TROPHY SEEDSL BANK

SoloKush

@Wulf sacred seeds rocks and so does Merlin! Just wish their stock would arrive and I wouldn't have had to purchase from others.. 

So guys on the fastbuds website they have a list of distributors here in SA, Bud buddies, Tight buds, biltong and buds, sacred seeds, trophy seeds , whats your thoughts , I know biltongandbudz and sacred seeds are legit and have dealt with them Trophy ive had this current bad batch.. but they are listed by fastbuds and so shouldn't all of them be legit safe to order from ?

• Like 1

I bought some seeds from Trophy seeds for my next run. Never used them before and mostly rely on Biltong and Budz. I will attempt to pop the following...

In house - Twisted helix

Garden of Green - Girl Scout Cookies

G13 Labs - Raw Diesel.

These were available as singles as I rather like singles over the more expensive 3 or 5 packs. I truly hope they don't sell aged stock but only time will tell.

Will give an update after germination in a couple of weeks time. :poke

Hey guys so I got a response from fastbuds themselves about my bad batch of seeds from TROPHY SEEDS.. This is what Jerry has to say.. :

I did a screem shot of his email and posted it below.. 

Now this is what I call EXCELLENT FUCKING SERVICE MAN! WOW I am honestly very impressed and happy , guys if time is not an issue don't hesitate to order directly from fastbuds as they quite often have double your seed promos (ive bought twice) yes the delivery is slow 2 to 3months but their customer service is next to non..

Screenshot_20210223-100032_Gmail.jpg

• Like 2

Always contact the breeder. Just tell them the purchase history and what happened. This was the response I received for 5/10 germination from Dark Horse Genetics.

1.jpg.09732bcb7d1a81e993d993e9ca6d776e.jpg

2.jpg.5855e762d7b1d24a050c0e6afdceb4c0.jpg

I recently bought 3 packs of ripper seeds from biltongnbudz. The germination rate was 3/3  O.M.G , 1/3 Braincake and 0/1 Chempie. That sucked. I can't blame biltongnbudz for a sealed pack of seeds, not germinating. But I can email ripper seeds explaining where I purchased the seeds and what happened, and politely ask for replacements. 4/7 is not the worst so I probably wont. I can work with 4. The free gorilla girl seed from sweet seeds also didnt sprout. The R40 Napalese is cheapest seed on biltongnbudz and is kicking ripper girls asses. Dairy on this feminized cross coming soon..

20210202_181207.thumb.jpg.87610fff9df1c1749105c36ca58d6b48.jpg

• Like 2

Hey guys an update from fastbuds..

So ... Fastbuds are currently not shipping seeds to South Africa atm.. we are no longer on their website list of countries that they ship to. Hope they change this real soon.. and if you go to checkout there is no South Africa on the list to choose!

BUT Jerry will ship my replacement out to me anyway 😃😁😎🤓 

• Like 1

i have a 30 seeds shipment on the run with Jerry, no stealth, fully declared THC seeds, testing what will happen. Just in accordance with the law. Checking what customs do and if they let it pass, Fastbuds will limit max orders to SA to 30 seeds but ship official.

Post office just useless... 3 to 4 months those mailing easy take till delivery... not sure that slow service you can call a mail service 🤪

• Like 4

@Prom is Jerry sending your 30seed parcel through Correos their normal way of sending? 

Have you spoken to him about using a different international courier one that is more quick like FedEx or DHL or Tnt or some other top courier ? 

I am waiting a response on 2 different issues with him so don't wana bombard him with a 3rd email till I get a response on the 2 issues

about 18 months ago I got a whoooole bunch of seeds from Trophy, all singles shipped in little round tin containers with Trophy lables on and with breeder and strain names written in pen, each seed individually packed in a small plastic container. So no breeder packaging, but I guess cause they where all singles... at first I was pissed about not getting the original packaging, popped the seeds had 100% germ and the strains was definitly what it said on the lables... Had a whole bunch of different breeders aswell. Dutch passion, barneys farm, seeds man and others and I got 2 different Ethos strains. You could clearly see the difference in quality of breeder aswell.

Guess I was just lucky.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SoloKush said:

@Prom is Jerry sending your 30seed parcel through Correos their normal way of sending? 

Have you spoken to him about using a different international courier one that is more quick like FedEx or DHL or Tnt or some other top courier ? 

I am waiting a response on 2 different issues with him so don't wana bombard him with a 3rd email till I get a response on the 2 issues

Normal mail, the idea is to see what customs do with the shipment. Is fully declared and a paper inside, free samples. After the draft... that is legal. Lets see...

• Like 3

I thought just to be fair, I'll also share my experiences. Trophy seeds is one of my go to seed banks. I ordered more than 30 seeds and they all popped. The only time something went wrong was when they sent me an Original Amnesia photo seed instead of the auto version. I always wanted to grow the photo version, so I am ok with that.

I think many South African vendors have a disclaimer that they won't take responsibility if the seed shouldn't germinate.

I think many South African vendors have a disclaimer that they won't take responsibility if the seed shouldn't germinate.

And there lies the difference.
A lot of overseas brands also don't take responsibility as well being that it's a seed, but they make provisions if and when a customer has a problem - such as replacing them, giving the customer a discount or free seeds on the next order (personal experience). Mjssa operates in a similar manner

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Experienced.. wouldn't say so. I just like to know what works and what doesn't. When the law said unlimited seeds.. I ordered 11 strains a 10 seeds from fastbuds.. then they changed the draft ^^ and my order got confiscated. Now we check what works, before Jerry sends the rest 😂 Their work is a bit useless.. as at the end.. you get your seeds.. they just waste more CO2 on wasted transport. And as the WHO took Cannabis off the list for dangerous drugs, I am willed to go head to head with a judge 😒 because now they just restrict my liberties as a individual. Cannabis is important for my personal well being and quality of life. 👌

Edited by Prom
typo
  • Like 6

The seed stores are basically resellers. They sell you the genetics they brought into the country. Its not exactly legal. I had the same issue with seeds I got from B&B. 4 of 10 came up. Luckily one was male. Did a small seed run and now I have hundreds of fresh seeds. No need to buy shit any more. If you do seeds once you will be hooked to the process. You don't need to start a new seed bank with the seeds just enough to keep you going. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SkunkPharm said:

The seed stores are basically resellers. They sell you the genetics they brought into the country. Its not exactly legal. I had the same issue with seeds I got from B&B. 4 of 10 came up. Luckily one was male. Did a small seed run and now I have hundreds of fresh seeds. No need to buy shit any more. If you do seeds once you will be hooked to the process. You don't need to start a new seed bank with the seeds just enough to keep you going. 

I feel once I've isolated some mothers I'm totally going to mix up some strains. Levels :-greenthumb

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Every 'single' seed I have purchased from trophy seeds has been a failure

I like variety and enjoyed the option of buying single seeds.

But they either didnt germinate or died off within a week or so.

All my other seeds have been fine (except one that died from heat stress when i started growing)

Two orders of over 10 seeds, one 15 cm plant to show for it.

10% success rate

I probably would have been less bummed had the response from trophy been a bit more..... professional?

I understand we are working with a living product and all but clearly there is a intermittent problem somewhere, some seem to have good success and some like me seem to get it bad.

I used RO water to germinate

Methods used

Fast buds approved method

Then jiffy method

And paper towel

Soil - freedom farm PO and RO water during seedling stage with tiny amounts of first feed for roots.

The seeds that did germinate all had a pinch along the root regardless of the method used.

My seeds not from trophy (seedsman and sweet seeds) all shot up nicely and grew/growing well

I dont know.... very weird for me

1 hour ago, burrrito said:

Every 'single' seed I have purchased from trophy seeds has been a failure

I like variety and enjoyed the option of buying single seeds.

But they either didnt germinate or died off within a week or so.

All my other seeds have been fine (except one that died from heat stress when i started growing)

Two orders of over 10 seeds, one 15 cm plant to show for it.

10% success rate

I probably would have been less bummed had the response from trophy been a bit more..... professional?

I understand we are working with a living product and all but clearly there is a intermittent problem somewhere, some seem to have good success and some like me seem to get it bad.

I used RO water to germinate

Methods used

Fast buds approved method

Then jiffy method

And paper towel

Soil - freedom farm PO and RO water during seedling stage with tiny amounts of first feed for roots.

The seeds that did germinate all had a pinch along the root regardless of the method used.

My seeds not from trophy (seedsman and sweet seeds) all shot up nicely and grew/growing well

I dont know.... very weird for me

Eish bummer dude. Maybe the single seeds just happen to be older than the seeds that come in the breeder set packs. Just the first thing that comes to mind.

Found this thread and just wanted to add my 2c. 

Went to a seed drop at a very reputable growshop in Blouberg CPT, My GF got Osama Bin Gelato AUTO and I got a Simba Seed Critical + (both free seeds).

The Gelato flowered very very fast and did not yield much at all. The smell was also very grassy and fresh grass type of smell. And I just cut the Citical + out of my tent for turning hermie. I am now mega pissed because I run a 2 x plant setup and I am fearful my Lemon Pie might have been pollinated as the budding rate has decreased and some pistols are going red. 

• 1 month later...

On the topic on customs and seeds I think they are as confused as to what to do or some of the officials at the local branches are "repossessing" our seeds. My Seedsman order got confiscated by Customs at the Cape Mail hub in April. My order had about 20 seeds, all seeds were CBD seeds with invoice and everything. 

Their reason was that the cross border movement of cannabis seeds is prohibited and I would need a phytosanitary certificate. 

However there is nothing on the SARS website that says anything about cannabis seeds being a prohibited item, let alone CBD seeds?! And phytosanitary certificates are more for bulk buys for distribution.

I tried to challenge it and even called SARS Customer service who agreed with me on my right to buy cannabis/hemp seeds. However the Capemail guys were adamant that it was illegal and I was somehow violating the Drug Trafficking Act, which is BS. 

AFAIK the customs official probably just took the seeds home for her own personal use. 

On 4/19/2021 at 11:14 AM, Nibiru said:

Found this thread and just wanted to add my 2c. 

Went to a seed drop at a very reputable growshop in Blouberg CPT, My GF got Osama Bin Gelato AUTO and I got a Simba Seed Critical + (both free seeds).

The Gelato flowered very very fast and did not yield much at all. The smell was also very grassy and fresh grass type of smell. And I just cut the Citical + out of my tent for turning hermie. I am now mega pissed because I run a 2 x plant setup and I am fearful my Lemon Pie might have been pollinated as the budding rate has decreased and some pistols are going red. 

President Seeds...'nough said🙁