Budget Grow lights

lloyd81

3 minutes ago, Sticks said:

Sweet! Thanks dude, the modular aspect is most certainly a win in my books.

It's definitely a win. I'm going to add the 2 new ones to my old ones and can spread them out evenly.

The lights at end of life can be refurbished instead of replacing it. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Multiple quantum boards can be seen as modular in the sense that one can adjust their height individually, like I do in my tents with multiple 240W lights.

@stick you can also dim the 240W light if need be. Would work well in such an area, give you extra height too which could be useful in a shorter space like yours.

Save up and get a proper light. It'll be worth it.
Gives you time to do some research too I guess.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

That's the only down side of the Modugrow that there's no dimmer but I just disconnect 1 from the other. 

20 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Multiple quantum boards can be seen as modular in the sense that one can adjust their height individually, like I do in my tents with multiple 240W lights.

@stick you can also dim the 240W light if need be. Would work well in such an area, give you extra height too which could be useful in a shorter space like yours.

Save up and get a proper light. It'll be worth it.
Gives you time to do some research too I guess.

You know, growing weed is supposed to teach one patience...and saving up is going to take a while.

About the height, yes that was another advantage of the QBs that attracted me to it.

Thanks a lot for the advice, mate. 

22 minutes ago, CoolJ said:

It's definitely a win. I'm going to add the 2 new ones to my old ones and can spread them out evenly.

The lights at end of life can be refurbished instead of replacing it. 

Ah yes, that refurbishing option also definitely a plus.

Guess ill save up and assess my options when I'm ready.

Thank you, dude.

In terms of refurbishment, not exactly the same although best to try compare apples to apples.

One can simply replace the Qb288 (the board with the diodes on them) on a Quantum Board light. One does not need to replace the entire light, you can then continue to reuse the heatsink, power supply, dimmer, hanging equipment etc.

Just providing you with info, the choice is yours end of the day. Both options will be great between the Modugrow lights and quantum boards and I believe the Modugrow also use Lm301b diodes so performance would be similar watt for watt.

One thing you want to avoid is those shitty lights without a proper heatsink, they just have an aluminium plate and are very thin. Not ideal for heat dissipation.
Having the power supply mounted to the light is also not ideal for heat dissipation.
Heat will cause the diodes to degrade quicker and provide less output.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Sticks said:

Opinions on the 240w QB from Light It Up?

Those are solid lights. Like you I wanted to upgrade from shitty old tech lights and bit the bullet and bought a 240 QB from @Light It Up. They did such magic to my grow that I somma bought another one for my other tent. You won't be disappointed dude. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Wow 1