Woolworths grow bags

Cannabist

Question

Yip you read that right. Have been thinking of trying the woolies fabric bags as grow bags, was actually contemplating making up fabric bags as we still have like 4k of the material lying around - we first started off by selling them like two years ago.

Think they cost around R5 a bag and no one is going to beat that, just want to find out if anyone has tried them as a fabric grow bag? 

• Like 2

5 answers to this question

We've been growing outdoors in the woolies bags for a couple of years now. At approx 20-25lt they are a good size too and much more durable than other 'carrier' options.

But they remain a budget alternative and are not UV resistant. They become weak and tear easily after about 2 years in the sun outdoors. So they are not what you'd call robust, if you are going to move your plants around a lot I would rather suggest proper material bags.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2021 at 7:24 AM, John Stonedwell said:

@Cannabist very good idea to keep the budget in check. Those bags will do the job for air pruning and drainage.

If I am not mistaken I think @Onion is doing a grow with those fabric bags at the moment so he might be able to give a good indication of its efficacy. ✌️

Hi John, I have a Woolworths bag and a Pick n Pay R25 bag. The Pick n Pay bag is better. They have good volume and they work just fine in my experience. I also have the proper fabric bags. The shopping bags are more porous but it doesn't bother me.

DSC_2785-Edit.jpg

DSC_2791-Edit.jpg

• Like 1