EXTREME SPORTS

Wulf

10 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

Both matchups are very good, each fight will represent the best of each fighter at this time. I do not doubt both Gane and Figueredo both have more than enough to take their respective opponents, they are both hungry. 

I just think that Gane and the mind games with regards to his couch (whom is Ngannou's former couch) releasing those sparring videos of the two, and then Figueredo coming in really agro and with a bone to pick. I think Ngannou and Moreno are mentally at an advantage here, they are both way more chill coming into the fight. 

True that they look cool calm and collected.  The prefight post conference was funny though. It's like those guys are trying to do the whole banter thing but they really suck at it. We will be having a little UFC throwdown party and watch the fights live.  

If Francis wins by crazy knockout it might be wise for Dana to renegotiate his contract as it would be a terrible loss if he leaves the UFC due to contract issues 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, John Stonedwell said:

If Francis wins by crazy knockout it might be wise for Dana to renegotiate his contract as it would be a terrible loss if he leaves the UFC due to contract issues 

I think this is definitely on Dana's mind. If Ngannou takes it, the debate over fighter pay will just explode even more. Who knows, maybe he will box Jake Paul then 😆

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Aw damn, 1 for 2.

Although I was sure Moreno won, even via points. In my opinion the challenger to a championship match needs to convincingly defeat the champion in order to secure the victory. 

I have a feeling the judges were told to give the belt to Figueredo if the match looked 50/50 at the end because daddy Dana wants to cash in on the trilogy, because obviously now there's a rematch. 

Ngannou with the jitsu was pretty nuts, and those takedowns! Super good. 

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, The Grass Baas said:

He is pissed because he has zero leverage. I think he was hoping Ngannou would lose. 

Ngannou has one more fight in his contract which he has one year to schedule. He will probably first fix his knee and defend his title against either Jon Jones or Stipe Miocic at the end of the year. I don't see Gane getting the rematch. The negotiation is going to cost Dana because if he doesn't cough up what Ngannou thinks he deserves, it will be a major dent to the credibility of the UFC. This is why I think Dana would have preferred Ngannou to have lost, because then he wouldn't be obliged to another fight. 

Next big fight I'm looking forward to from here is Adesanya vs Whittaker 2.

• Like 2

@Ill_Evan what is up man.!!. So it was actually Ngannou's last fight on the contract. I think thats why Dana didnt hand over the belt and wasnt at the presser. So I read up about it, theres a champion clause that can extend Ngannou's contract for 3 more fights but that is only if he wants to compete. Otherewise it expires end Jan, then he becomes a free agent. I think that is why Dana is like he is. He knows he has a week to negotiate and does not have the leverage. But that being said, the UFC is the UFC and will carry on without Ngannou. It is very easy for them to set up a heavyweight fight for the title. 

I must say I really wanted Gane to win but I am happy that Ngannou has the ball in his court. I just hope he does not take bad advise and fuck up his career going forward. He needs to be very careful. The UFC is big and no one has been able to change their minds about pay etc. Dont think anyone will ever. 

Have a lekker monday.

• Agree 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, John Stonedwell said:

Masvidal all the way. I don't have a lot of respect for Colby.  

Eish Colby took it. I'm worried for Masvidal's career, it isn't looking too hot right now. 

6 hours ago, John Stonedwell said:

Did you see the mad fight card for April 9? 

Keen to see the Volkanovski and the Du Plessis fight. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Mad fights this weekend that passed. I must honestly say I am a Colby fan. To see what he was like and how he changed after his "Brazil you're a dump" and "all you filthy animals suck" speech, this man knows how to get a reaction. To see him turn it up to 10, knowing he did social studies in College, a person must give this man credit because he has played fans to a next level. I feel asif he sits down at night and thinks of the craziest nicknames and ways to mock any opponents or future opponents. This is calculated. The man is a genius. I do admit he comes across as a serious ass but man can he can back it up. Thats what is so exciting. He lays on the smack talk and then backs it up. Cardio is next level.

I always have a fight that I am anxious for and that was Kevin Hollands fight against cowboy. He had a fantastic 2020 and an absolute shit 2021. Buuuut the man is back in the right weight class. I do still however miss his smack talk in the cage. I lool forward to more of his fights. First round he looked like he might be in trouble, ending off with a thumbs up while cowboy has a semi choke on him. Then second round he knew he had to bang and put serious pressure. He did well.

Also the 9 april card looks seriously stacked. Cannot wait for it. I need to see sterling get his ass kicked again by yan. Would be the sweetest revenge.

I must add though that Drake bet $250 000 on masvidal winning. 🤦‍♂️ what an idiot. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, The Grass Baas said:

To see him turn it up to 10, knowing he did social studies in College, a person must give this man credit because he has played fans to a next level. I feel asif he sits down at night and thinks of the craziest nicknames and ways to mock any opponents or future opponents. This is calculated. The man is a genius.

He is the new age Chael Sonnen of smack talk. It wasn't too long ago Colby was about to be cut from UFC and the Chaos alter ego was born. He also started winning more fights thereafter. 

10 pushups, John.

I don't think Colby wants to have to play the anti-hero, I think he'd prefer to just train and fight, and just leave the promoting to the promoters, but UFC is putting more and more pressure on fighters to promote themselves as brands in order to make it into the PPV fights. It's less about how good a fighter is and more about the story of the fighter. 

This will change with Smesh Brothers. 

• Like 1

Hahaha. Smesh brothers. Damn I must say theres alot more hugging coming to UFC. Anyway. 

That 10 pushups for john is kak funny. I see youre a man of reddit? @Ill_Evan I lurk the forums quite often. I just stay away from The South African pages. As you would believe there is some serious sensoring going on there. Whatevs.

And youre spot on about the UFC getting fighters to promote their fights for PPV etc. Craziest part about this last one, Colby did not want any PPV income. 🤷‍♂️. Dont know why. Either way. He got a serious amount of publicity this weekend after that performance. Still amazing that he declined so much money.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, John Stonedwell said:

Yo man. Is it Cameron Saaiman,  kickboxer?  I think I have seen him before in the earlier EFC days.

Fighting out of CIT with coach Morne?

Yes man. He slayed De Beer on Saturday evening. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Nope said:

I see Dricus has an oppertunity of a life time against Kevin Gastelum. I really hope he shines man!

Yeah man that's a huge step up and Gastelum will be hungry for the win om the current win/loss streak he has. 

Dricus will struggle to knock him out, I don't think he has been knocked out before. And Gastelum also has some great wrestling if it goes to the ground. Dricus also has a submission game..

Gonna be a a crazy nerve grinding wait for that fight. A win for stilknocks will put him right up there to start challenging top 10 fighters. Amazing opportunity can't wait

• Like 3