Trying my own thing

Hein1978

Good day everyone!  I recently started playing around with making homemade edibles and jellies, etc.  This has been a very interesting process and has led me to investigate alternative processes for different types of edibles.  I now want to make a cannabis infused glycerin to use for edible jellies, but I am reading too many contradicting articles regarding the potency of the infusion with glycerin.  Is there anyone who has had experience with glycerin infusion, or anyone who has some advice as to the process of this?

Thanks and have a great day!

• Like 1

I have never looked into it myself, however I would imagine you'd want to start with a source of THC (or CBD) where you know how potent a gram (or mg) is. Then work out the dosing accordingly.

Not sure what medium it would need to be in though, such as butter, oil, hash, dab etc.

@Hein1978 welcome to the forum

I haven’t tried it myself but have been looking into this for a vape base, and also read that glycerin can be your base for many edibles, however, like you said there’s contradictions in whats your potency and dosage strength. If you trying to get specific mg per serving then it would best to rather use a different method of extraction and add your specific amount of THC/CBD to the glycerin thereafter.

when I give it go myself, I think I’ll first extract my THC/CBD using an alcohol extraction method and then add it to the glycerin to get a more specific dosage.

If you’d like to just extract directly into glycerin then start with a small amount of glycerin. Test and see how the potency is and dilute from there should it be too strong. You can always dilute it down if too strong but will be difficult to increase potency.

Thank you very much for everyone's feedback!  I really appreciate it!

@Stefan Thanks for that!!  That was exactly what I had in mind.  The only reason why I did not want to go the alcohol route is for the sake of the alcohol.  But I think what I will do is, try a bit with glycerin and see what I end up with, but also do the alcohol extraction also as a back up.    Will keep you updated on the glycerin progress!

• Like 1