EXTREME SPORTS

Wulf

53 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

Izzy looks like he learnt a lot from his fight with Jan. If Marvin had like just +1 to jiu jitsu fundamentals he could have gotten that rear naked choke. Instead of Marvin digging his heels into Izzy's thighs to prevent Izzy from twisting in the guard, he instead crossed his ankles which is a no-no. 

The difference between Moreno's choke and Marvin's choke is the difference between a champion and not. Moreno was textbook stuff. 

Spot on! 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Adansonia digitata said:
  • Poirier
  • Wonderboy
  • Suga Sean
  • Yana
  • Dricus Stillknocks

I want to first see what Conner looks like and talks like at the weigh-in. If I see a spark of back-in-the-day OG Conner, I might have to ride with him.

Wonderboy 100%

I really don't like Sean O'Malley but he is definitely the better fighter, so my bet is on him to win.

Yana of course 👌

Meneer Du Plessis to be the first true African born and based UFC MIddleweight champ? Jirre he's got a tough one ahead, and he looks to have the spirit energy so here's hoping he puts on a good show. 

An additional match I feel is being overlooked is Ryan Hall at Lightweight. He's a jiu jitsu god and always spectacular to watch. 

7 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

I want to first see what Conner looks like and talks like at the weigh-in. If I see a spark of back-in-the-day OG Conner, I might have to ride with him.

Wonderboy 100%

I really don't like Sean O'Malley but he is definitely the better fighter, so my bet is on him to win.

Yana of course 👌

Meneer Du Plessis to be the first true African born and based UFC MIddleweight champ? Jirre he's got a tough one ahead, and he looks to have the spirit energy so here's hoping he puts on a good show. 

An additional match I feel is being overlooked is Ryan Hall at Lightweight. He's a jiu jitsu god and always spectacular to watch. 

Connor/Dusin is going to be a war, there is so much pride at stake for both of them. The presser was tense! Aggressive Connor is back, but still favour Dustin. He seems to have grown as an athlete. Cool, calm and calculating.    

I'm not familiar of hand with Ryan Hall, I'll watch some vids and read up about him a little later. Thanks for the heads up. 

Why don't you like the Suga show? I love that crazy style with constant feints tricking the opponents to move in a predicted fashion. He's go mad power in those bombs he throws.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I ll be honest im glad old connor is back, the nice guy thing he was tryna do doesn't work, it's not who he is and it's not what motivates him either and to be completely honest I don't like him much, I think he's too cocky.. we can't deny his skills tho..im just not one for the hype games he does, I feel like thats not what the sports about. You get in there and you get the job done. Khabib Nurmagomedov is a good example of this. He doesn't need to talk his opponents down in the press, he has said it and proven to us that he does all his talking in the ring. Literally.. While beating you up. 

Poirier on the other hand has grown into a champion, has mad skills and has matured into a smarter fighter. Old Connor VS on form Poirier. I think this one's going to be the real decider 

Edited by Marzcanna
Typo
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

Wonderboy 100%

Yana of course 👌

I watched a few rounds and a couple highlight packages for his previous fights. The dude is a jiu jitsu beast. Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye on him. 

Enjoy the fights, dude. 

• Thanks 1

Aaaaah. Sorry to just drop in on this discussion but God damn I love the UFC. I stopped watching SA sports as it started becoming too political.

Just my 2 cents on the fighters this weekend.

If I had to choose top 3 fighters ever for me the Sugar show is right in there. That kid is on fire.....and smokes plenty of weed. 

Poirier is a champ and is going to face the toughest fight of his life. Connor is a seriously good Mixed martial artist but over the years the unsportsman like conduct got to me. He has been in so many court cases regarding his behaviour outside the octogan. I really hope Dustin humbles him and if not I really hope Nate would be able to in the trilogy. 

Tai tuivasa is also going to be an interesting one.

And finally Dricus. Hope he gets this one. Have to support the local homie.

I'm also going to try watch it live. Abit early/late but have to do it.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, The Grass Baas said:

Aaaaah. Sorry to just drop in on this discussion but God damn I love the UFC. I stopped watching SA sports as it started becoming too political.

Just my 2 cents on the fighters this weekend.

If I had to choose top 3 fighters ever for me the Sugar show is right in there. That kid is on fire.....and smokes plenty of weed. 

Poirier is a champ and is going to face the toughest fight of his life. Connor is a seriously good Mixed martial artist but over the years the unsportsman like conduct got to me. He has been in so many court cases regarding his behaviour outside the octogan. I really hope Dustin humbles him and if not I really hope Nate would be able to in the trilogy. 

Tai tuivasa is also going to be an interesting one.

And finally Dricus. Hope he gets this one. Have to support the local homie.

I'm also going to try watch it live. Abit early/late but have to do it.

Welcome welcome! We need more minds to contribute here 😁

I've decided to side with Poirier, I wasn't impressed with Conner's media presence and weigh-in over the last few days. 

If I like what I see from O'Malley this weekend, I'll change my tune on him. 

Haven't payed much attention to Tai Tuivasa, I'll check out his match 👌

• Thanks 1

Just finished watching it all now. The entire event was a bit mediocre and the most exciting fight was with Dricus, I was absolutely stoked he got the knockout. Definitely puts South African MMA on the map, about goddam time. At least Dricus will be better paid in comparison to other fighters seeing as he can convert those sweet Dollars to Rands seeing as he still lives in the motherland 😛

Otherwise I got most of my bets wrong. Wonderboy and Yana being the highlight losses for me. Irene has made a fan of me and I'll be following her on her next fight, and we'll see what happens with Wonderboy. 

Gilbert Burns just came out of a jiu jitsu win at Who's Number One right before fighting Wonderboy so major props to Burns. 

I will change my tune on O'Malley, he's matured since I last checked him so I will give him that. He turned Moutinho's face into road kill. 

Edit: Forgot about Ryan Hall. What the hell he thinks doing the same Imanari Roll over and over, it's like he didn't even practice stand-up at all, unless he was trying to pull off a show or something. Kinda bleak about this one. 

Then lastly, fuck Conner, fuck his mother and everything the dirty pikey stands for. Good on Poirier, he has every right to find Conner in the street and break his other ankle for the shit Conner said post-match. 

I think they should setup Conner against Nate Diaz and get the two most washed-up fighters to end each other's careers for good. 

Edited by Ill_Evan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

Just finished watching it all now. The entire event was a bit mediocre and the most exciting fight was with Dricus, I was absolutely stoked he got the knockout. Definitely puts South African MMA on the map, about goddam time. At least Dricus will be better paid in comparison to other fighters seeing as he can convert those sweet Dollars to Rands seeing as he still lives in the motherland 😛

Otherwise I got most of my bets wrong. Wonderboy and Yana being the highlight losses for me. Irene has made a fan of me and I'll be following her on her next fight, and we'll see what happens with Wonderboy. 

Gilbert Burns just came out of a jiu jitsu win at Who's Number One right before fighting Wonderboy so major props to Burns. 

I will change my tune on O'Malley, he's matured since I last checked him so I will give him that. He turned Moutinho's face into road kill. 

Edit: Forgot about Ryan Hall. What the hell he thinks doing the same Imanari Roll over and over, it's like he didn't even practice stand-up at all, unless he was trying to pull off a show or something. Kinda bleak about this one. 

Then lastly, fuck Conner, fuck his mother and everything the dirty pikey stands for. Good on Poirier, he has every right to find Conner in the street and break his other ankle for the shit Conner said post-match. 

I think they should setup Conner against Nate Diaz and get the two most washed-up fighters to end each other's careers for good. 

Don't you think it deserves a rematch?

Or do we conclude this one over and assume Dustin is the better fighter? 

Edited by Marzcanna

38 minutes ago, Marzcanna said:

Don't you think it deserves a rematch?

Or do we conclude this one over and assume Dustin is the better fighter? 

I just don't know if Conner's body can keep up anymore. These lower leg breaks, famed by Anderson Silva initially, from checking or performing lower leg kicks are starting to become good signifiers of one's end of career in UFC. I haven't seen someone really come back that strong when things like this start happening to them.

I think Conner should but on some boxing gloves and go make a couple million dollars slapping a YouTuber around or something rather, cash in the money and be a family man, or couch up another Irish fighter back home and bring him to the UFC. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

I just don't know if Conner's body can keep up anymore. These lower leg breaks, famed by Anderson Silva initially, from checking or performing lower leg kicks are starting to become good signifiers of one's end of career in UFC. I haven't seen someone really come back that strong when things like this start happening to them.

I think Conner should but on some boxing gloves and go make a couple million dollars slapping a YouTuber around or something rather, cash in the money and be a family man, or couch up another Irish fighter back home and bring him to the UFC. 

You are completely right about coming back after that injury. Even if he does managed a great recovery, that leg will always be a soft spot that opponents will take advantage of.  He can retire a very wealthy man, the deal with Proximo Spirits for Proper 12 is valued at $600 million(not sure what his cut is) add to that the $100 million he made facing Floyd, money problems not in his lexicon. That said, humans who perform on that level struggle to walk away into the sunset. Will be interesting to see where he turns up. If there is a 4th fight... tbc. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Adansonia digitata said:

Holy shit! 

Baller.thumb.jpg.165af3c5d6eae10c00da80d2b2f139f5.jpg

Holy shit. Not to joke....yesterday I checked and he was on like 60k and when I checked as it was announced he was on like 5k. Crazy good fight for his publicity even though I still think it was an early stoppage, he was getting badly out performed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Grass Baas said:

Holy shit. Not to joke....yesterday I checked and he was on like 60k and when I checked as it was announced he was on like 5k. Crazy good fight for his publicity even though I still think it was an early stoppage, he was getting badly out performed.

Thanks for explaining, I wasn't sure what I was looking at 😝 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Adansonia digitata said:

I haven't been following, there are not enough hours in the week unfortunately. 

Fair enough man. If you do get some time in between all of the episodes are on DSTV catch up. There have been a couple of cracking fights thus far.

Who do you have for this weekend between Cory and TJ?

• Like 1