EXTREME SPORTS

Wulf

Hi guys!

Can you smell that? The weekend, its here!!! 😂

Was just curios to know if anyone is into any extreme sports? Skydiving? Base jumping? Bungee? Super bikes etc etc

Would you do this?

https://robbreport.com/motors/aviation/bmw-electrified-wingsuit-maiden-flight-1234580128/?fbclid=IwAR0cVorOcLF0UTfA_XfpDs9uZu7KiR0kE6x-chxnMsgKMCefW-TDtbo3w8w

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Wulf said:

Hi guys!

Can you smell that? The weekend, its here!!! 😂

Was just curios to know if anyone is into any extreme sports? Skydiving? Base jumping? Bungee? Super bikes etc etc

Would you do this?

https://robbreport.com/motors/aviation/bmw-electrified-wingsuit-maiden-flight-1234580128/?fbclid=IwAR0cVorOcLF0UTfA_XfpDs9uZu7KiR0kE6x-chxnMsgKMCefW-TDtbo3w8w

100% I would do that! 😄 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Wulf said:

Have you done any skydiving? you have to do that first before you could wingsuit...

I have, only once and would love to do it again. I really did not expect sky diving to be as peaceful as it is - once the parachute opens.

I've been wanting to get my diving license for a few years now and must actually make it happen sometime soon.

3 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

I have, only once and would love to do it again. I really did not expect sky diving to be as peaceful as it is - once the parachute opens.

I've been wanting to get my diving license for a few years now and must actually make it happen sometime soon.

Human flight, totally awesome! I done my AFF course a number of years ago and really enjoyed it, had one close call, a line twist, almost died of a heart attack but went back the very next weekend!  :-trip

Would really like to do a aerobatic flight.

• Like 1

I've done snowboarding and skiing when I was in Europe and more recently I got into muay thai but since the gyms can't really do any contact sports I haven't done much apart from hitting the bag. 

As soon as the gyms are allowed to operate fully again I'd like to do BJJ and get back into muay thai properly. 

In future when I have hundreds of thousands of Rand to blow I'll get into paramotors 😛 especially when they figure out the electric versions. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I started jiu-jitsu in the beginning of the month. Just got back from my 6th lesson and I am wrecked every time. It's my fault though, I am always gunning to roll with the bigger guys. I weigh a good 86kg at the moment and the guys I go and decide to wrestle are coming in at 98kg+. I'll tell you what guys, I've never been so out of breath or physically exhausted in my life, but I can feel the power. Crazy how your perspective of size and strength changes when you start to manage some of the techniques in order to gain control of people bigger than you. 

Very glad I have started on this journey. Next to growing cannabis this will probably be my next addiction. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

I started jiu-jitsu in the beginning of the month. Just got back from my 6th lesson and I am wrecked every time. It's my fault though, I am always gunning to roll with the bigger guys. I weigh a good 86kg at the moment and the guys I go and decide to wrestle are coming in at 98kg+. I'll tell you what guys, I've never been so out of breath or physically exhausted in my life, but I can feel the power. Crazy how your perspective of size and strength changes when you start to manage some of the techniques in order to gain control of people bigger than you. 

Very glad I have started on this journey. Next to growing cannabis this will probably be my next addiction. 

Awesome! Jits' is something i would like to have a crack. I boxed for a number of years, but lost interest and the impacts started to worry me.

1 hour ago, Adansonia digitata said:

Awesome! Jits' is something i would like to have a crack. I boxed for a number of years, but lost interest and the impacts started to worry me.

Since I started the jits I don't think I will go back to muay thai. I thought starting the jits might have even reignited my desire for something like muay thai again but it's actually done the opposite. The lack of getting hit in the head is quite nice!😆

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Adansonia digitata said:

What are your picks for Sunday mornings(SA time) championship bouts?

I got, 

• Rose 
  • Valentina 
  • Masvidal 

Going to be a tough evenings work. 

Bro good calls except for that last one.. lol. I think Usman is going to school Masvidal. Trevor Whitman is an amazing coach and he will prep Usman for what street Jesus has to offer. And I think Zhang has some great stand up that can result in another fight of the year nominations as Rose also knows her stand up like a champ. Super cool weekend ahead. 

I hope you enjoy the fights

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Adansonia digitata said:

Wow! Have totally forgotten what it's like with a crowd! UFC leading the way for the return of crowds to all sporting codes. 

Very true man. And especially with all the crazy stuff that happened tonight the crowd was epic. Best fight card for a very long while. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Adansonia digitata said:

and new...

The Moreno fight was a goody, classic rear naked choke to seal the deal. 

Nate Diaz was such a clown but what a good show he put on. Nearly getting the knockout in the last round.

Jamahal Hill getting his elbow snapped, yikes. Probably had so much adrenaline he didn't feel the pain. 

I am happy Marvin Vettori was put in his place. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

Nate Diaz was such a clown but what a good show he put on. Nearly getting the knockout in the last round.. 

Leon Edwards dominated that fight. Would have been shocking to see him lose in the last round like that. I wonder how long Nate will continue to fight? Every time he steps into the cage he bleeds like that.  

Izzy was lucky Marvin couldn't keep him on the ground, Jan smashed him on the ground in that last fight. 

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Adansonia digitata said:

Izzy was lucky Marvin couldn't keep him on the ground

Izzy looks like he learnt a lot from his fight with Jan. If Marvin had like just +1 to jiu jitsu fundamentals he could have gotten that rear naked choke. Instead of Marvin digging his heels into Izzy's thighs to prevent Izzy from twisting in the guard, he instead crossed his ankles which is a no-no. 

The difference between Moreno's choke and Marvin's choke is the difference between a champion and not. Moreno was textbook stuff. 

• Agree 1