Air Pump

Stefan

Hi all, can you please help with suggestions with an air pump for 20-50l buckets. I’m not sure what to look at to determine what makes a good pump.

I plan on using a airstone and just a simple preparation. I’ve read about the vortex systems but for now, I’ll probably upgrade in future to such a system but for now would like to just try making tea itself.

forgive me if this has already been posted somewhere, had a quick scan and didn’t see it.

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 2

When I was making teas I used a much cheaper airpump.

https://www.jungleaquatics.net/online-store/SOBO-SB9905-Double-Outlet-Air-Pump-p105310395

This with 2x airstones inside my bucket with the tea worked well for me.

However for a Vortex, you want a more powerful pump... so going for Hailea may make sense then... but then you might as well build a Vortex brewer.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

When I was making teas I used a much cheaper airpump.

https://www.jungleaquatics.net/online-store/SOBO-SB9905-Double-Outlet-Air-Pump-p105310395

This with 2x airstones inside my bucket with the tea worked well for me.

However for a Vortex, you want a more powerful pump... so going for Hailea may make sense then... but then you might as well build a Vortex brewer.

I built a airlift brewer and purchased a 55l/m pump, only to scrap PVC and chuck the air stones directly, Feel with a big enough pump you get more displacement from just the stones. 

Now, I'm done with the teas too, and following a much more simple methodology.

• Like 2