Fade or deficiency

These plants have been in flower since 13 December. I have noticed some of the lower leaves turning yellow, some dying.

Could this be fade or a nitrogen deficiency? Im growing in living soil so if its a deficiency, what could I use here?

The tallest is sour diesel, middle is GSC and the smaller one is a cannatonic cbd.

2aff106bc68a9e4bc6771f1dd076cc39.jpgc0af0bd2d09938fbce29f9f79b8bd622.jpgfbd2dcfbd34ad22331a7bfdc375bc32c.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah that looks like they are fading to the finish.- which is very normal. Just remove the yellow and dying leaves.

Those ladies are very 'bushy', preventing decent air movement through the plant, that could possibly lead to conditions for PM, due to no air movement. Depending on your local weather conditions of course. Inland your RH would be lower than here by the coast.

I would have done a lekker defoliation before they go into flower. Just my 2c

Are you feeding them anything to fatten up?

• Like 1

Yeah that looks like they are fading to the finish.- which is very normal. Just remove the yellow and dying leaves.
Those ladies are very 'bushy', preventing decent air movement through the plant, that could possibly lead to conditions for PM, due to no air movement. Depending on your local weather conditions of course. Inland your RH would be lower than here by the coast.
I would have done a lekker defoliation before they go into flower. Just my 2c
Are you feeding them anything to fatten up?

Im just feeding them with malted barley and microbes, still looking for something to fatten them up. I have used ash from the fire 2 weeks ago but not sure how much I can give them before running into issues.

I would prefer to give something organic / natural.

Thanks for the advice, I have removed all the yellow and dead leaves and gave them a small haircut. Im also keeping an eye out for PM as it happened with my first grow but I think theres enough wind here to assist with evaporation etc.

Yeah, go easy on the ash (woodash only) as its very alkaline. 

Banana smoothies work well for me.

Blitz half to one banana per plant in a food processor (peels and all) with dechlorinated water. (I do banana, apple, comfrey, aloe vera and mix in a bit of carrot and potato peels) You can mix in some molasses 25 - 50ml as well.  Then dilute in 20lt water and feed your flowering plants. As an option you can add some organic flowering nutes as well. Just keep ratios and strength of the mix in mind.

Plain molasses in water also works well, it feeds the microbes, who in turn feed your plants.

• Like 2

Yeah, go easy on the ash (woodash only) as its very alkaline. 
Banana smoothies work well for me.
Blitz half to one banana per plant in a food processor (peels and all) with dechlorinated water. (I do banana, apple, comfrey, aloe vera and mix in a bit of carrot and potato peels) You can mix in some molasses 25 - 50ml as well.  Then dilute in 20lt water and feed your flowering plants. As an option you can add some organic flowering nutes as well. Just keep ratios and strength of the mix in mind.
Plain molasses in water also works well, it feeds the microbes, who in turn feed your plants.
Awsome!! Thanks for the recipes, will visit the shops tomorrow for some ingredients.