Does anyone know what this is on my plant?

Keegan

looks like some kind of bug damage. likely whitefly or thrips damage. 

you are going to need some neem oil or pyrol .

and by the looks of it you should pick up a bottle of nutrients while you are at the nursery.

what strain are you growing there?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Aweh, from the photo those white marks look like thrip damage to me. There is also some sign of leaf borer but they are ok in small numbers.

What have you got for pest management?

Pyrol or neem will work for the thrips.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Oh I just got bio neem on Sunday I wasn't sure it was safe though for when it is in flower which it has just started, also the application method for it and how much must I give the plant.

Hmmm in the first few weeks (3 at most) of flowering it SHOULD be fine, but ideally you should refrain from spraying your plants that are in full bloom. Just follow instructions as on the bottle, but dilute to quarter strength initially and see if that works. If not, make halve strength the next dosage. There are more natural ways to prevent this in future by planting companion plants and other organic methods (such as garlic and vinegar mixtures, etc.) that you can find online that won't have a negative effect on your buds😉

Oh ok thank I wasn't sure  If I had to spray it on the leaves or if I just had to pour it into the soil, thanks. I'll spay it when I get home from work. Do you have any fertilizers that you recommend that are easy to come by at like the hardware shop for budding plants cause I have two other big plants that are flowering right now.

• Like 1

To add to that, Basil is a good option (just go get a plant or two at a nursery):

"The basil’s strong scent makes it ideal for camouflaging the smell of cannabis plants. This feature also repels common garden pests such as beetles, flies, aphids, and thrips. Growing basil as a companion plant increases oil production and resin content of the buds harvested."

And apparently ladybugs are a natural predator to thrips - how to obtain them though....🤣 

Basically, aside from Neem oil and soap water (another organic method available - but with a lot of effort - and not referring to your average dishwash liquid or bath soap), the above is your best options I guess? If you DO have the time, wrapping your soil in a plastic bag up to the stem (so the plant do not get overwatered), you can rinse each leaf off daily with water. And of course, stick fly paper may help to keep them away as well🙂

5 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Oh ok thank I wasn't sure  If I had to spray it on the leaves or if I just had to pour it into the soil, thanks. I'll spay it when I get home from work. Do you have any fertilizers that you recommend that are easy to come by at like the hardware shop for budding plants cause I have two other big plants that are flowering right now.

Yes, spray, or to be more exact mist the leaves🙂. As for fertilizer, that would depend which soil your using and if it already came with fertilizer (which most do if it were bought). For example, if you are using fertilized soil from Just Cannabis, then no other fertilizer is necessary. If not, a liquid fertilizer additive to your soil should suffice (if the soil your using already contains fertilizer, which to me it seems it does). Here are some information on liquid fertilizers:

https://www.leafly.com/news/growing/using-liquid-fertilizer-to-feed-cannabis-plants

BioGrow also has a range of liquid fertilizers to look at😉

Good info @Marijuana Seeds SA!

Only thing I will add change is neem is suseptable to heat and light... So only spray very very early morning, at least an hour before any direct sun... Or late afternoon when it's already cooling down and no more direct sunlight. 

Also, I would go in at the low end of recommended strength... Which is I think 10-20ml per litre, so 10ml... If you make it too weak the solution won't be as effective 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Thanks, I'll look into it, I actually just have some basil seedling that I planted in a bag near it so  I might just put them in this bag with her.

No need to plant the Basil with your girl (they might end up fighting for nutrients), just putting the Basil bag next to your girl should be good enough (the scent of Basil is strong enough to serve its purpose)😁

27 minutes ago, Keegan said:

The ferts you said you have are unfortunately not ideal for fast growing plants like weed... The time it takes to break down the food into usable elements will just take too long... A liquid fert is better. 

On a budget, seagrow and nitrisol are champ and you can get it almost everywhere. 

Otherwise check out the biobizz range of liquid ferts... Pricy... But oh so good

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Keegan said:

Oh I also have two worm farms, is it recommended to use the tea that they produce on Cannabis trees? I wasn't sure on its NPK ratio and when it should be used.

Worm tea can definately be used on cannabis. The NPK ratio will depend on what the worms are fed, so will vary greatly. As per the interweb the general NPK seems to be 1-0-0, its true value is as micro innoculant.

I normally use my tea as a general plant tonic and microbial innoculant at 50/50 dilution with water. It contains many macro/micro nutrients, humic and vulvic acids-all round its great for your plants.

Edited by Bos
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1