Beneficial insects for pest control

SkunkPharm

Hi Guys

Please see link if you are looking for insects. This is a good site to start. Stop spraying you plants woth chemicals. You will smoke it one day and you need it to be clean. Also remember if you extract your plants you concentrate those chemicals and they are not good for you. I am only posting this here cause sometimes you feel its to expensive to buy them. Please buy together and share delivery costs.

https://livingseeds.co.za/garden-supplies/ipm-intergrated-pest-managment

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, CG420za said:

They're pricey. I'm picking up some predatory mites later at the hydro shop for R350, but I was told that will not be the price when they officially sell them

I got packs from @Justin Hemp for R20 a pack. Ultramite. They are starting to colonize my plants. I always have issues with thrips and spider mites this time of year.

Just now, Marzcanna said:

This is good news, I'm in search of nematodes, cant seem to find anything in SA

Which one? me too but a very specific one....  heterorhabditis nematode, they say they put these in the states not for any type of control (althought they will be the only ones alive) but for the sheer amount of nutrient cycling that species can do. 

But whose to know, I always wonder... if there are springtales in my system and its a sign of a healthy system, where did they come from? the diversity can explode just by adding EM throughout the soil food web. 

Maybe its time to get a scope 🌱

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, ORGANinc. said:

Which one? me too but a very specific one....  heterorhabditis nematode, they say they put these in the states not for any type of control (althought they will be the only ones alive) but for the sheer amount of nutrient cycling that species can do. 

But whose to know, I always wonder... if there are springtales in my system and its a sign of a healthy system, where did they come from? the diversity can explode just by adding EM throughout the soil food web. 

Maybe its time to get a scope 🌱

Exactly the same one, they do a great job of dealing with larva from fungus gnats & nutrient cycling as you mentioned. My indoor plants are healthy but last season outdoor was a nightmare with pests and the nematodes would of helped greatly. Let me know if you come across anyone selling it  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CG420za said:

Sounds like it might help, I will give it a try. Have a look at this

CLICK HERE - Beneficial Nematodes 

Edited by Marzcanna

4 hours ago, CG420za said:

That’s bb a type of fungus that paralyzes, and grows inside and threw many many insects. People say use in soil and foliar to control any aphids, thrips and I’m sure a lot of other insects

also linked to a few cases of human interaction and bad stories. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Fridge said:

@CoolJ, awesome I always wanted to get these and I have a bit of a thrips problem too. You didn't get these somewhere in the Helderberg area, did you? 

Not in Helderberg, was in Northern Suburbs, but I saw a few other stores on Facebook advertising. 

• Thanks 1