Gnomo auto struggle

Criptoe

Hey guys! Newbie here!

I recently had some luck germing some bag seed indoor and thought I would invest in a auto

Got a gnomo auto 

The seed poked out the soil on monday, Tuesday the still had his shell on, very gently poked the shell off and the membrane stayed on the seedling, Moistened the seedling and after about 5 minutes I gently removed the membrane with sanitized hands. 

As of now (20:15) The seedling does not look too happy. 

It is not lying flat it has abit of upward strength but the leaves (Forget the name) are still not opening up about 24/30 hours after removing the membrane 

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-03 at 19.51.59 (1).jpeg

when it comes to autos @Prom is your man, so take any suggestions you get, 

from what I can see though, that soil looks a bit too wet and you mentioned you wet it when removing the seed hat. when popping seeds straight into soil just put like 20ml of water at the sight of planted seed and put a dome over. don't water again, at all, untill she's standing. once she's up and drank up that bit you gave you can give a little but only like 40/50ml then. 

easy to have a seedling rot on you cause too much water, too much "love". 

not a must to have perlite, but it would surely help with drainage and drying out the medium. 

• Agree 1

Coco not my territory 😁 @CreX and @PsyCLown might have better input. First three weeks, autos and photos do about the same.

And no need to say sorry ^^ I was just curious to have a clear look in what you planted that youngster 😊

Plant it 1cm deeper next time, should get rid of the husk by itself. 

• Like 1

What coco is it that you are using BTW?

Try again, make sure the light is not too close to the seedling as well. Also a seedling does not have a fully developed root system yet, so you do want to be careful not to drown it and at the same time be careful not to let the medium dry out too quickly.

In 20L pots, I usaully add roughly 200ml or so of water to the around where the seed is and the surrounding area (not the entire 20L pot) and then once it has started to show the first true leaves then I will start slowly keep the rest of the medium damp.

Coco holds a lot of water, with perlite less so and perlite helps add some aeration. Nothing wrong with using 100% coco though.

I do not baby my plants, no humidity dome for my seedlings, they go straight into the veg tent which generally has higher RH due to the other plants already in there.

On 3/5/2021 at 1:47 PM, PsyCLown said:

What coco is it that you are using BTW?

Try again, make sure the light is not too close to the seedling as well. Also a seedling does not have a fully developed root system yet, so you do want to be careful not to drown it and at the same time be careful not to let the medium dry out too quickly.

In 20L pots, I usaully add roughly 200ml or so of water to the around where the seed is and the surrounding area (not the entire 20L pot) and then once it has started to show the first true leaves then I will start slowly keep the rest of the medium damp.

Coco holds a lot of water, with perlite less so and perlite helps add some aeration. Nothing wrong with using 100% coco though.

I do not baby my plants, no humidity dome for my seedlings, they go straight into the veg tent which generally has higher RH due to the other plants already in there.

The coco im using is the coco from builders. Just lost the double chocolate. Going to have to try something else. Not sure why im losing seedlings left right and centre. The soil in the image looks dried but it was moist below the surface. 

Watered the day prior

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-09 at 07.35.57.jpeg

Okay! update, seems like every hour it gets enough strength to stiffen up. Im adding small items beneath the tweezer to bring it up abit. Seems like the chances of survival are there. 

Note to remember for myself, im either over watering and killing the poor things or im underwatering and killing the poor things XD lesson learnt

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Prom said:

Dont repot autos! Put the seed right into the final pot... i use 10L pots. If the auto is a fast grower, 20L pots.

Only LST during veg and leave them be during flower. Defoil during veg ok, during flower not!

Ah crap didn't realise it was an auto, yup agree leave in one pot I also go with 10l.

@Prom I have a feeling when I pulled the gnomo's membrane off I was not as gentle as I thought I was and I disturbed the tap root too much. It was not planted deep enough. Thats just from my assumption. I did try to save it but I ended up doing more harm then good.

Im going to start a grow diary for this double choc once im happy that its making a comeback. 

Then Steven was very much correct.. start photos in small pots. Way easier to maintain humidity... and if you fear dry climate, put a moisture dome on and leave it on till the leaves reach the outside of the dome.... they dont need much light at the start. Once they are veg state, put light on veg distance... around 400 to 600 micro mol PAR 

Edited by Prom
since when can i speak english? ;)

5 minutes ago, Prom said:

Then Steven was very much correct.. start photos in small pots. Way easier to maintain humidity... and if you fear dry climate, put a mousture dome on and leave it on till the leave reach the outside of the dome.... they dont need much light at the start. Once they are veg state, put light on veg distance... around 400 to 600 micro mol PAR 

I will definitely remember this for future, Thanks guys!

4 minutes ago, Criptoe said:

@Prom I have a feeling when I pulled the gnomo's membrane off I was not as gentle as I thought I was and I disturbed the tap root too much. It was not planted deep enough. Thats just from my assumption. I did try to save it but I ended up doing more harm then good.

Im going to start a grow diary for this double choc once im happy that its making a comeback. 

Put the seeds about 1.5cm deep... i use a drinking straw to punch the right dept and drop my popped bean in. Gentle water and put the moisture dome on. Avoid touching the seedling with your fingers, use tweezers to handle it, works best. Keep around 25 degrees and avoid fluctuations in temp and humidity. Once the leaves reach the outside of the pot, time to repot.