Co2 supplementation

SoloKush

9 hours ago, Dookie69 said:

Each tent has a carbon filter and an AC Infinity T8 setup in the usual way, however they extract to the room and not the outside.

I exhausted into the room once as well during one Winter in an attempt to actually raise the humidity and I ended up with mini waterfalls on my windowsills 🙃

• Like 1

I'm hoping the 12000btu for the 3mX2.4m space is enough during lights out.. otherwise will have to get another portable ac unit to add to it..

I’m certain it will almost be overkill. My 18000 is doing a space 4 times that and even on the hottest days, doesn’t flinch. I think the closed system helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I exhausted into the room once as well during one Winter in an attempt to actually raise the humidity and I ended up with mini waterfalls on my windowsills 

Imagine that! But was that not because of the cold outside vs the warmth inside? Ie normal condensation? Or was you RH thru the roof?

@Dookie69 aaah I hope it is.. with ac I rather have extra capacity than fall short, thanks for the info man it really does help me out

Another thing I’ve noticed with the ac, it seems better to find a sweet spot for 3 parameters, namely outside conditions, lights on and lights off. (Besides where the plants are in terms of their seasonal humidity needs)
So I just leave it on all the time and adjust the temperature and fan speed only. If you allow it to turn itself on and off with its own sensor, you tend to get ‘jaggered’ temp and humidity traces.

18 minutes ago, Dookie69 said:

Imagine that! But was that not because of the cold outside vs the warmth inside? Ie normal condensation? Or was you RH thru the roof?

Snap it must have been condensation. It definitely raised the RH for sure though! 

@Dookie69 also do you have any equipment that uses wifi inside of the tent ? Why i ask is im curious about the effects of these wifi enabled this being close to my plants , like I've got a small wifi hd camera but have been hesitant to put it inside the tent as I didn't want to effect the plants in any way, lol might sound stupid but yeah 

Lol SoloKush are you into conspiracy theories?
Look up the SonoffTH16 off takealot. That’s WiFi based, then the images above are from the AirComfort app, that’s unfortunately only Bluetooth, although you can get a bridge device apparently.

Why is your temperature fluctuating that much before 7?

That’s the aircon turning on and off as I said earlier. A sealed tent is less susceptible to that, but in a open room or open tents it does that. Another argument for having a suitably sized ac in your space... a smaller ac might be smoother.

@Dookie69 I've found a brand called Sonoff which has one for R244 which is quite a good price i think

Yes, that’s a switch only. The TH has a sensor and can also just be a switch. Make sure your ac will turn on with it, some ac units don’t return to previous state on power return...

• Agree 1

Mhhh just let it run more. the AC clearly gets the temp down. Let it kick in before you tick over 26.. you have the 28 border, but you still jump 5-7 degree up and down several times an hour. crossing 28 is something you should avoid.. like normal tent growers should stay below 26.. rest reduces your quality already. Over 30 is the no go zone in any case. Would set the temp to kick in lower, costs more but should reduce those swings. 

• Like 1

@Dookie69 so its says that I need to purchase the sonoff temp and humidity sensor which is a white square box and then also the zigbee bridge for it to work so that another 390..

So I just want to be able to read my temps and humidity when ever I want from where ever.. will the above do that job sonoff sensor and zigby bridge ? I'm still learning here so hence all the questions 

• Like 1

@Dookie69 so its says that I need to purchase the sonoff temp and humidity sensor which is a white square box and then also the zigbee bridge for it to work so that another 390..
So I just want to be able to read my temps and humidity when ever I want from where ever.. will the above do that job sonoff sensor and zigby bridge ? I'm still learning here so hence all the questions 

No need for Zigbee bridge. Just the TH16, the temp and humidity sensor (there are two options, you don’t want the waterproof temp one, that’s for beer and geysers). Then that will connect to your WiFi. Your app connects to the Sonoff server and your WiFi does the same. Awesome. There are you tube videos.

This is all you need0e1c2650b58b6388dc8d16f0316a4a7e.jpg

• Agree 1

Mhhh just let it run more. the AC clearly gets the temp down. Let it kick in before you tick over 26.. you have the 28 border, but you still jump 5-7 degree up and down several times an hour. crossing 28 is something you should avoid.. like normal tent growers should stay below 26.. rest reduces your quality already. Over 30 is the no go zone in any case. Would set the temp to kick in lower, costs more but should reduce those swings. 

I’ve set it to 23C on cool, with fan at medium. The lights in the tents push it up on their own to around 25 / 26. When the light go off the ac stays at 23 and in theory, the canopy should follow suit. I believe this will give me a very smooth transition in temperatures and probably humidity since the ac will always be on... at 23C at any rate. My lights are out now till 5pm so I’ll check and post later how it went.
I just want to stabilise the environment!

@Dookie69 i do not need it to turn on or off any connected devices. Just want to be able to read the temp and humidity on my phone when am away from the grow space coz I should always be not to far from it..

The Sonoff will be you best bet because it is real time, however it shows no trend (history). The AirComfort is Bluetooth so you can only ‘dump’ what’s happened before when you phone is within range.

😬 I think Totemic mentioned it before.. balancing a closed setup is hard work 😂 and each tweak usually costs more electricity. All people I know, who used CO2, gave up around 2 years after and went to normal growing again. To much hassle to keep all perfect.

• Like 1