bonsai pot amd slowly started clearing the soil away, week by week. Also kept the roots wrapped with a cloth till they hardened off.
72360dc9dafd3d3f5892aec601a5de4a.jpg

f09dfdb8805e1754ef63d554953bb2b5.jpg

From my, very limited, experience, exposed surface roots will harden up and not really hold the plant back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 9

@prom its a simple Bonsai technique and there are a bunch of ways to do it.

most common is very early in the bonsais life, having a rock under the rots must be the plan from the get go.

once your bonsai cutting has rooted, you choose a rock and you place your cutting ontop of the rock and cover it all with soil.

then the roots grow over the rock and down into the meduim below. and then once a month or whatever, you wash a mm or 2 off the roots that have grown over the rock, and eventually you will have washed the medium off the rock , exposing the roots all draped over the rock you chose.

depending on the type of plant, it could take quite a long time to accomplish. but it sure is visually worth it

• Like 6

Day 2 of Week 10 Update

They got 1 liter 1/3/2/4 (Grow/Bloom/Top Max/Bio Heaven, still from the same bucket)

1791583670_Plants11July0930.thumb.jpg.4a48abf571f8fca4f435ba147689b412.jpg

Plus I had Upload issues yesterday.. or thought I have, just took a bit. Video Flower till 10 July.. I cut the 12 hours dark time out, so the jumps you see are those cuts.

I will also not use the work tent for time laps videos again, just to often you bump the cams, what isn't helping. If I ever do that stunt again, I run it in a separate tent, like I did with the Royal Gorilla's. I had to run the video over 2 projects o speed them up enough. Running 6 times as fast as usual.

• Like 7
  • Wow 1
  • Fire! 1

OK, sorry for the delay.. but RL got a bit hectic. Most sorted so I post the pics I managed to make.

Day 3 of Week 10

They got 1 Liter of feeding 1/3/2/4

2063057442_Plants12July0800Tarryn.thumb.jpg.3917b4685d21a47e2c133937182bb914.jpg

2076781100_Plants12July0800Sisa.thumb.jpg.4afaa6df3781733a53e4fdb34cceb5da.jpg

Day 4 of Week 10

Got nothing

1363139314_Plants13July0800.thumb.jpg.ed25ce4915fec79c204f3d7c437b6fa8.jpg

Day 5 of Week 10

Got 1 Liter of 1/3/3/5 (Fish-Mix/Bloom/Top Max/Bio Heaven)

317429768_Plants14July0800.thumb.jpg.44ddb4ddb7d3f786784b3456843553d6.jpg

I didn't manage today to get the picture done.. so Day 6 of Week 10 will be missing.

• Like 7

On 7/12/2021 at 2:06 PM, Batista said:

Looking good man. You mentioned you only give them 1 litre each when you feed? How big are those pots?I would def look into giving more per plant.

I water depending how heavy the pot is.. using custom made 22L from PlantMatter

• Like 1