What are you currently listening to?

PsyCLown

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Chris Jay said:

Farck, what a roller coaster ride the past 2 weeksish. The finale was meeting member from here, @The_StonedTrooperat the Potterys social club in PE. Awesome day and a super meet and greet. Cheers to our cannabis culture.

All I can say is Farck 2

Brother, you really are such a chill and knowledgeably person, and was an honor to meet you, and sure it's the first of many more times to come.

The community will benefit greatly from more collaborative efforts and there is lots on the cards ahead. 

• Fire! 1

So cool to go through all of this, I'm a serious music lover who dabbles in a few instruments. My music taste stretches seriously far, but since there is a real lack of Metal on this thread I'm adding to it with something a little new that blew my mind. (For those not interested in listening to it's entirety, just skip to 05:00 and listen to the last minute 😂)

• Like 2

Holy fucking shit that is some of the roughest Metal Ive heard in my life :-hairpull.

I also enjoy metal music quite abit but I tend to think my metal is alot easier on the ears. 🤣😂

Heres a documentary about a bunch of surfers that started a metal band. Every single one of my friends never listened to metal until they watched this documentary. Quite strange, but I think as soon as they were able to relate to the metal surfers, then they started loving their music. Their songs play throughout the documentary so you kindof get a feel for them. One of my favorites over the last 5 to 10 years or so. I would recommend this to any rock or metal listener. Enjoy

• Haha 1

@The Grass Baas Ahh! So good to see a man of culture within this group! Don't suppose you were at the Oppi Koppi where Newtown Knife gang (basically the old 16 Stitch) played a cover of Fallout? They had Brandon Pratt from Red Helen join them for the song. It was amazing, the 5 years I went to Oppi were some of the greatest times of my life!

• Like 1

@Martin7318 Myyyyyyyyy man!!!!!!!!!! Cultured indeed. I was lucky enough to have parents that took me to these festivals. Last one I went to must've been 2009.....I think....If I recall I was also at the last woodstocks.....watched an epic Swedish band called Blindside. What a fucking show.

These guys do fallout really well. Unfortunately I don't think I was at this one. Can just imagine what lekker fun it was there.

• Like 1

Back in the day I used to be in a band called Suck Like Malcolm and we used to play with likes of Pestroy and Wickhead, The Narrow, etc. Koppis were an annual thing until I became too commercial to enjoy. I remember 16Stitch also, was always in awe of 2 bassists in one band 🤣

• Like 4

@donnob I honestly dont remember your band. We were also in a band playing around pta with the kid of doom guys and bands like soil 7t7. We once got to open for soil7t7 at a show. What a fuckup but what fun.

I really enjoyed 16stitch. I was lucky enough to go to coke fest in JHB when metallica was live with Collective Soul. Standing in the crowd I see these oaks that have dreadlocks and thought, this must be 16 stitch. I tap the guy on the shoulder, he turns around while taking a huge bong hit, in the middle of coke fest. I thought it was the funniest thing ever. Here is one of the coolest bands in SA down where I am watching metallica klapping a fat bong in the crowd.

• Like 2

@The Grass Baas we were at the same show 😅 I managed to score Kirk Hammet's pick that day, also remember that the power tripped half way through Collective Soul's set and that the beer ran out before darkness hit 😆. Did you go to the coke fest after that with Muse and Korn, etc? And Iron Maiden when they were here?

• Like 3

@donnob hahaha. What a crazy small world. I was still so broke and couldn't get a golden circle ticket. Ended up getting one off a security guard for R50. 🤣😂 Just in time for Seether too. I do totally remember the power outage on collective soul. I think it was still when they were playing shine. I might be wrong but that was looooong ago. 

Those were the days dude. 

• Like 2