TROPHY SEEDSL BANK

SoloKush

Hey Guys...

So I ordered 20 Strawberrypie from Trophy..

Only 6 out of the 20 germed properly, I have had a 97.5% to 100% germ rate withbfastbuds seeds so far and I have germed a shit load of them..

14 seeds were clearly duds as the other 6 are perfect.. I also germed afew big buddha cheese autos and afew gorilla cookies fastbuds and all germed..

So these 14 are clearly duds..

This is their response:

Hi there. We are just the logistics department in charge of packaging and sending out parcels. We don't have grow experience but what we do know is that seeds are not guaranteed. As with anything in nature it unfortunately cannot be guaranteed. From our side Seeds are kept in the right condition for storage (temperature and humidity as well as away from sunlight and everything that is required) there are millions of factors that could have contributed to what happened.

Well I'm frustrated at this.. any suggestions?

I had 2 seeds out of 5 from sacred seeds that didn't germinate and they offered to replace those seeds with absolutely no issue.. no that is excellent service..

So am quite disappointed with Nico with this..

Guys pls beware and speak with the seedbank before ordering.. 

3k seeds down the drain 😨

20210221_082756.jpg

20210221_082741.jpg

• Sad 1

Hey bro, sorry to hear about your issues. 

I had a similar experience when I bought from marijuana s.a...except they gave me store credit to replace the seeds that didn't pop.

I think this should be the gold standard, if your seeds don't pop they shuld be replaced!

@Prom they don't want to replace, Nico said that there's no guarantee on seeds, pathetic response in my opinion..

I suggest everyone STAY AWAY FROM TROPHY SEEDS AND DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM.. unless you have no other choice..

Service from them is mediocre anyway..

Oh well you live and you learn every day..

@Wulf yeah there should be a standard like if a couple seeds out of a 10pack don't germ that can be acceptable but if 7 or more seeds don't germ and the other 3 did then clearly those 7 were inferior seeds and should be replaced or like you said be given store credit.. 

That's a rough one@SoloKush.
Too many companies these days refuse to bear the responsibility of faulty products wether they be manufactured or live that they stock. Easy way of getting rid of old stock or a batch they know to be faulty.

Your experience is precisely why I'm scared to order online.
Due to covid-19 our small company has been closed since February last year and looking like we'll have to final curtain call in the next few months. Events industry hey.
So my wife and myself have decided to go online with our nursery, events hire and a grow related department.
My wife has a good name in the industry after 13 years of stella service second to none.
What we've learnt is that after sales service is more important than the sale and make sure you have suppliers who will back you up.

So to restore your faith in the supply chain be it a corporate or a start up I would like to offer you some beans.
I've got a couple of Barney's Farm Violator Kush and some local breeders feminized and regular seeds to soften the blow.

I'm Cape Town based so if you up county maybe share courier fees.

PM me if you keen.
Keep the faith brother, keep the faith.

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Look I can see how people can abuse such a system where one gets their seeds replaced if they didn't pop.

So with me, I decided to take pics, documenting the way I germinated my seeds.

The guys at MSA actually have a germination procedure they want you to follow and if your seeds don't pop using their method then they give u store credit.

They basically use "the soak ur seeds and place in a paper towel method"

Edited by Wulf

4 minutes ago, DamDave said:

What we've learnt is that after sales service is more important than the sale and make sure you have suppliers who will back you up

Golden words!!! After sales service is what retains the customer and more than that, there is no better advertising then word of mouth, so a happy customer will refer others and an unhappy one can potentially ruin your reputation.

@DamDave wow dude! Here I was thinking God stopped production on human beings like urself, truly I take my hat off to you :-bow

• Agree 2

38 minutes ago, SoloKush said:

@Prom they don't want to replace, Nico said that there's no guarantee on seeds, pathetic response in my opinion..

I suggest everyone STAY AWAY FROM TROPHY SEEDS AND DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM.. unless you have no other choice..

Service from them is mediocre anyway..

Oh well you live and you learn every day..

@Wulf yeah there should be a standard like if a couple seeds out of a 10pack don't germ that can be acceptable but if 7 or more seeds don't germ and the other 3 did then clearly those 7 were inferior seeds and should be replaced or like you said be given store credit.. 

I take 20% loss.. over 20% i tell the seed bank and till now, Nivana or Fastbuds, my only complains, replaced without any argument. 

• Like 1

@DamDave hey man really sorry to hear about your company, covid has taken a huge toll on alot of good ppl! Wish you and the wife the best with your online venture.. mayb send us a link when your active and we can check it out , spread the word as best as we can..

Thank you for your kind offer , really kind of you! But I'm only doing autos ATM or would have taken you upon it. We need more good people like you.. I'd like to reciprocate and offer you a 3pack of lemonpie from fastbuds if you'd like ? I'm in durban so if your willing to pay for courier its yours.. ive got a good stock of autos on hand just not my favorite strain strawberrypie:(

And yeah your could not be more correct after sales service IS EVERYTHING!!

So far best service I've got from sacred seeds for seeds and hydroponic.co.za for gear , well for me anyway.. cheers man

@Wulf i too 1st soak the beans ( i check em every hour and usually in afew hours 6 to 8 they sink as soon as they sink i transfer to a temperature controlled tupperware with optional vent holes with paper towels and this method has gotten me amazing results  97.5% to 100% so far with autos.. except for this run 😞

@Prom yeah man a couple of beans loss from a 10pack is acceptable.. but high losses should be replaced.. fastbuds themselves will replace thats what they told me.. they even sent out my 4k order twice coz it went almost 2months without receiving my seeds without fuss or hesitation and I'm SURE they have better agreements with our local seed banks to replace dud seeds.. I guess TROPHY SEEDS CAN DENY ME A REFUND OR STORE CREDIT AND STILL SUBMIT MY EMAIL AND GET A REPLACEMENT WHICH THEY CAN THEN SELL AS NEW STOCK AT MY EXPENSE...thats honestly how I feel.. grrr

🤬

Thanks guys

@DamDave hey man really sorry to hear about your company, covid has taken a huge toll on alot of good ppl! Wish you and the wife the best with your online venture.. mayb send us a link when your active and we can check it out , spread the word as best as we can..
Thank you for your kind offer , really kind of you! But I'm only doing autos ATM or would have taken you upon it. We need more good people like you.. I'd like to reciprocate and offer you a 3pack of lemonpie from fastbuds if you'd like ? I'm in durban so if your willing to pay for courier its yours.. ive got a good stock of autos on hand just not my favorite strain strawberrypie:(
And yeah your could not be more correct after sales service IS EVERYTHING!!
So far best service I've got from sacred seeds for seeds and hydroponic.co.za for gear , well for me anyway.. cheers man
@Wulf i too 1st soak the beans ( i check em every hour and usually in afew hours 6 to 8 they sink as soon as they sink i transfer to a temperature controlled tupperware with optional vent holes with paper towels and this method has gotten me amazing results  97.5% to 100% so far with autos.. except for this run
@Prom yeah man a couple of beans loss from a 10pack is acceptable.. but high losses should be replaced.. fastbuds themselves will replace thats what they told me.. they even sent out my 4k order twice coz it went almost 2months without receiving my seeds without fuss or hesitation and I'm SURE they have better agreements with our local seed banks to replace dud seeds.. I guess TROPHY SEEDS CAN DENY ME A REFUND OR STORE CREDIT AND STILL SUBMIT MY EMAIL AND GET A REPLACEMENT WHICH THEY CAN THEN SELL AS NEW STOCK AT MY EXPENSE...thats honestly how I feel.. grrr

Thanks guys
All good bud thanks for the offer. I'd probably gift them forward anyway.
Got a lot growing and plenty lined up.

Someone once said: you can't get addicted to marijuana but you can get addicted to growing it.
That's me at the moment.

Keep well

• Like 2

@DamDave All good brother!

So what I did is I emailed Jerry directly from fastbuds explaining my predicament about the seeds I bought from one of their distributors here in South Africa.. 

I also left a trustpilot.com review for fastbuds about my predicament with one of their South African distributors and also said that the other South African distributor sacred seeds were willing to replace my single fastbud seed that didn't germ from a 3pack ( I didn't take sacred seeds offer tho as was just 1 seed from 15 that didn't germ)

Let's hope I can get some assistance from them..

I explained and complained truckload about how they have treated me so far and that these guys are dragging their name in the mud.. 

Cheers guys

Had the same experience with President Seeds and some of my friends the same thing.  Ordered 3 fem seeds and 2 were visibly damaged upon closer inspection. Ordered another Auto Amnesia haze which were a complete dud and turned a nasty hermie. Tossed it. Ordered another White Widow auto. Grew deformed leaves and very morphed. Harvested and no smell at all! Of all the seeds that i ordered from them only 2 plants are thriving, thanks to a lot of TLC. Also ordered from Daggafontein Genetics and all the seeds sprouted and are growing without any issues. Same with Totemic. Strong genetics and fresh seeds. Thanks Daggafontein and Totemic! Sorry to bad mouth you President Seeds but you did nothing to satisfy your customer's needs in this case and i suspect old seeds are being sold to clients.  

Had the same experience with President Seeds and some of my friends the same thing.  Ordered 3 fem seeds and 2 were visibly damaged upon closer inspection. Ordered another Auto Amnesia haze which were a complete dud and turned a nasty hermie. Tossed it. Ordered another White Widow auto. Grew deformed leaves and very morphed. Harvested and no smell at all! Of all the seeds that i ordered from them only 2 plants are thriving, thanks to a lot of TLC. Also ordered from Daggafontein Genetics and all the seeds sprouted and are growing without any issues. Same with Totemic. Strong genetics and fresh seeds. Thanks Daggafontein and Totemic! Sorry to bad mouth you President Seeds but you did nothing to satisfy your customer's needs in this case and i suspect old seeds are being sold to clients.  
I agree on the @Daggafontein Genetics and @Totemic seeds. 100% germination on daggafontein although I've only planted 3. Totemic seeds 42 from 45 germinated.
Another local I've had good hit rates with is @Bay Seeds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Weskush said:

Dude I don't want to get in trouble on the forum but, president seeds is a reseller who sells tiger one bulk seeds. Literally the cheapest feminized seeds you can buy online. 100 euros for 100 seeds. He relabels them as president seeds. It's the same guy who owns zootly and simba seeds. His images of the strains are photoshopped and fake. His descriptions never mention any breeders. He is selling cheap marked down seeds from tiger bulk for R140 a seed.  Here's proof.  I really dont want to get banned off this forum but I keep seeing people have issues with there seeds.  

Untitled.jpg.490de89a6c31006571f32a6d007ec781.thumb.jpg.59ed8c85b3a9772bab41d3203aad48ed.jpg

1.1 (2).jpg

1.1.jpg

1.2 (2).jpg

1.2.jpg

1.3 (2).jpg

1.3.jpg

tr.jpg.e753ef4c17010367fefbe8032e36b196.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
  • Sad 1

I have also heard some not so great feedback from Trophy seeds and I try and avoid them, only use them if they have a pack of seeds which cannot be sourced locally from other seedbanks.

Curious as to what Fastbuds say when they reply to you. Hopefully they will make a plan to sort you out.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bay Seeds said:

Dude I don't want to get in trouble on the forum but, president seeds is a reseller who sells tiger one bulk seeds. Literally the cheapest feminized seeds you can buy online. 100 euros for 100 seeds. He relabels them as president seeds. It's the same guy who owns zootly and simba seeds. His images of the strains are photoshopped and fake. His descriptions never mention any breeders. He is selling cheap marked down seeds from tiger bulk for R140 a seed.  Here's proof.  I really dont want to get banned off this forum but I keep seeing people have issues with there seeds.  

Untitled.jpg.490de89a6c31006571f32a6d007ec781.thumb.jpg.59ed8c85b3a9772bab41d3203aad48ed.jpg

1.1 (2).jpg

1.1.jpg

1.2 (2).jpg

1.2.jpg

1.3 (2).jpg

1.3.jpg

yo man! you wont ever get banned from this forum for opening up our eyes to this decent attempt at fucking the general public over...

thanks for this man. i doubt any one this forum could do anything about it either way... but when the next person decides to check out a review for Trophy seeds, they land here and decide to not spend their hard earned moola on this crap.

and you have helped the whole forum stay away from them. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 2

Hey bro, sorry to hear about your issues. 
I had a similar experience when I bought from marijuana s.a...except they gave me store credit to replace the seeds that didn't pop.
I think this should be the gold standard, if your seeds don't pop they shuld be replaced!
I've only experienced this one with mjssa, they also gave me a discount code and sent a free seed the next time round.

I stand by their customer service, and I still have that affiliate link if anyone wants to get some from them

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I have also heard some not so great feedback from Trophy seeds and I try and avoid them, only use them if they have a pack of seeds which cannot be sourced locally from other seedbanks.

Curious as to what Fastbuds say when they reply to you. Hopefully they will make a plan to sort you out.
I've only ordered From Trophy seeds once, thankfully I had nothing to complain about, but I'll be steering clear from these guys going forward.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

2003154825_giphy(5).gif.d48335bf46bd13248533c0fbcc80897a.gif

16 hours ago, Bay Seeds said:

Dude I don't want to get in trouble on the forum

Though shalt not be banned. I think you feel cautious because we removed the images from the gallery, but without context it was pretty random. In this thread it all makes sense and now there's way more exposure. Good on you, guy :-greenthumb

• Like 2

I tried President seeds as well. I went to a seed drop and ended buying a pack of gorilla Kim auto for that colours. The 2/3 seeds that germinated plants ended up stunted and provided me 20grams in total 😂 I know there is many factors (other than poor genetics) that could have caused this however, ran it with OG Kush auto from dinafem and they flourished under the same conditions so won’t ever buy from them again.  The buds did look attractive though

4FA164CD-19C1-4447-9029-6958C5FA3901.jpeg

• Like 4

As a seedbank, it's hard because there is no way for us to know what the client did. They could have done "x", non-germ and google after realizing the mistake, then tell us they did the thing they just googled. If the client is knowledgeable and has some social presence where we can see previous grows, we will replace. Maybe a good rule is to have a grow log here of each step..

What is great now is if it's someone's first time, we point them to the "free seed" offering and they get like 5 seeds to start and a super low cost.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Bay Seeds said:

1.1 (2).jpg

1.1.jpg

1.2 (2).jpg

1.2.jpg

1.3 (2).jpg

1.3.jpg

Thanks for laying down the facts bru. I don't like exploiting people that put effort in trying to sell their merchandise but this needed to be done. The only credit that i would give President seeds is their nice glass bottle packaging and beautifully edited images but that's it. Lets move on and  support those that deserve to be supported! Happy growing chanas!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cannabist said:

As a seedbank, it's hard because there is no way for us to know what the client did. They could have done "x", non-germ and google after realizing the mistake, then tell us they did the thing they just googled. If the client is knowledgeable and has some social presence where we can see previous grows, we will replace. Maybe a good rule is to have a grow log here of each step..

What is great now is if it's someone's first time, we point them to the "free seed" offering and they get like 5 seeds to start and a super low cost.

Hiya @Cannabist, and other members reading this thread, not directed at @Cannabistalone...

Perspective.

From the consumers point of view now.

We paid for a premium product, we expect one. Most of us have honour so we don't sit around plotting to rob seed banks, ja those arse holes do exist, I accept that, but then you have to accept that there are sum dodgy dealers/seedbanks/resellers?

I think the point is this, imagine if they did replace the OPs seeds, then he would be here giving a shout out to these guys and others like myself would go check them out...A happy customer will send you other prospects.

Also forums like this exist, so that WE can all help each other learn...why make the mistake yourself, rather learn from those more wiser than you, and nothing can beat first hand experience, good and bad...

What ever happened to customer care?

Ps, if I'm not mistaken the OP had a similar experience but was replaced by fast buds themselves, I stand corrected on this. That's what I call customer ❤ 

Personally I will only ever buy seeds that come in breeder packs, directly from the breeder, sealed with a tracking number from the breeder that you can go verify for yourself online, just like those from @Sacred Seeds, Merlin u rock man! See thats me giving a shout out to these okes, customer care was tops! But it was @Bakstein420 who told me about sacred seeds and so on and so on and it was @Stinger96 who told me about the forum in the first place, and so on and so on..

Edited by Wulf
Addition
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2