Organic vs synthetics

Marzcanna

1 minute ago, ORGANinc. said:

If flushing is the debate. Then I have to stick to my points the last time we had this discussion. Flushing is vital! 

Not to you me, or anyone who understand what synthetic nutrients really are, but to the beginner grower. Imagine the huge majority of first timers growing out their first bud pushing over recommended serving sizes not flushing, and tasting that chemical mess. They might stop growing completely and i'm sure they have. So this is would actually make flushing an integral step in cannabis cultivation.

Cant just say get it right the first time. 

so what about the not so noob growers?

i can sorta see your angle and where you are coming from. But at my company we have a motto "First time right" , so while i agree with you it may be benificial for noobs, it would be better if these peeps researched a bit more on all kinds of grow techniques, and the importance of not over feeding, rather than flushing.

another note, if flushing is to remove excess nutes in the meduim, then there is zero saving in a flush as you are washing unused nutes down the drain... as opposed to just leaving them there.

another thing is outdoor plants... i have grown the most beautiful weed, with the most delightful terps and aromas ...and obviously didnt flush because they were in the ground.

so maybe a point to the amazing terp profile from the organic outdoor - but a big question remains, is flushing nesseccary if you dont need to flush outdoor plants 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, CreX said:

so what about the not so noob growers?

i can sorta see your angle and where you are coming from. But at my company we have a motto "First time right" , so while i agree with you it may be benificial for noobs, it would be better if these peeps researched a bit more on all kinds of grow techniques, and the importance of not over feeding, rather than flushing.

another note, if flushing is to remove excess nutes in the meduim, then there is zero saving in a flush as you are washing unused nutes down the drain... as opposed to just leaving them there.

another thing is outdoor plants... i have grown the most beautiful weed, with the most delightful terps and aromas ...and obviously didnt flush because they were in the ground.

so maybe a point to the amazing terp profile from the organic outdoor - but a big question remains, is flushing nesseccary if you dont need to flush outdoor plants 

Yes but also the conception of flushing is something I view quite one-sided, because why would you pour ridiculous amounts of water through the medium... And then cool you can leave them in there rather, all you really doing is watering to move those salt nutrients through and used by the plant, from the soil and into the fruits... 

Then your outdoor plants, boasted a lot more terps because of the diversity of microbes and huge variety of mineral matter available in a general outdoor soil, couple that with some bugs in a jug and you flying, greengrowing crops also bring huge microbial diversity as well. Then also worth mentioning - The sun! The fresh air! (CO2), the ground cycles out a hell of a lot of CO2, they measure how much microbes by the amount of Co2 emitted if i'm not mistaken, could be wrong on that one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ORGANinc. said:

If flushing is the debate. Then I have to stick to my points the last time we had this discussion. Flushing is vital! 

Not to you me, or anyone who understand what synthetic nutrients really are, but to the beginner grower. Imagine the huge majority of first timers growing out their first bud pushing over recommended serving sizes not flushing, and tasting that chemical mess. They might stop growing completely and i'm sure they have. So this is would actually make flushing an integral step in cannabis cultivation.

Cant just say get it right the first time. 

I gotta disagree with you here. Plants have a limit as to how much nutrients they can consume / take in and most of the time when we're feeding plants we tend to feed more than they need and overtime the nutrients can build up in the medium (soil, coco, hydro - whatever).

Plants will take the nutrients they require, which means an imbalance can occur in the medium.

Flushing will clear the medium of nutrients, not the plant. However a flush can lead to the plant being starved due to the lack of nutrients now available in the medium. However whatever the plant has previously taken up to grow and create the leaves and bud will remain there.

EDIT: Actually, a quick reference can be made to this link here: https://www.rxgreentechnologies.com/rxgt_trials/flushing-trial/

Go to the section "Mineral Content of Flowers at Harvest"

They even have some nice graphs showing the mineral content with different durations of a flush. It is kind of all over the place. Some nutrients are found in lower concentrations with no flush compared to when the a flush was performed.

Ultimately, a lot more research I feel needs to be done still.

Also a flush can be done regardless of whether you're feeding organic or synthetic nutes. Excess nutes can be fed in both scenarios.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, PsyCLown said:

I gotta disagree with you here. Plants have a limit as to how much nutrients they can consume / take in and most of the time when we're feeding plants we tend to feed more than they need and overtime the nutrients can build up in the medium (soil, coco, hydro - whatever).

Plants will take the nutrients they require, which means an imbalance can occur in the medium.

Flushing will clear the medium of nutrients, not the plant. However a flush can lead to the plant being starved due to the lack of nutrients now available in the medium. However whatever the plant has previously taken up to grow and create the leaves and bud will remain there.

Yes that all sounds quite right, flushing does not remove a build up of nutrient in the vacuoles. However which ever way you classify flushing, watering for a week or flooding your plants, you've then given some time to go by till the next feeding, and water in the interim, you've done good and your plants might be ready for another feed. Depends on how badly you screwed up.

Just now, ORGANinc. said:

Yes that all sounds quite right, flushing does not remove a build up of nutrient in the vacuoles. However which ever way you classify flushing, watering for a week or flooding your plants, you've then given some time to go by till the next feeding, and water in the interim, you've done good and your plants might be ready for another feed. Depends on how badly you screwed up.

I have always understood that one typically wants to flush before harvest and you do not feed after flushing.

Flushing has its use and purpose if you fucked up and fed the wrong nutes or waay too much or at the incorrect PH and it can cause damage / harm to your plants.

For example, feeding some nute solution with an EC  of 4.0, that can cause some serious damage to the plants. You've already fed it to your plants and shit, now what?

A flush can help, get rid of the nutrient solution in the medium to then replace it with a nutrient solution which is safe for your plants. Although this would be done at any point in the growth cycle and not specifically at the end of the grow just before harvest.

I feel a lot of this misinformation was spread about due to the fact that back in the day, a few decades ago, information was not as common as it is now and research was not done on cannabis as it is now. People have to play around and things were done with trial and error for the most part and you used what you had available to you.

The amount of cannabis specific products were little to none and then trying to get your hands on what was available was likely very challenging and possibly expensive.

Now we're getting onto the topic of flushing though and not organic vs synthetic. :-stoned

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ill_Evan said:

Gimme direct links to why flushing works, then you let me know when you've finished the MIGRO video, then we meet back here. Hm? 

My argument wasnt that flashing works or doesn't work, I've run many strains on a flush and no flush bases to able to  say that for me, I do not notice a difference in either one, yet I do choose to flush everytime. My argument is should you reuse the same medium after synthetics? For health concerns in particular. We know that salts  build up on the pots but not with organic, atleast not to my understanding because I have not seen that with organics. You wash the pots with the aid of other chemicals to help in removing those salts from synthetics? So with that said, it brings up anther question, do you than flush to remove the salt build up in the soil aswel, with plain water or/ and with the same agents you use to clean the pot? Or you skip flush all internally, for the believe that salts have no effect on anything ? In organics we know we do not need to flush, that's  proven everytime we step outside our homes. So my question is, why the theory around the flash of synthetics? Why some manufacturers themselves put a flush period on their instructions? Can we trust synthetics to be 💯 safe for our health and has no effect both on the plant or the consumer? Why pharmaceutical companies lean more towards organic growing? I still use synthetics in my grows, there's a place for them, and for me it does come down to preference. 

• Like 1

My argument wasnt that flashing works or doesn't work, I've run many strains on a flush and no flush bases to able to  say that for me, I do not notice a difference in either one, yet I do choose to flush everytime. My argument is should you reuse the same medium after synthetics? For health concerns in particular. We know that salts  build up on the pots but not with organic, atleast not to my understanding because I have not seen that with organics. You wash the pots with the aid of other chemicals to help in removing those salts from synthetics? So with that said, it brings up anther question, do you than flush to remove the salt build up in the soil aswel, with plain water or/ and with the same agents you use to clean the pot? Or you skip flush all internally, for the believe that salts have no effect on anything ? In organics we know we do not need to flush, that's  proven everytime we step outside our homes. So my question is, why the theory around the flash of synthetics? Why some manufacturers themselves put a flush period on their instructions? Can we trust synthetics to be safe for our health and has no effect both on the plant or the consumer? Why pharmaceutical companies lean more towards organic growing? I still use synthetics in my grows, there's a place for them, and for me it does come down to preference. 

So you're saying flushing should happen only if one is using synthetic nutes but when using organic nutes it's fine not to flush?

Reusing the same medium, I do not see why not. You want to rinse the medium though to get rid of the nute build up so you can start clean with balance nutrients.

Lets use hydro as an example, water is the medium. You out nutes in there with say an NPK of 3.3.3 and the plant will consume nutes in different quantities. Over time you may end up low on nitrogen in the water but still have plenty of potassium. So the balance of the nutes are now all over the place. It's easier to scrap the res and start fresh with new "balanced" ratio of nutes.

We all know excess nutes can cause issues as can an insufficient levels of nutes. Lead to lock out, toxicity, burn and deficiencies etc.
This happens with organic nutes as well and with soil too.

I just toss the fabric pots in the washing machine with some washing machine detergent. There is a rinse cycle.
I wouldn't use washing machine detergent to clean the pots.

If you have a glass of hot water, add a lot of salt and it will dissolve. That now becomes a solution.
Leave that glass of water out to dry out and you'll be left with salt at the bottom of the glass.
This is basically what happens and why you see the nute build up on the side of the fabric pots.
Add water to the glass and the salt will dissolve again, same with the nute build up on the side of the fabric pots.

There is nothing dodgy or dangerous going on when this happens.

Not sure what health concerns you have with synthetic nutes? You've likely consumed loads of products where the plants were fed with synthetic nutes.

What is the difference between an organic nutrient and a synthetic nutrient?
What defines what an organic or synthetic nutrient is?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

So you're saying flushing should happen only if one is using synthetic nutes but when using organic nutes it's fine not to flush?

Reusing the same medium, I do not see why not. You want to rinse the medium though to get rid of the nute build up so you can start clean with balance nutrients.

Lets use hydro as an example, water is the medium. You out nutes in there with say an NPK of 3.3.3 and the plant will consume nutes in different quantities. Over time you may end up low on nitrogen in the water but still have plenty of potassium. So the balance of the nutes are now all over the place. It's easier to scrap the res and start fresh with new "balanced" ratio of nutes.

We all know excess nutes can cause issues as can an insufficient levels of nutes. Lead to lock out, toxicity, burn and deficiencies etc.
This happens with organic nutes as well and with soil too.

I just toss the fabric pots in the washing machine with some washing machine detergent. There is a rinse cycle.
I wouldn't use washing machine detergent to clean the pots.

If you have a glass of hot water, add a lot of salt and it will dissolve. That now becomes a solution.
Leave that glass of water out to dry out and you'll be left with salt at the bottom of the glass.
This is basically what happens and why you see the nute build up on the side of the fabric pots.
Add water to the glass and the salt will dissolve again, same with the nute build up on the side of the fabric pots.

There is nothing dodgy or dangerous going on when this happens.

Not sure what health concerns you have with synthetic nutes? You've likely consumed loads of products where the plants were fed with synthetic nutes.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Fair enough, I don't think there is enough evidence out there to state either one is right. We have certain growers high up in community stating that you shouldn't reuse medium with synthetics and there's others saying that it's doesn't matter, we have those saying flush is a must, some say it doesn't have any benefits. I'm fully aware the difference between the two and how the plant uptakes it, as I said from the start I don't condemn synthetics, I've grown fully synthetic and organic aswel as Simi-organic. But to end this topic for me I will still continue with my beliefs until further studies prove otherwise 

46 minutes ago, Marzcanna said:

Fair enough, I don't think there is enough evidence out there to state either one is right. We have certain growers high up in community stating that you shouldn't reuse medium with synthetics and there's others saying that it's doesn't matter, we have those saying flush is a must, some say it doesn't have any benefits. I'm fully aware the difference between the two and how the plant uptakes it, as I said from the start I don't condemn synthetics, I've grown fully synthetic and organic aswel as Simi-organic. But to end this topic for me I will still continue with my beliefs until further studies prove otherwise 

Without a doubt, if it works for you then stick to it.

There are multiple ways to grow cannabis, gotta find the way which works best for you.

There will often be varying opinions, from a manufactures point of view or a businesses point of view, they want to make money and often whatever leads to them making more money is the better option (for them).

So feeding high doses of nutes consistently, paying high prices for products which are created to make you think they are better, changing out your medium after each grow, buying a light which leads you to believe it is better, products marketed to do x but really do not do much and offer low value for money. The cannabis industry is full of such products and manufacturers unfortunately.

Marketing is extremely powerful, get it right and other people start to do the marketing on your behalf and we all know that a person recommending a product is generally better than the company recommending their own product. For example, me recommending Bio Bizz and having no ties to them would be better than a retailer recommending it or the company itself.

A lot of new people have been getting into growing and the industry over the past few weeks with the legalization in the states and the change in SA.

Soil and organics is whats most popular at the moment and is pushed heavily by a lot of people and companies. At the same time, the way in which most people grow, the potential benefits I feel are not entirely there, but the extra costs involved certainly are.

You get stubborn people everywhere. Some growers still swear by HID, others have come from HID and moved over to LED and swear by LED now.

Some feel higher temps (30C) in a tent are fine, others prefer cooler temps to help keep the terpenes in tact.  Some believe the higher temps don't or won't affect the bud and the end result.

Some people feel they can tell when a plant is ready to be harvested simply by looking at the plant with their bare eyes, others know that is not the case.

Basically, there is a lot of info out there. Not all of it is true. There are possibly somethings we may think are true and at a later point in time we may all be surprised and find out it is infact not true - who knows. Still lots of research to be done. A lot we all need to learn, I do not care how long you have been growing for, there is still more to be learnt.

When it comes to organic and synthetic, they both have their place and without synthetic fertilizers we'd likely have issues with food supply and have a shortage of food.

As I have said, pros and cons to both. Organic and natural is also not all that it is made out to be, without a doubt they have their downsides as well.

I do feel the world needs to move towards more sustainable practices, especially on a commercial level as really you cannot compare us home growers to commercial farms.

Ironically, more sustainable practices could even come in the form of genetically modified crops and/or mutations of the crops.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marzcanna said:

My argument is should you reuse the same medium after synthetics? For health concerns in particular. We know that salts  build up on the pots but not with organic, atleast not to my understanding because I have not seen that with organics. You wash the pots with the aid of other chemicals to help in removing those salts from synthetics?

Ah I see, so flushing just in terms of recycling a synthetic nutrient medium such as coco/perlite. Well, I have already admitted to doing that, however I will also say I do not go as far as @CreX does in terms of the extent of flushing, sieving or even re-buffering. I agree one cannot simply just keep reusing coco over and over without some kind of detriment to the cation exchange rate and pH/EC imbalance but that would be more a problem for your plant than for your health in my opinion (got no links for that aspect, eish) and of course your yield may vary due to this. 

When it comes to flushing for purposes of rinsing out excess nutrients from the medium to avoid a chemical taste of some sort before harvest, that I am sure of is not necessary. I think what may be more necessary is to allow your medium to dry out before harvest. 

The pots themselves get washed not necessarily for the salts but more as a preventative to any molds or pathogens, but I suppose I benefit then anyways regardless of my belief as whatever salt builds up also gets washed away in the process. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Without a doubt, if it works for you then stick to it.

There are multiple ways to grow cannabis, gotta find the way which works best for you.

There will often be varying opinions, from a manufactures point of view or a businesses point of view, they want to make money and often whatever leads to them making more money is the better option (for them).

So feeding high doses of nutes consistently, paying high prices for products which are created to make you think they are better, changing out your medium after each grow, buying a light which leads you to believe it is better, products marketed to do x but really do not do much and offer low value for money. The cannabis industry is full of such products and manufacturers unfortunately.

Marketing is extremely powerful, get it right and other people start to do the marketing on your behalf and we all know that a person recommending a product is generally better than the company recommending their own product. For example, me recommending Bio Bizz and having no ties to them would be better than a retailer recommending it or the company itself.

A lot of new people have been getting into growing and the industry over the past few weeks with the legalization in the states and the change in SA.

Soil and organics is whats most popular at the moment and is pushed heavily by a lot of people and companies. At the same time, the way in which most people grow, the potential benefits I feel are not entirely there, but the extra costs involved certainly are.

You get stubborn people everywhere. Some growers still swear by HID, others have come from HID and moved over to LED and swear by LED now.

Some feel higher temps (30C) in a tent are fine, others prefer cooler temps to help keep the terpenes in tact.  Some believe the higher temps don't or won't affect the bud and the end result.

Some people feel they can tell when a plant is ready to be harvested simply by looking at the plant with their bare eyes, others know that is not the case.

Basically, there is a lot of info out there. Not all of it is true. There are possibly somethings we may think are true and at a later point in time we may all be surprised and find out it is infact not true - who knows. Still lots of research to be done. A lot we all need to learn, I do not care how long you have been growing for, there is still more to be learnt.

When it comes to organic and synthetic, they both have their place and without synthetic fertilizers we'd likely have issues with food supply and have a shortage of food.

As I have said, pros and cons to both. Organic and natural is also not all that it is made out to be, without a doubt they have their downsides as well.

I do feel the world needs to move towards more sustainable practices, especially on a commercial level as really you cannot compare us home growers to commercial farms.

Ironically, more sustainable practices could even come in the form of genetically modified crops and/or mutations of the crops.

I agree with this

• Like 1

there’s a beauty/art that’s there’s always an organic solution. I enjoy using organics because everything you need is readily available just takes a little effort and a more hands on approach. if I really wanted kelp, we can go down to beach, egg shells for cal-mag, different plants for your general grow and bloom nutes, etc. I’ve got organic nutes for the now while I’m learning organics, but started growing my comfrey, aloe, alfalfa, barley (not exhaustive list) that will eventually become my liquid fertilisers one day. Making my hobby fun, educational, exciting, never-ending research and the best factor - easy on my pocket and for a commercial scale saving tons of money.

I’ve only grown this way and don’t have much experience(started Aug 2020) but to me it’s easier as well. Your plant and soil does all the work for you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marzcanna said:

We have certain growers high up in community stating that you shouldn't reuse medium with synthetics and there's others saying that it's doesn't matter,

Isn’t this for the reason that coco is negatively charged which requires its to be buffered so by continuing to be reused you could end up with coco that’s taking all calcium magnesium you plan to give your plants?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

Ah I see, so flushing just in terms of recycling a synthetic nutrient medium such as coco/perlite. Well, I have already admitted to doing that, however I will also say I do not go as far as @CreX does in terms of the extent of flushing, sieving or even re-buffering. I agree one cannot simply just keep reusing coco over and over without some kind of detriment to the cation exchange rate and pH/EC imbalance but that would be more a problem for your plant than for your health in my opinion (got no links for that aspect, eish) and of course your yield may vary due to this. 

When it comes to flushing for purposes of rinsing out excess nutrients from the medium to avoid a chemical taste of some sort before harvest, that I am sure of is not necessary. I think what may be more necessary is to allow your medium to dry out before harvest. 

The pots themselves get washed not necessarily for the salts but more as a preventative to any molds or pathogens, but I suppose I benefit then anyways regardless of my belief as whatever salt builds up also gets washed away in the process. 

Fair enough. I agree with your statement, especially with "that flushing does not help with chemical taste" I do flush, when growing with coco and synthetics, more to fix a mistake in nutes (It does happen especially when trying different things and ways of growing). I do flash after every grow but out of preference, as i mentioned before unfortunately in my case, i have not noticed a significant difference in chemical taste, or a smoother smoke due to flash, perhaps I do get more of a whitish ash 

Edited by Marzcanna
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Isn’t this for the reason that coco is negatively charged which requires its to be buffered so by continuing to be reused you could end up with coco that’s taking all calcium magnesium you plan to give your plants?

You buffer for calcium and magnesium due to the exchange caution capacity, as it leaches on to it plus throw in leds and you could have a cal-mag issue. What I think they are saying is that syntactics and salt buildup could  have a negative effect ( as I mentioned) there needs to be more studies done in labs to be able prove each side. This is why it organics vs syntactics. Atleast I know well whos growing syntactics here  😏😉😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

Ah I see, so flushing just in terms of recycling a synthetic nutrient medium such as coco/perlite. Well, I have already admitted to doing that, however I will also say I do not go as far as @CreX does in terms of the extent of flushing, sieving or even re-buffering. 

aaaaaay, when you're poor you're poor lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Marzcanna said:

You buffer for calcium and magnesium due to the exchange caution capacity, as it leaches on to it plus throw in leds and you could have a cal-mag issue. What I think they are saying is that syntactics and salt buildup could  have a negative effect ( as I mentioned) there needs to be more studies done in labs to be able prove each side. This is why it organics vs syntactics. Atleast I know well whos growing syntactics here  😏😉😆

i must note that i do battle with the reused coco for a week or 2 before its 100% sharp again because of the cation sites in coco... getting the Ca and Mg ratio correct and actually buffering the meduim can be tricky... under buffering or over buffering is a mess.

last buffer was only calcuim and no mg and so far so good

Only do this if you really cant afford new coco... i just dump used soil back into the compost and so begins the process again

this recent wash i did seems the best so far... happy plants straight from day 1

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CreX said:

i must note that i do battle with the reused coco for a week or 2 before its 100% sharp again because of the cation sites in coco... getting the Ca and Mg ratio correct and actually buffering the meduim can be tricky... under buffering or over buffering is a mess.

last buffer was only calcuim and no mg and so far so good

Only do this if you really cant afford new coco... i just dump used soil back into the compost and so begins the process again

this recent wash i did seems the best so far... happy plants straight from day 1

I hear you brother, I've been there, tryna get that cal-mag ratio buffered at the right amount can be a pain, although i don't think i have ever over done it. Whats your ratio?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PsyCLown said:

The fact that synthetic nutes kills your microbes itself proves it’s essentially a poison but I’m not coming from a hating point of view as I smoke my poisonous cigarettes, eat my unhealthy meats, etc. So I’m the last the person that will stand on his high horse and say you must grow organically.

However, we should(myself included) care what we feed ourselves, what we give our foods(plants) as all of these artificial made products are essentially a poison. With the increasing link between “artificially/synthetically” made products and cancer, it’s safe to say that there are byproducts which we consume through these foods/products. Or there are natural processes(we unaware of) that must occur which synthetic products can’t mimic which leads to them being harmful. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stefan said:

The fact that synthetic nutes kills your microbes itself proves it’s essentially a poison but I’m not coming from a hating point of view as I smoke my poisonous cigarettes, eat my unhealthy meats, etc. So I’m the last the person that will stand on his high horse and say you must grow organically.

However, we should(myself included) care what we feed ourselves, what we give our foods(plants) as all of these artificial made products are essentially a poison. With the increasing link between “artificially/synthetically” made products and cancer, it’s safe to say that there are byproducts which we consume through these foods/products. Or there are natural processes(we unaware of) that must occur which synthetic products can’t mimic which leads to them being harmful. 

Yes thats a concern, and a big reason for my switch from synthetics to organics because it made sense in theory but unfortunately the truth is there's not enough physical evidence yet stating other wise, a couple of videos or articles isnt enough to swing either way

I’m definitely for re-amending your soil and reusing it @CreX really brilliant practice! The only thing I can see possibly going wrong is the salts getting stuck in the medium and hindering the cycling of the organic matter, but you can add worm casting / compost and should be sufficient, probably wouldn’t need to use any nitrate products for the beginning half of plants veg, coming scenario agronomist are prescribing to farms in the americas, this is what they say. 

But that’s what it’s about, Small steps, maybe try a fish instead? Fish hydrolysate is one of those really brilliant nitrogen products. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ORGANinc. said:

I’m definitely for re-amending your soil and reusing it @CreX really brilliant practice! The only thing I can see possibly going wrong is the salts getting stuck in the medium and hindering the cycling of the organic matter, but you can add worm casting / compost and should be sufficient, probably wouldn’t need to use any nitrate products for the beginning half of plants veg, coming scenario agronomist are prescribing to farms in the americas, this is what they say. 

But that’s what it’s about, Small steps, maybe try a fish instead? Fish hydrolysate is one of those really brilliant nitrogen products. 

for my general outdoor plants and shrubs on my balcony, i do like Seagro! the plants love it as well... and i also have some Biobizz grow that i alternate with for my plants in a soil medium. and then spot fixes with half strength salts if i see anything unhappy.

my dad has a nice compost heap that i have been chucking some used coco into to try make the compost a bit lighter - i hadnt really thought about the salts in the coco as that coco i dont wash. although the coco amounts for like 1% of the heap, i dont fear im in trouble... but when i can afford coco in a bad already buffered... then the compost heap will be getting loads more coco rapidly and then i may sit with some shit

thanks man

and thanks @Marzcanna for a sweet debate - shot man, i like when emotions get involved and you see everyones passion shine through.

• Haha 1