Organic vs synthetics

Marzcanna

Goes further... you cant use seeds.. must be clones or you cant compare.

Then we have the knowledge of the fertilizer. You dont learn it in one grow... is a effort a private grower hardly tackles. Must be fair... both grows need to be dialed in to the max. Then you can compare. 

I had hydro, awesome weed. Really killer... and i repeat it for soil grown weed... wish i could grow that. The knowledge behind the person growing the weed counts more as what he/she uses. The plants always gets what they need at the right time.. doesnt matter if the plant absorbed it over syntetical or bio origin. Key is they get all.. 

Use what you are happy to use, i wouldnt bring over population in regards to marijuana fertilizers 🤪 

As long as you like your smoke, life is good, or? 😁 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Prom said:

Goes further... you cant use seeds.. must be clones or you cant compare.

Then we have the knowledge of the fertilizer. You dont learn it in one grow... is a effort a private grower hardly tackles. Must be fair... both grows need to be dialed in to the max. Then you can compare. 

I had hydro, awesome weed. Really killer... and i repeat it for soil grown weed... wish i could grow that. The knowledge behind the person growing the weed counts more as what he/she uses. The plants always gets what they need at the right time.. doesnt matter if the plant absorbed it over syntetical or bio origin. Key is they get all.. 

Use what you are happy to use, i wouldnt bring over population in regards to marijuana fertilizers 🤪 

As long as you like your smoke, life is good, or? 😁 

Absolutely, you have to use a clone to do a proper test, you might have the  same strain, but different phenos. With a clone we baiscly using the same plant under the same environment. 

I found something interesting. Of cause there are many factors at play that only lab results can really shine some light on , Here's two articles I ve come across for a good read and I think it applies perfectly to this thread 

Organic vs Synthetic - Side By SIde

Organic Vs Synthetics

Edited by Marzcanna
  • Like 1

For me personally, I noticed improved disease, pest resistance, taste with organic soil compared to the same plant grown under the same light in soil less. It makes sense though because to produce really potent bud a plant needs slight stress and I stress my plants in veg so they are able to build up tolerances. This is alot of work though, brewing tea, mixing smelly liquid ferts, which is why farms go soiless when growing indoor, automated nute mixing and dispensing systems means you plant, veg harvest in a set system with plants that enjoy growing in that setup.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Batista said:

For me personally, I noticed improved disease, pest resistance, taste with organic soil compared to the same plant grown under the same light in soil less. It makes sense though because to produce really potent bud a plant needs slight stress and I stress my plants in veg so they are able to build up tolerances. This is alot of work though, brewing tea, mixing smelly liquid ferts, which is why farms go soiless when growing indoor, automated nute mixing and dispensing systems means you plant, veg harvest in a set system with plants that enjoy growing in that setup.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

So Brix seems to affect the plants resistance to disease and pest and this can be applied to both organic or synthetic grows via multiple methods.

Slight stresses can be introduced in a variety of ways, some of the easier ways are perhaps with some substances which are not really organic or some which are organic and can be sprayed onto the plant or fed to them. There are many other ways as well, even with lighting.

Hard to gauge and tell whether it is making a difference or how much of a difference it makes though.

I do agree with you though that an organic grow can be a lot more time consuming and doing everything for an organic grow is a lot more effort too.

However on the flip side, it can also be done in a very simple manner (think of outdoor plants). Or a proper super soil which is self sufficient. Not easy to achieve and often the results are better with fertilizers (organic or synthetic) being added and fed to the plants as well. Especially with cannabis during flowering.

Like @CreX and some other growers, we might use coco and synthetic nutes but we also use a combination of other things which are more commonly found in organic and/or soil grows.

I really see not reason why not to as I agree that it does make a difference and leads to happier and healthier plants.

With that being said, I am sure there are people doing organic grows who do not use these products though. lol

Just because one does not use organic nutes or soil, does not mean they do not use other natural products and organic products. Mycorrhizal fungi and trichoderma are two which I really like to make use of and inoculate my plants with and I feel it does make a difference.

Those are just 2, however I know that @CreX has used teas in his hydro with synthetic nutes and has had great results back when he was growing DWC.

Microbes can be very beneficial, even if one is growing in coco or hydro and using synthetic nutes.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1