EXTREME SPORTS

Wulf

2 hours ago, John Stonedwell said:

Fair enough man. If you do get some time in between all of the episodes are on DSTV catch up. There have been a couple of cracking fights thus far.

Who do you have for this weekend between Cory and TJ?

TJ has ALOT to lose if he doesn't perform here coming back from theย doping ban. That said Cory has a superย opportunity to shine for the boss man Dana. As we saw with Kris "the punching bag" Moutinho(LOL), fight of the nightย can change your world in minutes. Thatย hunger may just give him the edge over TJ.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Adansonia digitata said:

TJ has ALOT to lose if he doesn't perform here coming back from theย doping ban. That said Cory has a superย opportunity to shine for the boss man Dana. As we saw with Kris "the punching bag" Moutinho(LOL), fight of the nightย can change your world in minutes. Thatย hunger may just give him the edge over TJ.

Fully agree with you man. He pulled a Lance Armstrong and got caught for good. Fuck weed suspension but EPO is on amother level.ย 

I got Cory all the way. His last 2 fights against Marlon Moraes and Frank Edgar was exceptional. He has the full arsenal of MMA skills to challenge for the title. His loss against Sterling taught him a lot.ย 

But then again who can put up a fight against Yan and expect to win (except if he disqualifies himself. Lol)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, John Stonedwell said:

Fully agree with you man. He pulled a Lance Armstrong and got caught for good. Fuck weed suspension but EPO is on amother level.ย 

I got Cory all the way. His last 2 fights against Marlon Moraes and Frank Edgar was exceptional. He has the full arsenal of MMA skills to challenge for the title. His loss against Sterling taught him a lot.ย 

But then again who can put up a fight against Yan and expect to win (except if he disqualifies himself. Lol)

ย 

Petr is a beast ! He would have finished Stirling off had he not been disqualified. I'm very keen on the rematch.ย ย 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, John Stonedwell said:

Yeah yeah bra. And the online DSTV Now catch up has all 7 episodes to watch.ย ๐Ÿ˜†

We watched 6 last night, will watch 7 when I get back from this mornings activities. Tre is monster, the power in his kicks. Eina legs!ย 

Edited by Adansonia digitata
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Adansonia digitata said:

We watched 6 last night, will watch 7 when I get back from this mornings activities. Tre is monster, the power in his kicks. Eina legs!ย 

Also watched all of them last night. It feels so different to the old TUFย ๐Ÿ˜†ย these guys are so much nicer to each other.

Couldn't believe Team Ortega got 4-0 to start with, I'm also surprised how little they talk about the couches. I think I heard Craig Jones say maybe 2 lines worth or wordsย ๐Ÿคจย I'd also like to hear what the other couches are about, but alas.

So far I'm enjoying it.ย 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I've gone and joined a gi jiu jitsu gym to alternate between the no-gi gym I've been going to since April. Yes, two whole gyms at the same time ๐Ÿ˜ตย I am now doing jiu jitsu 5 days a week starting this week.ย 

Wish my body luck, friendsย ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿš€ย 

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
  • Fire! 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

So I've gone and joined a gi jiu jitsu gym to alternate between the no-gi gym I've been going to since April. Yes, two whole gyms at the same time ๐Ÿ˜ตย I am now doing jiu jitsu 5 days a week starting this week.ย 

Go for it, you got this brother.ย 

I admire you for this๐Ÿคœ๐Ÿค›

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2021 at 10:47 PM, Ill_Evan said:

Hey Evan, Hows the training going?ย 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Adansonia digitata said:

Hey Evan, Hows the training going?ย 

So far I've managed to do a max of 4 of the possible 5 sessions a week available to me. I am aiming to do 5 sessions this week but we will see how it goesย ๐Ÿ˜…ย listening to the body and taking a session off when needed has been a necessary lesson. I am busy nursing a sprained foot, sprained thumb and bruised tail boneย ๐Ÿค•ย working around that during training makes you think a lot more about where you're open and absolutely preventing certain positions for your self to avoid further injury to the same area.

Some days I murder dudes, some days I get railroaded. It's the motion of the ocean which makes things feel very fair in general. At no-gi I've learnt a lot of submissions and leg lock play, where-as at gi (which I am coming up to about a month of training now) we haven't technically learnt any submissions yet.. so sometimes I'll whip out some submissions at gi which technically none of the other white belts on my level have learnt yet. Theyย mostly just go for rear naked chokes in the rare event they can get to my back.ย Sometimes they comment that I'm using hacks, it does feel like a cheeky advantage but heyย ๐Ÿ˜›

We are generally told to roll with guys on our levels but there is an open invitation during live/technical rolling at the end of class usually to roll with anyone you want. I got paired with a blue belt once and it felt like I didn't know anything, he just rag dolled me and I just ended up defending the whole roll.ย 

The biggest improvement thus far has just been the fitness. In the beginning I'd tap just because a dude was putting pressure on my chest while I was already exhausted. That hasn't happened again in a good month or so now. Since working from home full-time having the gyms to go to on the regular has really been great.ย 

• Like 2
  • Fire! 1

8 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

So far I've managed to do a max of 4 of the possible 5 sessions a week available to me. I am aiming to do 5 sessions this week but we will see how it goesย ๐Ÿ˜…ย listening to the body and taking a session off when needed has been a necessary lesson. I am busy nursing a sprained foot, sprained thumb and bruised tail boneย ๐Ÿค•ย working around that during training makes you think a lot more about where you're open and absolutely preventing certain positions for your self to avoid further injury to the same area.

Some days I murder dudes, some days I get railroaded. It's the motion of the ocean which makes things feel very fair in general. At no-gi I've learnt a lot of submissions and leg lock play, where-as at gi (which I am coming up to about a month of training now) we haven't technically learnt any submissions yet.. so sometimes I'll whip out some submissions at gi which technically none of the other white belts on my level have learnt yet. Theyย mostly just go for rear naked chokes in the rare event they can get to my back.ย Sometimes they comment that I'm using hacks, it does feel like a cheeky advantage but heyย ๐Ÿ˜›

We are generally told to roll with guys on our levels but there is an open invitation during live/technical rolling at the end of class usually to roll with anyone you want. I got paired with a blue belt once and it felt like I didn't know anything, he just rag dolled me and I just ended up defending the whole roll.ย 

The biggest improvement thus far has just been the fitness. In the beginning I'd tap just because a dude was putting pressure on my chest while I was already exhausted. That hasn't happened again in a good month or so now. Since working from home full-time having the gyms to go to on the regular has really been great.ย 

Damn! serious commitment! Keep at it dude.ย ย 

• Like 1

On 8/3/2021 at 10:47 PM, Ill_Evan said:

I did capoeira and ninjutsu for about 4 years in parallel, very different philosophies. The worst was standing in line for body conditioning and getting punched in the stomach to strengthen your core.ย 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, greenkush said:

I did capoeira and ninjutsu for about 4 years in parallel, very different philosophies. The worst was standing in line for body conditioning and getting punched in the stomach to strengthen your core.ย 

I joined a MMA gym a few years ago, and the conditioning was by far the worst of it. Coach would line the whole gym up in front of you and have each one of them kick and punch you to build your core and legs. I would go home looking like I was beat up after every practice. Cut lips, bruised legs and body pains for days at a time.

I gave it up as it made me a generally agro person, which was the opposite of what I planned to achieve there. Good memories though! ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Martin7318 said:

I joined a MMA gym a few years ago, and the conditioning was by far the worst of it. Coach would line the whole gym up in front of you and have each one of them kick and punch you to build your core and legs. I would go home looking like I was beat up after every practice. Cut lips, bruised legs and body pains for days at a time.

I gave it up as it made me a generally agro person, which was the opposite of what I planned to achieve there. Good memories though! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Yep, I remember punching our instructor in the gut as hard as I could and he just laughed. Went so hard landed up cracking a bone in my hand, after that I was like fuck this. Wanted to start wing chunย last year but then covid hit.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Holy moly these last two UFC events were great!

Usman and Rose keeping their titles, although going to the decisions was subpar.

This last UFC was just a knockout/submission fest, very cool very yes!ย 

@The Grass BaasI've changed my mind of Sean O'Malley. I support the man now.ย 

Pena beating Nunes with an odds rating of +1000ย ๐Ÿ˜ตย fok me.

Lastly that crazy RNC by Oliviera, wow wow. Dustin isn't bad at jitsu and got taken like thatย ๐Ÿ˜จย nuts

• Like 3

@Ill_Evanย duuuuuuuuuude!!!ย The SugaShow!!!!!!!!! I think I have been watching him since he came into the UFC after the DWCS. Super entertaining guy. I love the karate style guys.ย 

I couldnt believe Pena beat the lioness. Absolute madness. That means the guy that bet $300k on Nunes winning is pissed off. But serves him right. Betting $300k to make a measly $20k, he deserves it. Lol.

I am super sad for Dustin but Charles is really good. He took a beating and still made it. Just like he did with Chandler.

And the Whitman fest was unbelievable. I have been dreaming for a Whitman triple banger and man did we get it. Once again Justin Gaethje was an absolute monster. Even though that went to a decision it was crazy crazy crazy.

What a way to end off the year.ย 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

unfortunately I missed Charles and Dustin's fight, but im sure it must of been war, my money was always on Charles tho, the dude has been very impressive in his last fights and hes showing everyone exactlyย why hes the one holding theย belt, the dude is a master at coming up with something crazy (usally a submission from no where) if not that than he ll pull out a crazy strike to knock you out, hes very unpredictable & that makes a fighter very dangerous in my opinion

Edited by Marzcanna
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

• 1 month later...
57 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

I got Francis and Brandon this weekend, both will defend their titlesย ๐Ÿคž

That's my wish as well but Gane has got some movement, he will most likely try to avoid any big punches and make it a 5 round war of attrition.

Figueredo has never been this on point with his weight cut as well and he looks hungry to get the title back. Could swing either with both fights but I second your call.ย 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, John Stonedwell said:

That's my wish as well but Gane has got some movement, he will most likely try to avoid any big punches and make it a 5 round war of attrition.

Figueredo has never been this on point with his weight cut as well and he looks hungry to get the title back. Could swing either with both fights but I second your call.ย 

Both matchups are very good, each fight will represent the best of each fighter at this time. I do not doubt both Gane and Figueredo both have more than enough to take their respective opponents, they are both hungry.ย 

I just think that Gane andย the mind games with regards to his couch (whom isย Ngannou's former couch) releasing those sparring videos of the two, and then Figueredo coming in really agro and with a bone to pick. Iย think Ngannou and Moreno are mentally at an advantage here, they are both way more chill coming into the fight.ย 

• Like 1