How much to spend on a vaporizer

Dank

Ordered myself a GPen Elite for 2200 rant and while i was browsing the site i saw some really expensive vapes. Not that 2k is cheap 😅

I get that some of them are for dabs, waxes, oil, etc, but how to justify spending 6k on a vape?

I own a Flowermate Aura and its pretty decent and can vape dabs, and price tag just under 2k.

What do you guys think about the more expensive vapes, the cheapers ones, and anybody used the GPen Elite? Thoughts?

• Like 2

My first dry herb vape was a Arizer ArGo (R3750) and now my primary means of consuming cannabis is through a Da Buddha Vaporizer (R3300). 

My opinion is that the vapes that are designed for just one form of cannabis (dab, herb, concentrate etc) are much better than those that can do both or all. I find the cheaper vapes that can do any substrate cheap out on one or the other. 

Although if I were to desire a product that can do both or all substrates I would definitely go for the top tier ones that are over R6k because then you know it will do well. 

Hence I went for the ones that did dry herb the best as that was what I have the most access to. The ArGo is the best portable dry herb vape I have found and the Da Buddha Vape I would say only has the Volcano Classic Vaporizer (R7360) as a competitor. 

The GPen Elite I would say is the better vape of the ones at it's price level and it is recommended for dry herb use only, so you know that it will do that well. I think you have spent your money wisely 8-)

Arizer ArGo

8192-arizer-argo-vaporizer.jpg.452af51a2964acba8f500dd2faee56e8.jpg

Da Buddha Vape

da-buddha-vaporizer-a27755-550x550w.jpeg.235af256d3940ae49b3fcaa844714b25.jpeg

Volcano Classic Vape

volcano.JPG.f81ac5eceba95bb15cb329494d9b6cb0.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd love to try the volcano!

The first and only vaporizer I bought was the arizer solo. I bought it 5 years ago and use it nearly daily ever since. I only needed to replace the batteries once so far. I am very happy with it! I think it cost 3000 Rand back then. 

By now they released the arizer solo 2, which is in a similar price range.

I dream of getting the "mighty" one day...

Edit: I think, if you use it daily and it lasts for years it's worth buying it, even if it's one of the more expensive models. The cheap ones might just disappoint you and you might just not use it anymore after a couple of sessions.

Edited by Fridge
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

We used a Vulcano Classic. Is a bit of a mission and the plastic bag you have to replace rather often. In a group for a fun little smoking sit around, yeah.. daily use.. way to stationary. The thing is as heavy as it looks like.

Used a Pocket Vaporizer, OK.. or a Pen Vaporizer. My preferred one. You can take it everywhere and can serve you a few heavy tokes on the go 😁 is the version I used BY FAR the most.

I used this one: https://vapestore.co.za/pen-vaporizers/ghost

Also bought it from those guys. The pen lasts very veeery long on one charge. 

• Like 3

Shot @Ill_Evan , you are like a vape guru bru , can't wait to test out the GPen.

On a side note my better half is wondering if any dry tabacco vapes exist, apparently the tabacco needs higher temps than 230, seems most vapes cap out at 230 celcius.

Shot for the input @Fridge , @Prom , appreciated, nice to hear all the positive vibes from the dry herb vapes.

If I think how much groceries cost these days its not hard to justify a vape purchase.

What would your dream vape be right now? 

• Like 2

It really depends on your budget and what you want to achieve.

I have a cheapy chinese vape which has served me well for around 2 to 3 years now, paid like 35 USD for it (R600 or so I think).

It works well enough for me to continue to use it, but it is not on the same level as some of the more expensive vapes like the two which @Ill_Evan has... but it does get the job done. Just a bit slower and perhaps with 2 sessions being required.

I would like to get myself a proper decent vape sometime soon, probably look at spending around R4k to R5k - like the Pax 3 or Davinci IQ 2.

However I do expect the vape to last a good couple of years, both of these are a premium product.

So in car terms, the above mentioned vapes are perhaps comparable to a higher end BMW or Merc, where some of the cheaper but still decent ones are perhaps a VW or Honda. My current chinese vape is more like a Cherry or Tata and the Volcano perhaps like a Porsche or Maserati. lol

Spending in the R2k range you can still get a decent vape for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Dank said:

On a side note my better half is wondering if any dry tabacco vapes exist, apparently the tabacco needs higher temps than 230, seems most vapes cap out at 230 celcius.

True story, my ArGo caps at 220 C. 

I've seen before those vapes that you actually slide the cigarette into and the device heats the cigarette enough to vape it. Ever seen those before? 

Otherwise I am not too sure how one could vape tobacco 🤔

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Yocan Official
      Dear Yocan fans, Christmas is coming, are you looking forward to receiving a surprise from the Yocan manufacturer? In this festival of blessings full of joy, we have specially prepared a wonderful lottery for you to express our long-lasting gratitude to the fans who have supported Yocan atomizer equipment. If you interact with us, you will have a chance to win our mysterious Christmas gift package!

Which Yocan vaporizer devices will you get?
      In our Christmas gift boxes, each gift box contains a carefully crafted new vaporizer Cylo, allowing you to enjoy vaping as much as you want. It uses high-quality materials and workmanship to ensure your safety and health. There are also a variety of colors and styles to choose from, making your e-cigarette more personalized, fashionable, and convenient.
      Yocan Vaporizer manufacturer Christmas Giveaway 2023
      Prize details
      This event will start on December 21, 2023, and end on January 1, 2024. The number of winners is 8.
      Prizes for the top five winners: Mysterious New Year gift pack (more than 8 prizes)
      Sixth place: Yocan Cylo+Yocan Zen
      Two winners remain: one each Yocan Cylo Number of winners: 8
      Event time: December 21, 2023 – January 1, 2024
      How to Become a Yocan Christmas Giveaway Winner?
      There are many ways to participate in this event, including via email, social media, and more.
      If you want to be one of the eight winners, you’ll get bonus points for actively completing tasks in Gleam every day. Bonus points will accumulate as you complete each day’s activities. The top eight people with the highest points will receive the above prizes.
      Finally, Yocan welcomes new people to participate in this event. If you can share this event with those in need. Yocan would appreciate any help and looks forward to your interaction with Yocan!
    • By WannabeGrower
      Selling so cheap as I became addicted and just want all the reminders and temptations gone.
      selling for R500 to just recuperate some of the cost, but if someone doesn't take it it will be PIFfed.
      Doesn't have remote but doesn't require it to be used. 

Not including bags, because of the covid risk. But it uses big oven bags available at grocery stores.

Someone please take it off my hands 
    • By Delicious
      Item: Arizer Air silver vaporiser
      Price: 2000
      Warranty: Remainder of 2 year warranty (international though, but they're very easy to deal with)
      Packaging: Yes, complete
      Condition: 9/10 - See below
      Reason: Not using anymore
      Shipping: Your arrangement, cost and risk
      Collection: Preferred
      This is a great device. Solid build quality, with a lifetime warranty on the heating element. I haven't used this device in a long time, because I already have a Solo 2, Dynavap, Boundless CF etc etc. You get the picture...
      The packaging is complete, and even includes the lavender herbs that came with it. Unfortunately there are no screens, and the glass tube with mouth piece has been used. See below for more info:
      Included:
      Air battery Charger Glass tube 70mm and stem cap Glass aroma dish Belt-clip carry case Clear protective silicone skin Maybe?
      Glass tube with mouth piece (this has been used, but it can be cleaned if you want it included) Stainless steel stirring tool (I'll need to double check if I still have this)
    • By Delicious
      Item: Volcano Classic Vaporizer with Easy Valve
      Price: 5500
      Warranty: Remainder of 3 years with Vape Store
      Packaging: Yes
      Condition: 9/10
      Reason: Not using anymore
      Shipping: Prefer not to because of the size
      Collection: Yes, preferred
      This is a feeler for the moment until I can fully commit to giving this beauty away. If you are interested though, just send me a message.
      The device works perfectly and is in mint condition. The chamber has been cleaned regularly.
      The reason the condition is listed as 9/10 is because some of the original contents won't be included in the deal. See below:
      Included:
      One sealed bag with adapter Unused liquid pad set Sealed replacement balloons - 3 metres long, which will make 3 fresh bags (or one monster one). Easy valve filling chamber reducer Magazine with 8 dosing capsules - these fit the filling chamber reducer above Replacement filling chamber clips Replacement filling chamber O-rings There should be some extra screens, but I'll have to double check. NOT included:
      Volcano herb mill / grinder - This has been used. But you're probably better off using your own grinder anyway. 4x EASY VALVE Balloon with Mouthpiece - Unfortunately these have all been used, and for safety reasons (i.e COVID) I won't include them in the deal. 1x cleaning brush - Again, because of COVID this won't be included Pics on request.