How fun can finance service providers be?

Prom

I am trying to pay for my solar system.. and something rather funny occurred.

When I try to make the payment on Alibaba, I get a error message back from Skrill, got the Mastercard from the guys. Please contact Skrill support. Used the card before at Alibaba, all fine.

So I contact support and ask, what is wrong?

Answer, nothing, all is fine with your account. Try again.. I do, same error message.

Contact support again, answer.. na, all good, we can't help you anymore, has to work.

So why does your system refuses the transaction.. ticket closed 😂 and not by me.. is one of those stories.. morons you find everywhere. 🤭 But how you tackle that issue? Their own system sends an error, support confirms that your account is fully functional.. but payment still gets rejected by their own system 😂 and support sees zero problems with that. Only movie coming to my mind reflecting where we are going is "Idiocracy" 🤣

Have to add.. small amounts work fine... I suggested to check if their limit checker is working 😬 not sure they still talk with me hehehe haven't heard since.

Post Office also pulled a nice one. Have 2 offices close, 5 mins driving distance.. got a pickup slip for the Milnerton office... that is a 30min traffic drive 😂 send them a mail.. i am sure you can get it closer ^^ also took them 7 days to drop the pickup slip in my letter box. Heck.. DHL moves things to Europe or China in that time 🤣 

Not my day... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Haha, ahh shit man.

I have had similar issues with the post office before, parcels being delivered to a post office quite a drive from me - but I have always gone to collect my parcel in fear that if I ask for it to be moved to a post office closer to me, I may never receive the parcel.

As for the issue with making payment, I do not use Mastercard very often. Mostly Visa and have never had issues.

I assume your international payment limit is sufficient? Alternatively, try a different card if possible or message them and arrange to make payment via Paypal or similar as a last resort.

For interest sake, what solar equipment are you getting? I assume its quite a bit cheaper than getting locally? Even after shipping and customs and decent brands and quality too?

• Like 3

Is a 5kw hybrid system with lithium ion bank. 5k$ with shipping. Once i get it here, i post customs bill.

Enough on the card, no limit breached, should work. They contacted me yesterday to ask for a error screen shot with time stamp. Somebody understood after three days argueing... something not working as it should. Lets see...

• Like 5

• 11 months later...

No matter how many times you buy online with any card, there will be problems. The customer service is a unique people who always do well. You're lucky that they responded at all. That's why I prefer to order packages by courier to my house and pay there. My last purchase was a video intercom system even though there were no problems with payment there I decided to reinsure. Plus I always want to see the product first and pay to make sure of the quality, especially with intercom system.

Edited by Maxxx17
  • Like 1

Sounds like fun and games, and service is not what it used to be. Just smile and be nice, think outside the box. 

Post Office also pulled a nice one. Have 2 offices close, 5 mins driving distance.. got a pickup slip for the Milnerton office... that is a 30min traffic drive  send them a mail.. i am sure you can get it closer ^^ also took them 7 days to drop the pickup slip in my letter box. Heck.. DHL moves things to Europe or China in that time  

SAPO - last time I used them my shirt from USA arrived 6 months later. Previous to that it took them 3/4 months to deliver an arrival slip. So all in all service got better. Alibaba I bought a water pump and received a necklance. Gave up on them both. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Haha, your experience sounds like the epitome of modern customer service! 😂 It's quite interesting how the finance world can feel like a comedy movie at times. Reminds me of when I was getting paid by Audible—you'd think everything would be smooth, but technology has other plans! 🤣
The Skrill situation sounds like a rollercoaster. It's puzzling how support confirmed your account was fully functional, yet their own system kept rejecting the payment. They might as well give you a cameo in "Idiocracy"! 😜
Funny you mentioned the Post Office as well. Can you believe it took them 7 days to get you a pickup slip for a 30-minute drive away location, when you have closer offices? DHL's efficiency could teach them a thing or two! 🤣 Keep your head up, not every day can be like this!

Edited by JasonOuston
  • Like 1