Gnomo auto struggle

Criptoe

I have never used the builders coco, could be something iffy with that coco.

Did you buffer it? Rinse it after buffering it?

It may be worthwhile getting some explogro or trichoderma to use when planting the seed, these can help prevent damping off and some other diseases.

I have never killed a seedling from overwatering, I feel it is easier to kill a seedling from underwatering as everyone on forums always goes on about how not to overwater. I know I was making this mistake when I first started growing and was letting my plants dry out too much in general, never killed any plants but certainly lead to stunted growth.

It may be easier for you to purchase some ready made coco - BioLeaf, Freedom Farms and Gold Line all seem pretty decent. Goldline has no perlite in it, you could add a  bit if you wanted to but not needed.

1 minute ago, PsyCLown said:

I have never used the builders coco, could be something iffy with that coco.

Did you buffer it? Rinse it after buffering it?

It may be worthwhile getting some explogro or trichoderma to use when planting the seed, these can help prevent damping off and some other diseases.

I have never killed a seedling from overwatering, I feel it is easier to kill a seedling from underwatering as everyone on forums always goes on about how not to overwater. I know I was making this mistake when I first started growing and was letting my plants dry out too much in general, never killed any plants but certainly lead to stunted growth.

It may be easier for you to purchase some ready made coco - BioLeaf, Freedom Farms and Gold Line all seem pretty decent. Goldline has no perlite in it, you could add a  bit if you wanted to but not needed.

Im thinking the same thing in regards to the coco being abit iffy from builders. I did not buffer the coco, did not even know that was a thing until this morning. Ordered some buffered coco from hydroponics.  

Will most definitely also get some explogro or trichoderma.

On saying that the double choc is looking WAAAAYYYY better then it was this morning. Definitely a underwatering issue.   

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-09 at 11.10.38.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Criptoe said:

Im thinking the same thing in regards to the coco being abit iffy from builders. I did not buffer the coco, did not even know that was a thing until this morning. Ordered some buffered coco from hydroponics.  

Will most definitely also get some explogro or trichoderma.

On saying that the double choc is looking WAAAAYYYY better then it was this morning. Definitely a underwatering issue.   

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-09 at 11.10.38.jpeg

To help keep the seedling up, you could use some twist ties, paper clip or even toothpicks to help support it.

They can all be stuck in the coco and then positioned so that the seedling leans against that and is not on the floor.

Hopefully she pulls through and survives, but being an auto any stunting can lead to decreased yield. Photoperiods are generally better for beginners to start with - if there is a mistake or two, you have time to correct it before flowering the plant and can still obtain a decent yield.

• Like 2

Not fun loosing plants. Drop us a pm, we have a pack of mixed autos we can't sell due to being lost over a year ago and found in our store room this week, can't garentee they will germinate but pretty sure they will. Happy to donate them. Think it's mixed autos from 00 seeds.

• Like 2

@PsyCLown Hey hey, No it did not manage to pull through, ended up culling it as it was slowly turning yellow, buffered coco arrived and testing out some bag seed. Never seen any of my seedlings thrive like this so it was just soil and lack of knowledge about the soil etc.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 12:28 AM, Cannabist said:

Not fun loosing plants. Drop us a pm, we have a pack of mixed autos we can't sell due to being lost over a year ago and found in our store room this week, can't garentee they will germinate but pretty sure they will. Happy to donate them. Think it's mixed autos from 00 seeds.

Thats a solid offer @Criptoe 🙂  Nice one @Cannabist 😎 
In the beginning (when I was learning 'more' 😄 Because I am still learning every day and grow 😛 ) I just practised with a lot of bag seed, and that really helped me with the big mistakes. Then I bought some seeds 🙂