UltraSonic - New member

UltraSonic

Hello all,

I am a new member and very excited to have the opportunity to expand my knowledge base. My interest is predominantly from a medical and technology perspective.

Growing up I was taught that weed was really bad. My wife was diagnosed with cancer and the big investigation began, this is where cannabis entered my life. Six years later, I don't have a wife, but I'm hopefully a little wiser. All I can say is that we have been lied to, cheated by and unfairly been labeled by society, especially by those who don't have our best interests at heart.

My business is predominantly supplying a range of equipment to the polymer converting industry. One of the exciting possibilities is the extraction of oils using ultrasound. The positive is that it's very quick very clean and very effective. The negative is that it's expensive.

That's me in a nutshell

• Like 5

2 hours ago, UltraSonic said:

Hello all,

I am a new member and very excited to have the opportunity to expand my knowledge base. My interest is predominantly from a medical and technology perspective.

Growing up I was taught that weed was really bad. My wife was diagnosed with cancer and the big investigation began, this is where cannabis entered my life. Six years later, I don't have a wife, but I'm hopefully a little wiser. All I can say is that we have been lied to, cheated by and unfairly been labeled by society, especially by those who don't have our best interests at heart.

My business is predominantly supplying a range of equipment to the polymer converting industry. One of the exciting possibilities is the extraction of oils using ultrasound. The positive is that it's very quick very clean and very effective. The negative is that it's expensive.

That's me in a nutshell

Ay bud! welcome to the community!! 

terribly sorry to hear about the wife man... loss in any form is a real life melter .

tell us more about this ultrasound extraction method 😄

• Agree 2

Thanks to the responses and kind words, very much appreciated.

Ultrasonics is a method used in conjunction with glycerine to extract cannabinoids directly from dry plant material. These concentrates can be easily formulated in most cannabis infused product such as tinctures, vapes, lotions, baking/cooking etc. This method of extraction is superior in that the yield is significantly increased, while extraction time is decreased to minutes.

Due to the nature of the process there is no thermal degradation, which means a tastier end product with a high yield and high potency. The process also leads to stable emulsification for various product formulations.

As a comparison, the conventional cold process preparation of glycerine tincture would mean the buds would need to soak for approximately between 90-120 days to extract the active substances. This is very time consuming, but the advantage is that compounds such as THC, CBD, Terpenes etc will not be degraded by heat. Ultrasonic extraction is a NON THERMAL process which is carried out at room temp. Within a few minutes a complete extraction of the active compounds of Cannabis can be achieved without any thermal degradation. The Terpenes will not be effected due to no heat and this is why the end product will be much tastier.

Hope this explanation is adequate without me getting into the technicalities of Ultrasonic's.

21 hours ago, ORGANinc. said:

Greetings bud! Thank you for sharing your story!

Goods to have you here, wishing you all the blessings, peace and love the future will most certainly offer! 💚

Greetings to you to.

Thanks for the very warm welcome, appreciated, glad to be able to converse freely about something that has touched my heart in many ways. Hopefully I can make a meaningful contribution.

• Like 1