Green House Powder Feed - Bio Grow and Bloom Experience?

Hey peeps,

I have been using Freedom Farms and BioBizz (Grow and Bloom) nutes exclusively.

There is a grower I follow on YouTube and he uses slow release nutes to the likes of Gaia Green, which of course we don't get here. So I have been hunting for something similar. In the shops I have mainly found pellets for slow release, which is obviously not ideal. So I have been thinking of the Biogrow (organic) line from Green House.

https://hydroponic.co.za/hydroponics/green-house-powder-feeding-biogrow/
https://hydroponic.co.za/hydroponics/green-house-powder-feeding-biobloom/
https://hydroponic.co.za/hydroponics/green-house-powder-feeding-bioenhancer/

Any one had any experience with these? The rest of their line they mix in with water, same as 'bottle' nutes. This line, you pre-mix in the soil and then top dress weeks later, same as Gaia Green. This is very attractive to me as I don't need to mix nutes every watering.

Would appreciate to hear if anyone has tried this.

Thanks a mil!

• Like 1

I assume you are following Mr Canucks Grow on YouTube?

Never used Green House Powder feeds myself and only heard of people trying their salt / mineral nutes, not the organic stuff which is mixed in with soil.

Perhaps take the leap and try it out, if you decide to do so please let us know how it goes! 😄 

• Like 1

I've used all except for the bio-enhancer. Nothing to rave home about regarding the veg and bloom nutes. This was my first grow and ended up gettign lockout with the salts.

Then the Enhancer is the basically Bio stimulants mixed with Bio fertilizers. So Humic, fulvic and Kelp with some Effective microbes for R1200. Ya can't say much else.

On 1/20/2021 at 10:54 AM, PsyCLown said:

I assume you are following Mr Canucks Grow on YouTube?

Never used Green House Powder feeds myself and only heard of people trying their salt / mineral nutes, not the organic stuff which is mixed in with soil.

Perhaps take the leap and try it out, if you decide to do so please let us know how it goes! 😄 

Haha indeed! The champ himself. I really am trying to embody the simple and easy growing with good results. I have already learnt there is so much more to that in terms of the experience, but I continue 😄 

Keen to try, but the price is just really high, hence me asking around. Seems like some good reviews on it. Depending on how this goes, I may just wait for my BioBozz nutes to finish and then try some. If I do, I will definitely report back 🙂

On 1/20/2021 at 11:21 AM, Gloriosa superba said:

Anyone on this forum had experience with Osmocote? 

Haven't heard of it till now. Did a 2min reccy on their site and see something about 14 months release. I need to look more. This is what had me more worried about Talborne organics. 1. Too long of a release as far as I understand it, but then I know some organic matter can also take that long, and 2. their NPK values don't seem to add up to what I would normally look for.

On 1/20/2021 at 11:28 AM, ORGANinc. said:

I've used all except for the bio-enhancer. Nothing to rave home about regarding the veg and bloom nutes. This was my first grow and ended up gettign lockout with the salts.

Then the Enhancer is the basically Bio stimulants mixed with Bio fertilizers. So Humic, fulvic and Kelp with some Effective microbes for R1200. Ya can't say much else.

Thanks for the feedback! Any idea if this was maybe first grow woos? Howe much did you feed/mix in of each and at what point?

Yeah I agree on the enhancer, not really worth it. Although I see Fulvic is quite expensive.

39 minutes ago, Live Canna said:

Haven't heard of it till now. Did a 2min reccy on their site and see something about 14 months release. I need to look more. This is what had me more worried about Talborne organics. 1. Too long of a release as far as I understand it, but then I know some organic matter can also take that long, and 2. their NPK values don't seem to add up to what I would normally look for.

Thanks for the feedback! Any idea if this was maybe first grow woos? Howe much did you feed/mix in of each and at what point?

Yeah I agree on the enhancer, not really worth it. Although I see Fulvic is quite expensive.

definitely first grow wooos, I’ve seen guys grow with that brand and kill it.

yeah I suppose it’s imported 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not to sure, but about 10 or so years ago I got a box of these nutrients from GHS as test samples. They were in clear vaccum sealed bags and the compound was a green/yellowish colour. I think I might have done a test grow on the GHS forums, not to sure though. They worked well for me, I used them separately in a basic soil mix and harvested some big buds.

I have tried there normal powder with coco/perlite for a few Growsl. I think I might have tried everything availible in SA, for me they all simular. A friend uses the Bio range for a few years and he pumps out good but. He adds it to FF Premium (green bag)

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Hello mense,

I haven't used greenhouse powder feeds because the price is our of my range. R1200 per kg is too much for my purse. It does look like very good stuff and I'm sure it will work well.

I have used talborne pellets indoors and they do work very well. I put I on the top of my soil every 2 weeks throughout the grow. The problem I have with it indoors is the smell. The stuff stinks to high heaven and I think it has some urea in it, which isn't the best form of N for cannabis.

For the last few years I have swapped over to Naturado granular ferts. Its R100 a KG from the garden centre and the main component is soy cake and oilseed meal. I top dress every 2 weeks with roughly 1 tablespoon for every 5 litres of soil and I can feed a whole crop with roughly half a box of it. 

• Like 1