Amazing value for money & 1st class packaging

highchome

I just received 4* 3 Feminized seeds from @Totemicfrom the 420sa store. https://store.420sa.co.za/product/totemic-summer-2021-bundle/

Firstly R420 for 12 feminized seeds is fantastic but I was also really impressed by the packaging. 

image.png.5b312471d9ceb6cb0fb8788536ef4ed0.png

Resealable bags, clearly labeled etc. Very very nice. Thanks @Totemicand 420SA

Edited by highchome
clicked send too soon
  • Like 7

• 5 months later...
On 4/29/2021 at 12:58 PM, PapaSpliff said:

Received my order this morning...

That was really fast - great job 

@420SA and @Totemic

Good day guys. 

I was really excited to start my grow this season. 12 plants were going to be too many for me to grow, so I gave 6 seeds to a buddy of mine to try out.

It's been just over 2 weeks since I dropped them into the soil. None of my seeds took off 😭and only 1 of my buddies.

Think I'm gonna need to buy another pack. @Totemic Do you have any more of the mix pack available?

12 hours ago, PapaSpliff said:

Good day guys. 

I was really excited to start my grow this season. 12 plants were going to be too many for me to grow, so I gave 6 seeds to a buddy of mine to try out.

It's been just over 2 weeks since I dropped them into the soil. None of my seeds took off 😭and only 1 of my buddies.

Think I'm gonna need to buy another pack. @Totemic Do you have any more of the mix pack available?

Strange that non of them popped. Could you provide me with more detail. What strains, from whom you purchased, if not from 420sa.

There are however non of those specific batch seeds, but I could get a few others off to you in a bit. 

Edited by Totemic

3 hours ago, Totemic said:

Strange that non of them popped. Could you provide me with more detail. What strains, from whom you purchased, if not from 420sa.

There are however non of those specific batch seeds, but I could get a few others off to you in a bit. 

I purchased the 4 pack (palomino, chocolate gelato, Tortoni and cherry CBD). I'm pretty sure I purchased it from 420sa, back at the end of April 2021... 

Had them stored in my refrigerator since the until the beginning of October. Do you think that was the problem??

I don't usually reply in breeders topics, but I will have to say this since the opportunity has presented itself, I was gifted 2 packs of 10 Tortoni F1s, gave 15 to my friend for his outdoor and kept 5 for myself, he went germinated his and I germinated mine... out of those 20..20 germinated. That's 100% germination, to add all the females had some of the most beautiful and frosty buds coming out of those plants and not to kiss ass here because anyone who has followed my grows will know which breeder I stand by but 1 has to say @Totemicthat's impressive 

Edited by Marzcanna
  • Like 2

If pappa spliff can recall if the seeds where still whole (not crushed or cracked) when dropping them in the soil I think it will be safe to say the seeds where not the problem if they where in good condition when you recieved them. Totemic is reputed through and through, 420sa is not going to take you for a ride either. 

One thing bout the fridge storage, I used to preach fridge storage that lead to many a arguement and a bunch of conclusions. You can test it for yourself. A fridge that gets opened and closed a lot, like a communal house fridge, fluctuates a lot in temperatures. If your seeds are not sealed and air gets trapped inside of where your seeds are kept, there is a minute chance of air condensing inside the container and forming droplets of water or high moisture. a Fridge is not the place you wana sprout seeds cause they likely wont do anything, so high RH and low temp might cause more kak than good. The key to fridge storing is to keep them bone dry and airtight sealed. even better if it's in a fridge that's not being opened all the time. 

It would be in pappa spliffs best interest to share more detail with us on his germing method, stuffing more seeds in someones hand who already lost 11 seeds is not going to solve anything. 

Pretty much 100% germination hit rate on @Totemic seeds my side as well.

Are you indoor or outdoor?

I planted some outdoors ( not Totemic's) beginning of September and had a few not show their heads. I think the weather played a part as it was wet and icy cold.

Indoors I have had 100% on everything.

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

I dropped the seeds straight into solo cups with some new soil I'm trying (420Mix). Kept them in the dark in my cupboard.

Gave up on them after 2 weeks, so this weekend I removed the seeds from the solo cups and put them straight into the ground/garden as a last resort 🤞.

The seeds popped cos I could see the small taproot but the roots looked dried out.

@TotemicApologies for saying that your seeds did not pop🙏

I think that I under watered them, as I did not want to make the mistake of over watering them.

Looks like it was my bad all round (rookie mistake)...

Anyways, that's a tough lesson learnt from my f#ck#p...

This week I started some bagseed I found (just to keep me busy this season). But this time, I'm gonna do the tot glass soak and paper towel method before dropping into soil... 

✌️

• Like 3

On 10/22/2021 at 5:42 AM, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

If pappa spliff can recall if the seeds where still whole (not crushed or cracked) when dropping them in the soil I think it will be safe to say the seeds where not the problem if they where in good condition when you recieved them. Totemic is reputed through and through, 420sa is not going to take you for a ride either. 

One thing bout the fridge storage, I used to preach fridge storage that lead to many a arguement and a bunch of conclusions. You can test it for yourself. A fridge that gets opened and closed a lot, like a communal house fridge, fluctuates a lot in temperatures. If your seeds are not sealed and air gets trapped inside of where your seeds are kept, there is a minute chance of air condensing inside the container and forming droplets of water or high moisture. a Fridge is not the place you wana sprout seeds cause they likely wont do anything, so high RH and low temp might cause more kak than good. The key to fridge storing is to keep them bone dry and airtight sealed. even better if it's in a fridge that's not being opened all the time. 

It would be in pappa spliffs best interest to share more detail with us on his germing method, stuffing more seeds in someones hand who already lost 11 seeds is not going to solve anything. 

100%

I store my seeds in the fridge with silica desiccant to help control the humidity and inside a zip lock bag (they're not 100% airtight).

It is also a smaller fridge which is seldom opened and not the main fridge. I think the humidity is the bigger issue though.

@PapaSpliff Everyone has their own preference with popping seeds but I really love the paper towel method.

Into water for 12 to 24 hours, then into paper towel until there is a tap root and then I plant it into the medium (I plant near the surface, to make it easier for the seedling to emerge). If the seed husk gets stuck on the seedling I will carefully help it out and remove the seed husk.

• Like 3