Preferred germination method

Weskush

Preferred germination method  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preferred germination method?

• Glass of water
    • Paper Towel
    • Glass of water then transfer to paper towel
    • Directly in medium
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

Glass of water for 24 - 36 hours then into soil.
I don't seem to have much success with the paper towel method.
Glass of water then into jiffy plugs have also worked in the past. Just a mission to get plugs out on the reservation hence water then soil now.
43 from 45 seeds germinated last planting from water into soil.

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

My preferred method is into paper towel in a tin on top of the decoder for 24hrs.. Any that have not germinated after 24 HRS do within 12 hrs afterwards.. Into Jiffies.. show face a day later and then into FF Premium Classic.. My last six beans I did the tot glass.. split in 24hrs... 2 weeks later... nothing... Never really had success with this method.. 

• Thanks 1

I pop the seeds straight into jiffies, which are on a saucer with a few mm of water in it... 

Make sure the water never dries up... And presto... So far I have had near 100% over the past 50 seeds or so iv popped. 

As you can see... I have 3 OG Kush seeds that popped, and behind them I have 4 Red Mandirine seeds that I have just transplanted into their first pots. 

No humidity dome... No temperature mats... Just straight up jiffy and tap water lol

IMG_20210207_115927.jpg

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, CG420za said:

I've found that my seedlings seem are stronger and more vigorous when I plant directly into the medium.

Agreed.. but if your soil mix is to hot things turn out badly... For beginners this is not advised..? I've gone straight into FF Premium Classic before and they love it..  It's just when you have expensive beans you tend to over think and screw up.. just my opinion.. When you just don't give a shit and JUST DO IT.. it works out fine...🤣

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

16 hours ago, Stinger96 said:

Agreed.. but if your soil mix is to hot things turn out badly... For beginners this is not advised..? I've gone straight into FF Premium Classic before and they love it..  It's just when you have expensive beans you tend to over think and screw up.. just my opinion.. When you just don't give a shit and JUST DO IT.. it works out fine...🤣

I saw my gat a few weeks back. Tried germinating in tea bags. Read somewhere that it's great. After 2 weeks my plants still hadn't grown their second set of leaves. Thank goodness i managed to save them. TEA BAG'S ARE A NO GO! DON'T TRY IT!!! They are now 5 weeks in and loving life.

As for straight up planting, FF and organics matter living soil is the tits.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...