ChefDylan (DQ)

ChefDylan

Okay, so to start this grow off, I will be running

1 x 240w led quantum board light

1 x 4" (100mm) extractor fan along with 2 other fans for circulation

I will be using coco coir and perlite mix amended with worm castings and Elemental blend both from Dirty hands inc.

I will be using this throughout the entire grow with the addition of a bloom booster when in flower.

I will however be trying 3 different training techniques:

# 1 - Mainlining

# 2 - Standard topping probably around 3 times

# 3 - will be left to do its own thing, will not top, trim or anything

I will soak the seeds for 24hours then place the seeds directly into medium to germinate and grow from there.

watering schedule - water when dry.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CreX said:

yea crank it a bit man... how high do you have your qb above the plants? i would go between 80-100cm as anything higher will also cause stretching

I had it at around a meter but had it at about 40%. Have now dropped it lower and turned up to 60% ( 18000 lux)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ChefDylan said:

Yeah have done so already, will see how the next few days go

you said you did so just the other day... 60% and lower... 

i dono if you should do so again... the light was too weak from the start and thats why its stretching... if you did adjust your lights on monday...id leave it at that till the end of the week

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, CreX said:

you said you did so just the other day... 60% and lower... 

i dono if you should do so again... the light was too weak from the start and thats why its stretching... if you did adjust your lights on monday...id leave it at that till the end of the week

I think they are just settling in now, they look like the are getting more leaf as apposed to more stem. but all learning curve. None the less they are healthy and doing well.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Totemic said:

If they are under a 240 QB from Light it up, then you should have your lights dimmed to 160-180, at a height of 70-80cm for this early veg stage

I now have my QB at 60cm and 60%. So i will monitor now until Saturday and see where I am at. Like I said above, they are getting more leafy now instead of just stem. Will monitor and adjust accordingly. Thanks for the advice.

• Thanks 1

Right, time for transplant. These girls are so lanky and are falling over so have transplanted into bigger pots where they will stay for the next 4 weeks. Then they will go into final pots before flipping amending with elemental mix, worm castings and myco. And watering with ph 6.0 water when dry. So here are a few pics before transplant and the amendment's I used.

20210522_114422.jpg

20210522_105028.jpg

20210522_105030.jpg

20210522_105024.jpg

20210522_105036.jpg

• Like 3

• 420SA changed the title to ChefDylan (DQ)
  • 420SA pinned this topic