Please advise: Is this Bud Rot??

This is my second grow, so I'm kinda still wet behind the ears😊... I started some Blue Dream, Outdoors, in the Ground, using a lil BioBizz nutrients along the way, and my ladies are well into flower...

We've recently has lots of wet weather in my area, and today, I found one of the buds looking a bit "off"...

I immediately thought it was bud rot, so I painfully cut it off😭, just in case... 

Is this "Bud Rot"?? (or did my inexperience get the better of me?)

How do I make sure non of the other buds get it?

All advice is appreciated...

✌️

Screenshot_2021-03-28-14-01-15-731_com.miui.gallery.jpg

@EvenSteven Thanks for the link bru, very informative...👍

After today's rains, I gave my ladies another look and found a couple more buds with signs of bud rot, so I got them removed as well...

Hopefully there's no more🤞, but I'll keep a close eye on them until harvest...

Thankfully there's a few more large colas for a decent harvest...

✌️

IMG_20210328_180240.jpg

• Like 1

After the rains... You must go gently shake off all the buds... The water will take many days to dry properly if you don't do this... Which gives ample opportunity to let the rot set in and all the water soluble scents that you can preserve with a few gentle shakes. 

• Like 2

Dude.. bud rot on a plant in a area of the Garden with limited sunshine and not much airflow I've found is a lost cause... Keep an eye out but if you see anny more buds succumbing to it... I'd harvest... 👌🌱

Best to find a spot now that you can see is optimal and keep it in mind for next season..

Other wize pots is best.. You can take your plant where it is optimal and take them into cover if need be..🌱

Edited by GreenGrow Garden Route
  • Like 2

Yip agree with everyone regarding this dreaded bastardo called bud rot. Bud rot is like rust on a car. By the time that you see it, it's already infiltrated most of the area. Every single outdoor grow i've had, bud rot had shown its ugly head about 2 weeks from harvest and every single time i have to harvest at least a week too early...unfortunately i can't relocate my plants due to privacy issues but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do! Harvest your plant asa fkn p because tomorrow it would've at least doubled its infiltration. I also would recommend wet trimming before drying and separating buds from stems if you have dense buds. Makes it much easier to spot any hidden infected areas. Good luck✌️

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, PapaSpliff said:

@Weskush Thanks for the advice👍

I got rid of what I could see today... Will keep an eye on it daily from now on. Hopefully they can pull through the last week or two🤞 But if I see any more bud rot in the next couple of days, I'm gonna give her the chop... 

Sterkte brother! Keep em dry and stay high!

• Like 1

@PapaSpliffdone and dusted. Chopped the entire plant. Luckily just a few rot spots that i removed. Colas as long as my forearm!Clipped the buds from the stem and out to dry as we speak. Glad that i detected and reacted early. Tomorrow or a couple of days later would've cost be at least a quarter of my harvest guaranteed!Bless up

• Like 3