Winter grow

StonerZN

I heard that vegging plants inside and bringing them outside once you want them to flower works, too in winter. But I still need to try that.

Edit: @CreX re-reading your suggestion, I see that's what you meant by needing an indoor setup, right?

Edited by Fridge
  • Like 1

yea pretty much.

if you are doing photos, then you would need an indoor setup to increase the daylight hours. Nothing fancy really... but its gonna cost you, where as you could rather use the moola for decent genetics

if its Autos, then you can just leave them outside pretty much

• Like 1

Currently I extend daylight hours for a Deluxe Sugar Cane clone, I got from @SkunkPharm. We aren't yet in winter, but it would obviously start to flower if I wouldn't give it 6 hours extra under a small floodlight. In two weeks I'll stop giving it extra light and let the sun do it's thing. I am curious how that one turns out.IMG_20210226_113601.thumb.jpg.555033306672e3a02a0c3e63a5cc7a76.jpg

• Like 2

How about just getting a light right above the plant outside? No need to bring it in, many flood lights are waterproof, you can mount it easy as pie. put it on a timer. 

probably will end up having some parts of the plant still pushing pistils early, but will surely keep the plant in veg till you take the light away. 

• Like 1

@Fridge

I see man, well then let me help kick off the pro's and con's list of the options mentioned by @CreX get photos with the bit of extra physical labour from carrying in and out every day and a possibility of a normal harvest. 

or get autos, harvest a little less

How about @StonerZN you got any other plants outside, or might that option work for you?

• Like 1

I actually have an led floodlight outside shining on them every night all night. 2 plants flowering merrily under it... think it may be too far away to do any good.

Was hoping for bigger photos as my autos run didnt really yield much (Still have some autos to run and waiting on delivery of some kief Totemic seeds to add to the pile!

Looks like I may need to think of a small veg tent or something in the garage to get the growth up a bit. Then take them outside to flower.

Thanks a lot for the feedback and comments folks

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 2/26/2021 at 9:39 AM, StonerZN said:

Hi all.

So... Seems flowering season is upon us... 

I take it there isnt much point in planting for OUTDOORS any time soon. Yet I see people talk about winter grows and so on...

If I want a winter grow when do I start? And how to stop plants starting to flower to soon? 

Daylight hours now = 12:48 . March 1 -11:42 . May 1. 10:43. Veg inside for 5 weeks then carry them outside to finish. 

• Like 2

I planted 6 autos on saturday morning.

3 into pots:

2 Grapefruitmatic (420)

1 auto ultimate power plant (victory)

3 into the ground:

2 auto ultimate p...

1 grapefr...

complete noob figuring things out by study, application and failure.

have an excellent and ever expanding knowledge of what does not work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1