Clawed leaves

Stefan

Hi all, some of my plants are displaying clawed leaves but literally only on the canopy. Not sure whether it’s nitrogen toxicity, wind burn or overwatering and would like to someone help identify it.

I have been watering every day but by the next day the pot seems to be dry enough to water again. Don’t really want to not water and have the soil dry up completely. 

my temps do reach 29-30* but not longer than 1-2 hours a day. 

1B9533CA-3162-4CF0-8BDE-DB55244945A5.jpeg

A3936C78-2948-4E08-A98A-A95C54DBB86F.jpeg

EB04D6C0-76D0-414B-A774-0793C3EB6438.jpeg

• Like 1

Can you please make a close up, one main only... i tend to over watering right now.

😁 and if i set you on fire for just 5 mins a day, will piss you off. Over 30 is a no go zone, you go over 26, you already hinder terpene and potency production. You need some active cooling when you go over 26. 

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Prom said:

if i set you on fire for just 5 mins a day, will piss you off. Over 30 is a no go zone, you go over 26, you already hinder terpene and potency production. You need some active cooling when you go over 26.

😂True True. Okay thanks for letting me know think I change off time from 10am to 3-4pm - currently 19/5 lights on/off which should do it. Because normally the excessive heat is during 10.30/11am - 12pm. Normally goes off at 12

As you water daily, what do you feed? Doesnt looks like N over feed... is a dark green, but not that dark either... and lift your pots! 😂 if all your plants are in the same size area and in same size pots, lifting one is fine... but just asuming they are dry, usually leads to a issue sooner or later. I use 22L fabric pots and give 2 liter all 2 days of nutrition solution, mid flower. But i do never water without lifting a pot. A to wet plant will take days to get back. A dry plant 10 mins after watering, she will be back to normal. Ok... i expect the 'dry' plant is not crisp 😉 but that takes days.

Nets dont make it easy to check the plants in the back.. but you can expect they are same size, look same healthy.. they drink same as the pots you reach. If you tray feed... your floor must be perfectly horizontal.. or doesnt work.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

@PromI only feed once a week because my soil is quite rich(or that’s what I think) but yeah I don’t ever lift my pots because of the net.

when you mean lift your pots, do you mean that I must feel with my hand whether the bottom is wet? 

Thank you for advice, I really appreciate it, I’ve changed the timer to go off during the hottest times of the day.

I also try to hold back on overwatering, just my concern is that I might lose my microbes by having the soil dry out completely which has probably caused me to overwater. 

ive been giving the plants 1l water a day with 500ml every second day in the 20l pots. I’ll try to give them 1.5-2l every second to third day. 

• Like 1

By lifting i mean to feel how heavy they are. Short quick lift, 5 cm.. uhhh nope, to heavy.. or yep, you need some 😁

Experience helps.. but you can also just fill a same size pot with dry soil, lift it.. poor the amount in for a feeding, lift again. Now you know top and bottom... you get the feel super quick and is the best indicator i know. Impossible to over water that way. Difference in weight is very easy to feel, takes a few seconds. I do that usually mornings.. but if it is not there yet, evening i feed. Then i have a day off 😁 not that i check anyhow next morning.. is a habit 😂

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

Wait, I see your issue, if not the fan blowing across those higher leaves more, is almost certainly the issue.

It was my thoughts as well, however, I am over watering though so could be a combination of both

Edited by Stefan

20 minutes ago, Stefan said:

It was my thoughts as well, however, I am over watering though so could be a combination of both

The heat, combine with the fan, will dry those out and batter them around so, if you had been over watering, the leaves all over would droop like that, and the lower leaves would also be going yellow by now and showing signs. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

@Prom @The_StonedTrooper thanks for your help.

I’ve switched the tent around and mounted the fan to the roof of the tent

the two plants that was in the middle was the only two suffering from clawed leaves so just switched the plants around to make nice space, don’t think I need the net any longer was just to use to LST but the plants are well trained now so think they can go without it now 

139BF7C3-FFE1-4A38-910D-A8467B2EE381.jpeg

B2B7E09B-A1AE-42F9-A4F4-4A2099147B78.jpeg

• Like 2

You only run 1 fan? Might want to add 1 more.. if you use the air in as ventilation too. I use my 150mm inline duct to control also more my in tent air flow. The other inliner just sucks out on top. I use 2 40cm on full speed beside the 150mm duct with 7 openings. The end of the duct I simply closed off. 

I marked the openings, the ones you don't see are just on the other side ^^ The top one is to bring fresh air to the other fix fan. The middle ones cool the lights, 2 QBs in this case, other 2 QBs are in the path of the fix fans. Lower openings are to provide air movement on the plants. Setup is nice, all plants move and not using any oscillating fan.

62790722_Ductairsetup.thumb.jpg.318c3fa3cd33fef9a86966efbbd31147.jpg

Edited by Prom
little edit
  • Like 2

Yeah only have one fan at the moment, but will add another for my next grow. I have a small fan but using it for my veg cupboard.

Have a Durban Poison, wedding cake, miss USA and Charlottes angel CBD vegging so I can send them straight to flower when the tent become available.

but yeah need to improve my lighting as well as environmental equipment such as fans, ac cooler, humidifier but with limited funds, they will all come one by one😅

A44BEA83-053F-42F4-B27F-7F60D21C89E8.jpeg

• Like 2

we always start small.. and sooner or later run out of space 😂 as long as you are happy with the stretch and grow speed.. those lights are not the best, but also not the worst to use.

Work on your climate control before you upgrade your lights. The good thing on the one you have is the build in cooling.. you can use the fan just to bring air to your plants. If you battle with temp.. last you want to do is add more light wattage.. just increases your problem. When you add things step by step, you should end with a rather well balanced system. 😊

Edited by Prom
Aenglisch difficult ;)
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1