Neudosan for Spider Mites during flowering

highchome

Hi all,

I've just spotted spider mites on my flowering plants (still in early flow) :cursing. I've used Biogrow Neudosan before in veg and it was very effective at getting rid of the mites. I seem to have picked them up again after a move, seems like from some outside plants and a me not having a proper intake filter (idiot!).

They claim that Neudosan is safe to use "on crops up to the day of harvest". The active ingredient is potassium salt of fatty acids, and from everything I can see should be completely safe e.g. https://www.co.thurston.wa.us/health/ehipm/pdf_insect/insecticide actives/Potassium salt of fatty acids.pdf

I could try drowning them for 10 minutes or so, but that is going to be a real pain. So unless anyone knows that I should avoid the Neudosan I'll go that route?

Thanks

Always be careful what you put on your flowers, as you want to smoke them.. very much agree with @CreX.

What I found on the internet.. not during flower. It seem to stress the pistils very much and sucks out their water.. bad for flowering.

Perhaps Neem oil better option? 😁 I like your idea of drowning them..

1 hour ago, highchome said:

Hi all,

I've just spotted spider mites on my flowering plants (still in early flow) :cursing. I've used Biogrow Neudosan before in veg and it was very effective at getting rid of the mites. I seem to have picked them up again after a move, seems like from some outside plants and a me not having a proper intake filter (idiot!).

They claim that Neudosan is safe to use "on crops up to the day of harvest". The active ingredient is potassium salt of fatty acids, and from everything I can see should be completely safe e.g. https://www.co.thurston.wa.us/health/ehipm/pdf_insect/insecticide actives/Potassium salt of fatty acids.pdf

I could try drowning them for 10 minutes or so, but that is going to be a real pain. So unless anyone knows that I should avoid the Neudosan I'll go that route?

Thanks

Howzit bud... If you say drowning them... what do mean and how do you do it.. Do you submerge the plant upside down in a bucket..🤨 Pardon my stupidity...

1 hour ago, GreenGrow Garden Route said:

If you say drowning them... what do mean

Hi, yes that seems to be what people suggest. Mine are pretty short (early flip) so I may not need to do them upside down, but same principal yes. I'm not 100% sure if that kills all the eggs too... It should at least help control things until flowering is done, and I suppose that I could do it for several days in a row to break the cycle.

Hey all. I spotted the beginning of spider mites on my outdoors. Clipped the affected leaves and everytime I water I give the whole plant a light spray when watering. As backup I crushed 2 garlic cloves, 2 chillies, half an onion and let it sit in 3l of water for 3 days then sieve. Usually use (spray the leaves and stem) this for mealybugs on our palm trees.
Was gonna try it on the plants but Murphy's Law, the light spraying seems to have worked for me as plants are tip top now.

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi,

whatever you do, test your spray on a small branch first.

I had the beginning of a red spider mite infestion 14 days ago. Like an idiot I sprayed Pyrol the very first evening after I spotted these bastards. Without doing my research first as I want to get rid of pests before flowering starts. I followed the dosage recommendation on the bottle (20-40ml/liter). I chose to add 30ml and "drowned" all my plants with the mix. Only later I found out that a member here has recommended to not use more than 10ml/liter of water.

My plants are suffering from phytotoxicity since two weeks now because of this. They burn a bit more each day. Some more some less. I tried washing it off, nothing helps. My Strawpicanna was the most promising plant and it's suffering most. It was a regular seed that cost me 330 rand and I was so happy to see she's female after 4 months of mainline training.

Very heartbreaking to see her burning and not being able to stop it. Don't know if she'll ever recover but I have kind of given up on her.

I thought posting this might prevent others from doing the same mistake. Mites are gone though.

IMG_20210131_080803.thumb.jpg.2439a587f8e4385a6c0da1268f4c5dc1.jpg

IMG_20210131_080817.thumb.jpg.89c3baa973494a79d77948e5a5c4ca33.jpg

Hi,
whatever you do, test your spray on a small branch first.
I had the beginning of a red spider mite infestion 14 days ago. Like an idiot I sprayed Pyrol the very first evening after I spotted these bastards. Without doing my research first as I want to get rid of pests before flowering starts. I followed the dosage recommendation on the bottle (20-40ml/liter). I chose to add 30ml and "drowned" all my plants with the mix. Only later I found out that a member here has recommended to not use more than 10ml/liter of water.
My plants are suffering from phytotoxicity since two weeks now because of this. They burn a bit more each day. Some more some less. I tried washing it off, nothing helps. My Strawpicanna was the most promising plant and it's suffering most. It was a regular seed that cost me 330 rand and I was so happy to see she's female after 4 months of mainline training.
Very heartbreaking to see her burning and not being able to stop it. Don't know if she'll ever recover but I have kind of given up on her.
I thought posting this might prevent others from doing the same mistake. Mites are gone though.
IMG_20210131_080803.thumb.jpg.2439a587f8e4385a6c0da1268f4c5dc1.jpg
IMG_20210131_080817.thumb.jpg.89c3baa973494a79d77948e5a5c4ca33.jpg
Those are the lessons you never forget hey. Another little bit of useless information we use at our nursery is:
After you've done your research and test area as above is to spray in the afternoon after the heat of the day if outdoors. Then spray down the next morning while watering. This prevents residual build up and avoids all sorts of heat/sun chemical reaction damage to the plants.

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1