Draft Cannabis Master Plan

Prom

7 hours ago, Prom said:

There is currently no formal seed supply system for cannabis due to the fact that it is treated as an illegal commodity. Seed is currently obtained via informal markets and networks. This creates a regulatory challenge in that it is virtually impossible for government to regulate and guarantee the quality of seed that is traded. The farmers are therefore at risk of being sold poor quality seed with low germination percentages. The availability of seed as and when needed is a serious challenge for producers. The other option is to import seed from other countries, thereby incurring additional costs. This increases overall production costs for farmers.

Hmmm, sounds like someone wants a state-organised seed supplier 👀

The rest of the document is pretty spot on until I got to this part about the seeds. They are thoughtful enough to mention all the socio-economic implications and the high barrier to entry for small scale farmers but couldn't do a quick Google search to check all the many seed e-stores we have currently available? Fishy. 

I am happy and sad if this document is legit and being considered by members of parliament; because it is pretty solid but probably also being ignored by the ones that in the end need to make the decisions on the actual regulations 🙃

Hear that @Cannabist@Marijuana Seeds SA, Government thinks you're informal markets/networks. Tisk tisk. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Implementation of Pillar 1 - Effective regulatory system - signing off of the Private Purposes Bill into law. 

The Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural development invited a few stakeholders to a virtual meeting at 10am yesterday, they probably outlined the the aspects of the masterplan, seems nothing has changed, and plant counting is a go.

Pillar 4 - Producer Support Systems - bla bla bla about education and support for small scale/informal farmers (wonder how they going to support them while putting them in cuffs.) Suit up or be excluded.

• Agree 1

It does feel to me that they are still asleep at the wheel. 

This document treats our pre existing cannabis economy that's been developing faster than a wildfire asif it simply doesn't exist yet. 

They also seem to be quite clueless as to where our seeds are coming from...apparently the 1000 plus breeders across the globe don't know what they are doing... 

I can see the next chapter in the SA cannabis industry remaining a largely underground one:poke

• Like 4
  • Agree 4

I agree, is a easy read to understand... they have no clue how to actually tackle the topic.

2018 we got told in October 2020 the law for personal use must be ratified. In the timeframe now they have 2022/23 as date... so we can experience police confiscating seeds with customs for the next 2 years.

You get a bit the idea, who ever wrote that document, is very hard thinking how to delay all, as he/she isnt sure how to pull their own profit... yet.

Just let me open a coffee shop 😁 i guess you guys saw while reading, Amsterdam is in the list of countries.. who ever wrote the document, you find coffee shops also in de haag and other dutch cities. Netherlands... not Amsterdam, dude 🤪 

• Agree 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Prom said:

I agree, is a easy read to understand... they have no clue how to actually tackle the topic.

2018 we got told in October 2020 the law for personal use must be ratified. In the timeframe now they have 2022/23 as date... so we can experience police confiscating seeds with customs for the next 2 years.

You get a bit the idea, who ever wrote that document, is very hard thinking how to delay all, as he/she isnt sure how to pull their own profit... yet.

Just let me open a coffee shop 😁 i guess you guys saw while reading, Amsterdam is in the list of countries.. who ever wrote the document, you find coffee shops also in de haag and other dutch cities. Netherlands... not Amsterdam, dude 🤪 

And how exactly do you imagine the regulation would work regarding a coffee shop? Just from your understanding? 

33 minutes ago, Totemic said:

It does feel to me that they are still asleep at the wheel. 

This document treats our pre existing cannabis economy that's been developing faster than a wildfire asif it simply doesn't exist yet. 

They also seem to be quite clueless as to where our seeds are coming from...apparently the 1000 plus breeders across the globe don't know what they are doing... 

I can see the next chapter in the SA cannabis industry remaining a largely underground one:poke

Its unfortunate and definitely not the way people want to live. Maybe this High court application by haze club catches some traction.  

Same like for a bottle store... 

They just havent done anything on the private consumers act for 2.5 years... so not expecting a lot to move in 2021.

Declare, like the WHO did in January, Cannabis is not a dangerous drug anymore. Clean out the laws with Cannabis as hard drug and go with the European traffic rules in regard to THC. Why complicated? Work needs to get done and you get somewhere. Sitting and waiting... wont change anything. Right now... they sit and wait since 2018. But... at least full legelization seems very plausible.

Edited by Prom
typo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, GGG said:

Can't open file
emoji363.png

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Try through a web browser. Tapatalk struggles with files sometimes on this site. 

8 hours ago, Totemic said:

I have a feeling the government is going to make the sale of seeds by local breeders/seed banks only possible via registration and adherence to whatever made-up standards they come up with. Kinda like what they do with organic fertilisers, they will now just do with seeds. 

9 hours ago, Totemic said:

This. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1