Is this Ethical?

A lot of the bulk seed don't have pics hence seedbanks find a pic on google and use it. Same thing with the OP's reversed pic, same strain, same pic, just named differently. Yes, dont think its ethical when it's claimed it's bred in Cali or something like that.

We are also guilty of this when we started but wont be buying bulk seeds from overseas any more with the abundance of local seeds and us breeding our own.

The repacking of seeds is also another one, if one were to bx something like Seed Junky and you sell the seeds claiming they are from the breeder, you getting the genetics on paper but cost is a 10th of the price. The markups become insane.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 10:13 AM, Cannabist said:

The repacking of seeds is also another one, if one were to bx something like Seed Junky and you sell the seeds claiming they are from the breeder, you getting the genetics on paper but cost is a 10th of the price. The markups become insane.

This is where reputation comes in and the relationship between the seedbank and their clients.

Be honest, transparent and inform the client and all should be good. 

Seedbanks selling seeds and not giving the required freebies, poor customer service and changes without explanations make people suspect - especially when it comes to pricier seeds or limited runs etc.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thats where integrity street cred and past experiences come into play. I personally dont care what packaging my seeds come in. I have received seeds from around the world with alot of difficulty, but I trust the breeders I received from e.g Franco sent me Pure Kush seeds in banky, albeit they were branded bankys. 3 international breeders have used my pictures for their sale sites, no permission asked, absolute honour to me that they chose my pictures and shared them. About 2 months ago I was roadtrippin, went into a store, browsing around, saw a book, picked it up, spent some time flippin through pictures, bang one of my pictures featured. I never received a dime for the work, or even a free book as promised, but it was a good feeling seeing your hard work acknowledged in some way. To have a book publisher or breeder use my pictures, is an absolute honour, go for it. Copy left. Have you guys ever heard the coffee mug story, blah blah, its not the mug but he coffee itself, its in the beans brothers, not the packaging.

GoldCrown-Frame-Malawi-Gold-01.jpg

Edited by Chris Jay
  • Like 1

This is actually an interesting post made by Reeferman on FB about 30 minutes ago, from the perspective of a breeder. Same happened to me here, guys shredding nguni during the massive postal strike several years ago, resent orders twice sometimes, one guy recommending not to buy from nguni and had never bought from nguni himself!!!!!  I actually still have a returned seed order, in the envelope, looking forward to opening it one day.

Hey all I wanted to address something here
I have had a issue with someone taking advantage of the deal I do for everyone
I am not a seed bank I am a breeder .
To share and get feedback from time
To time I share my seeds at 25% over wholesale.
So less than 50% of what the distributors charge .
I almost exclusively send the seeds by regular mail .
At times I am horribly tardy shipping seeds when I am working I get called away and distracted, since covid this is not the case and usually stuff goes out in 12/24 hours or my next trip to town as most will tell you I am always super generous and send extra stuff .
So this guy who I had never dealt with before ask me for some stuff he needed something I had to get from another site so it took me three days to get out one of the strains is not only list .
So he says the seeds never arrived I had a pack to NS sent the same time that were lagging but turned up .
Right away he asks for cash back not a resend that is a red light but I thought good enough I sent another pack and I thought it was a fluke have benefit of it being Canada post , as the other more that Dozen landed all over Canada and us I send regular mail again .
I tell everyone reg shipping is free and he never paid to ship so I send again except the time he said he wanted Romulan I happen to have a Romulan s1 made from next generation stock that needed to be used so i gave him a free pack .
He says it never arrived several other Ontario packs arrived sent the same day he had also asked about wholesale seeds right around the time all the others in Ontario got there seeds .
So I thought we must be good , weirdly as I was sending the second pack he said I ordered your seeds from the UK so does not matter when they arrive .
I thought to myself great he wanted to justify having my stock I bet he will say he never got pack 2 .But decided I should not think poorly of people and sure as shit .
He decided he didn’t want the wholesale stock and says I want my money back you never sent a tracking number .Guys 1/12 people in Canada pay $25 for express I pay and we loose almost zero and certainly not two packs to the same address .
Now in a slick Gypsy like fashion he attacks me on the forums .
So I stand out 2 shipments plus express because this guy has no integrity I sent a third package today I actually couldn’t give a shit about the seeds it’s the fact i saw this coming been at this a few years.
Ironically these will most likely be the last seeds I ever sell as the company will be online soon .
I spend my online time here so I thought I would share this here .
Guys like this spoil the trust in the community and the way he handled it says it all about him .

Edited by Chris Jay
  • Like 1